ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Fun in the Sun, So what is your hidden tallent?
Woody
post Nov 27 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,615

A lot of us have a hidden talent. Well here is another one that one of my brothers have. He builds Boomerangs from Black Walnut and they perform very nice. Him and his family came over for Thanksgiving and while we were waiting for the "Turkey Button" to pop out, we went to a local field and tried our hand at throwing some. The bigger one is about 18 inches around and it is very accurate. You just about can't go wrong with this one. I quickly learned the best way to throw it was to grasp it like a hatchet and give it a hard toss. You would think it should be launched like a Frisbee but the overhand technique works much better. It quickly flattens out and then starts a wide circle making about a 30 yard span. He showed me different tricks with it and I wish I had made a video. Often you could throw it very hard and it would come right back to you. Now catching it was a different skill set altogether. If you tried to catch it with one hand it would "Snock the Knot" right out of you. It was something I had not done since my childhood days. I have hunted Grouse with a dog leg stick but I haven't had much success at it. I always resort back to my trusty wrist rocket. Maybe sometime we will make a video out hunting Grouse with a dog leg stick and boomerangs.

Have a good one, Woody.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member
(currently working hard in the procurement department)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:21 PM