ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Winter Fly Fishing
swizz
post May 26 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (kmontoya911)
O. K.

No pictures, but the drought is over. I got to go fly fishing today. I belly boated Parvin up in Red feather. Normally, I either get skunked or catch 2 fish. Usually I get skunked. I have gone to this lake since I was about 10, so over 30 years on this artificial flies and lures lake.

Today, I landed 9 fish, all rainbows. Smallest, and most, 10.5 in. A couple 15-16 in. One 17 and one 18 in.

It's the best opening day, and by far the best day ever on this lake, I have had.

Thank you, that is all.

Parvin! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
I'm very familiar with that lake but don't think I've fished it since about 1990 and it fished well at that time too.
I think it's always been a research lake.... do you still have to check-in and out and log information on every catch? That was kinda cool, my friend and I got to know the regular guy who manned the shack there at the time.
There are some monsters in that lake, watch your toes! fishing1.gif arms.gif ohmy.gif

Really glad that you had a great day there and I wish you had some pics, brings back some nice memories thinking about that place.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kmontoya911
post May 26 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #17

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 15,180

It is still a research lake.

You have to check in and out, but it is mostly by paper now. I haven't seen someone in the hut for a few years now.

I thought this was the coolest lake when I was a kid because it was the only place I knew of that was artificial flies and lures only. I now know that that is not uncommon, but it still is a special place because of how important it was to me as a kid.

The only camara I have right now is my droid, but my luck, I would have dropped it in the lake.

I plan on getting out some this summer, so I hope to be able to post something up with pics.

--------------------

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 24 2012, 08:12 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,983

Hi all,
I just got back from spending the better part of this week fly-fishing the Frying Pan near Basalt. Stayed on the river at the Taylor Creek Cabins which have about a mile of private water on the Pan. Sure beats the heck out of any hotels/motels I've ever stayed in. Full kitchens, bedrooms, everything. A bit rustic... but that's the way I like it.
Very fun and I highly recommend it if you are the fly fishing sort.
Many nice Bows, Browns, an a few Cutts. Here's one of the better Bows (maybe 22"-23")....

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 25 2012, 08:34 AM
Post #19

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

fishing1.gif Sounds like a great time! Nice looking fish!

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
OklaPony
post Mar 4 2012, 10:17 AM
Post #20

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,289

The only thing keeping off the stream is 700 miles of distance. Nice looking fish... I can't wait to get back there!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:17 AM