ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Studio/Specimen Photography
swizz
post Apr 27 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

I'm trying to get dialed-in with my indoor photography for mineral specimens and also my leather and knifeworks.
I'll be using a Nikon D3000 and my first attempts will be ISO-100, f-3.5, and slow shutter speed... maybe 1/60 sec.
Still need to get a background that's fairly neutral like gray for the bottom of the box which I don't have. I bought a large pad of misc-colors construction paper and I think I can find something drab in there to set in the box.
I should theoretically have three lights above but my box isn't very big. I can raise or lower those.... also adjust position universally. The three vertical white panels of the box are translucent. I draped a white plastic trash bag over the top to diffuse the lights which would otherwise create hot spots in the images. The light sources should theoretically be 5000K temp Daylight Fluorescent.... I'm using Daylight Floods which are a little more powerful than 5000K so I'm sure I'll be moving them higher or compensating with the camera settings.
Anyway... here's my setup thus far. If any of you are skilled at this please chine in!! I'm experimenting and learning.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 07:48 AM