ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kansas Prospectin
ScottKS
post Jul 27 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #31

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 319

Cleaned up the cons yesturday and here is the take from last weekend....there is some chunkers in there biggrin.gif wink.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bill-SD
post Jul 27 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #32

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 2,680

Way to go Scott.
Really nice to see ya workin with the kids and the locals.
Even gettin some color in yer pan.

Carry on

+Quote Post
faaus
post Jul 29 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #33

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 978

Hey Scott,

I'm proud of you Buddy! It was really great of you to work with the scouts!

Heavy Pans,
faaus

+Quote Post
ScottKS
post Aug 24 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #34

Rock Bar!

Welp i went out again yesturday.....this is a new spot farther downstream on private land...this spot was much nicer then the last and much cleaner water tongue.gif ....grandparents really enjoyed this spot more then Nettleton......i only used the highbanker this time and dug on the bank to the right and if you look hard enough you can see the handle of the shovel....i haven't cleaned the cons yet but i will post a pic.......as of right now i'm thinking this was my last Kansas Prospecting outting with the operation...i might go out and mess around panning but i'm going to take it easy...i probably shoveled about 50 buckets and made a nice sized hole in the bank and that wore me out mellow.gif and got a nice sunburn...there was cloud cover at times but that sun was hot down in that valley ...so i'm going to just take it easy and wait for the bigger stuff in AZ because this small stuff just isn't really worth the work anymore. laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ScottKS
post Mar 29 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #35

Rock Bar!

Kansas Gold Up-To-Date......now your probably wondering how many colors are in there......idk.....but if i had to guess.....around 500 or so and remember that this picture is zoomed in alittle..... smiley-shocked003.gif lol
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mike B.
post Mar 29 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #36

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 1,581

Nice!

And that's Kansas gold...right?

--------------------
The impersonal hand of government can never replace the helping hand of a neighbor. -Hubert H. Humphrey

+Quote Post
ScottKS
post Mar 30 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #37

Rock Bar!

Yuppers most all of that is Kansas.......there might be a speck or too from Fairplay's May outting because i may of not got all the gold out of the miner's moss when i cleaned up at Fairplay....the mats were frozen at the time and may of not dropped all the gold......but i bet all this Kansas gold came from Colorado anyways.....lol......i figure glacial drift before the John Martin Reservoir Dam was built west of Lamar...that's my perdictions....or maybe that dutch oven treasure spilled into the river...that gold was from the CA Gold Rush....hec i'm not for sure....all i know is gold is gold....no matter where it comes from....smiley-laughing021.gif

+Quote Post
Mike B.
post Mar 31 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #38

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 1,581

QUOTE (ScottKS @ Mar 30 2009, 10:39 AM) *
Yuppers most all of that is Kansas.......there might be a speck or too from Fairplay's May outting because i may of not got all the gold out of the miner's moss when i cleaned up at Fairplay....the mats were frozen at the time and may of not dropped all the gold......but i bet all this Kansas gold came from Colorado anyways.....lol......i figure glacial drift before the John Martin Reservoir Dam was built west of Lamar...that's my perdictions....or maybe that dutch oven treasure spilled into the river...that gold was from the CA Gold Rush....hec i'm not for sure....all i know is gold is gold....no matter where it comes from....smiley-laughing021.gif

Hey ScottKS,

Can you tell me more about that "dutch oven"? drool.gif

--------------------
The impersonal hand of government can never replace the helping hand of a neighbor. -Hubert H. Humphrey

+Quote Post
Lloyd
post Apr 1 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #39

Observer

Member No.: 3,336

emoticon-object-009.gif
QUOTE (Mike B. @ Mar 31 2009, 11:34 AM) *
Hey ScottKS,

Can you tell me more about that "dutch oven"? drool.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Lloyd
post Apr 1 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #40

Observer

Member No.: 3,336

QUOTE (Lloyd @ Apr 1 2009, 07:13 PM) *
emoticon-object-009.gif

+Quote Post
ScottKS
post Apr 1 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #41

Rock Bar!

In 1851 a party of returning California gold miners and their families was attacked by Indians just across the Arkansas River from what later became Taylor Ranch two miles southwest of Offerle. $90,000 worth of gold dust was buried in a Dutch oven at the site, and the only survivor was a eight year old girl who was taken captive by the Indians. She survived to pass on the story to her descendants. In 1918 a woman who claimed to be related to a survivor of the massacre (none outside of the eight year old girl was known to exist) turned up in Kinsley with a map indicating that the treasure was hidden somewhere southwest of town, but she was unable to find it.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/OZ-KansasTreasures7.html (Look under Offerle)

+Quote Post
mystic mining
post Apr 7 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #42

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 2,535

hi
Scott smiley-laughing021.gif

+Quote Post
ScottKS
post Oct 1 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #43

Rock Bar!

Here is Nettleton as of last Saturday.....really sad....it has gone downhill alot....mostly because of beaver dams...sigh
Attached Image

Here is a better looking spot...this spot is just south of the little town of Garfield (down stream from Nettleton...hec the last outting i posted (Aug 24 2008, 02:10 PM) is down stream about a mile or two from here....lol).....just under the bridge....if you look hard enough you can find a floor sweeper..sigh smiley-shocked003.gif people just don't respect our lands anymore...they think they are junk yards...sigh......well anyways..lol
Attached Image

In some of these pictures you can see where the beavers have dammed up the river.....that's why it's a smaller down to a stream right under the bridge.
Attached Image

Here is the spot i dug (right by the fallen branches in the river)....found a fleck....yes a fleck...bigger then a speck but smaller then a flake...In the first pan of 3...the last two was zip...lol....smiley-laughing021.gif.....if the weather looks good enough i might get a wild hair and take out the dredge this Saturday smiley-shocked003.gif....that will make it the first time this season...oh my oh my...hec might even go out the next weekend...better getter done before cold strikes char060.gif bash.gif.....hey Mike B. or any other peeps near by....let me know if you could make it over this weekend (If i even go out) or any other weekend....would like to see some other prospectors out with me if anyone can make it wink.gif......lol
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ScottKS
post Oct 3 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #44

Rock Bar!

See what a week can do smiley-shocked003.gifjawdrop.gif bash.gif......lol...oh well i probably wasn't going to go out anyways poke.gif....here is the after math pics....and also a pic of the other side of the river at Nettleton...bleh.gif

Can see the sweeper better in this pic....it's now takeing a bath....lol he he he
Attached Image
Maybe that beaver dam gave way...maybe it was one farther upstream and made a chain reaction...i don't really know...lol
Attached Image
Nettleton west side
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ScottKS
post Jan 23 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #45

Rock Bar!

Made my river run today.....started at Nettleton followed the river road to Garfield bridge......did about 2 hours of gold panning and found two specks.......then went to the other side of Nettleton. Click on this link to see the rest of this trip......Geocaching.....happy088.gif

http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...amp;#entry18185

Attached Image

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:58 AM