ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
U. S. Bureau of Mines Open-File Report MLA 65-83
llamabox
post Sep 16 2013, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,104

Doing research I have seen this study referenced many times but I can't seem to find it or a way to request a copy of it. I have found some of the accompanying work that has come in helpful, but if anyone can help me find this one I would be very thankful.

U. S. Bureau of Mines Open-File Report MLA 65-83
Mineral investigation of the Sangre de Cristo Wilderness Study Area, Alamosa, Custer, Fremont, Huerfano, and Saguache Counties, Colorado:Ellis, C.E., Hannigan, B.J., and Thompson, J.R., 1983
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swizz
post Sep 16 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,983

I tried but couldn't find anything on it.
What info are you trying to get from the report?

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
llamabox
post Sep 16 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 65,104

Just trying to get more info. Not sure what exactly is in the report. It has been cited in a number of places while doing research on old/closed claims. Such as this one,
Sampling by Ellis and others (1983) produced grades up to 0.58 oz/ton gold, 2.8 oz/ton silver, and 2% copper from iron- and copper-stained gneissic fault gouge, silicified fault breccia, and quartz veins.

Is that quote for that claim exactly or for the general area. Did the Bureau of Mines do sampling from each of the past producers in the area?
I was able to find this one done the next year.
Mineral resource potential map of the Sangre de Cristo Wilderness study area, south-central Colorado
1984, Johnson, B. R.; Lindsey, D. A.; Ellis, C. E.; Hannigan, B. J.; Thompson, J. R.
USGS Miscellaneous Field Studies Map: 1635-A http://pubs.usgs.gov/mf/1984/1635a/report.pdf

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Sep 17 2013, 07:22 AM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 41,357

That would be for that specific claim, I think - I have run into that type of info too, while trying to look it up - specifically for the claims out near the Great Sand Dunes. It seems that they went to a lot of the old major and minor claims and did some sort of investigation of them and their geology, with a little investigation of the general areas, but the specific info (x.xx gold per ton) looks like it is from the assays from the original claim(s), not the general areas. Still, it gives you a start for an area to look.

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
World Traveler, 7 Continent Walker
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER
Referral Code: SE2104

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:23 AM