ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Overwhelming loss!
Denise
post Dec 31 2017, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

It floods my heart with overwhelming sorrow to inform everyone that my husband Dan passed away early Friday. cry.gif The sudden loss of him has left me beside myself and confused. Tim and I are doing our best to hold ourselves and things together but it is very difficult right now. Please bare with me as I am also having problems access the work computer. If you have signed up or am trying to notify us by e-mail, please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. For now I can be reached through the personal messenger in the forums.

Thank you all very much for your prayers and understanding!

Denise
sad.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gold Hill Miner
post Jan 13 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #2

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,279

QUOTE (Denise @ Dec 31 2017, 08:45 AM) *
It floods my heart with overwhelming sorrow to inform everyone that my husband Dan passed away early Friday. cry.gif The sudden loss of him has left me beside myself and confused. Tim and I are doing our best to hold ourselves and things together but it is very difficult right now. Please bare with me as I am also having problems access the work computer. If you have signed up or am trying to notify us by e-mail, please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. For now I can be reached through the personal messenger in the forums.

Thank you all very much for your prayers and understanding!

Denise
sad.gif

Hello Denise,

My heart goes out to you!
My late husband passed in 2001. We had over 20 years of incredible adventure and love. We also helped moderate a CB radio club and helped to organize events here in Colorado before he passed. The support from the club was remarkable as well as the support from the fishing community we worked with.
There are definitely times when I know he is here looking out for the kids and I. One day I felt threatened on one of my mining claims and a white owl was perched on a tree close to my house for quite a while. I mentioned it to a friend a few days later and she instructed me to look up Owl Lure.
The first sentences i read said " When a white owl comes to visit; it is some one from the past that has come to protect you and your loved ones, help you find good fortune, remind you to go with your intuition and protect your boundaries.
For a couple of years at this point, I had been trying to read the mineral survey numbers carved on the hundred year old stone monuments around my claims. On this same day the owner of the survey company I was working with instructed me to try a high deph. camera on the stone monuments.
I went to the tree where the white owl had been. First I could just see the blazing on the tree and as I looked down, the morning sun was hitting the mineral survey numbers on a giant stone marker right at the base of the tree.
I had yet to turn the camera on. I had goosebumps! I am not sure I ever had a spiritual bone in body before that. I felt like it was my late husband
Needless to say, It took me a year before I realized I had to turn on the high deph. button on my camera.
It had been a few years since the Fourmile Canyon fire took our home and all the trees. The tree has fallen this year and I took a couple of gallons of dirt from under the tree roots. Out of a 1/4 cup of dirt I found two grams of gold. Wow!
I even heard my late husbands voice come out of my son's mouth with witnesses.
I have been prospecting on my patented mining claims for over thirty years, not knowing anything about minerals, mining claims or the laws.
Your site has been an invaluable resource for me. Especially everything I have learned from Dan and CP!
Since I joined this' club, I learned quite a bit about, technique, ore, mineral survey retracement, history, geology and so much more. I look forward to meeting several of you one day. I am also forever grateful for all of Gene Kooper's links to the laws and hope I get to meet him one day as well. He is an amazing teacher and a valuable asset to your site.
I have also discovered members I know personally in my area that are eager to go out prospecting with me.
Thank you for everything Denise and hang in there. Please know that the love you shared will never goes away.

Warm Regards,
GHM

--------------------
Warm Regards,
GHM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Denise   Overwhelming loss!   Dec 31 2017, 09:45 AM
- - swizz   Sadness beyond words Denise. We are all here for y...   Dec 31 2017, 12:19 PM
- - ASTROBLEME   Denise, Our prayers are with you and Tim during t...   Dec 31 2017, 12:56 PM
- - Skygazer   Thank you all for your prays as my mom said. it is...   Dec 31 2017, 01:00 PM
- - Colorado Roots   Wow :( I am very sorry for your loss My con...   Dec 31 2017, 04:11 PM
- - johnnybravo300   My heart aches for you guys and im so sorry. Not e...   Dec 31 2017, 04:38 PM
- - Crusty   Still in shock days after hearing the news, so of ...   Dec 31 2017, 04:57 PM
- - Clay Diggins   I'm sorry for your loss. Dan will be missed by...   Dec 31 2017, 09:24 PM
- - EMac   This is still all so very surreal to me. Dan survi...   Dec 31 2017, 11:07 PM
- - Woody   Dumfounded, numb, and in shock! I wish I was s...   Jan 1 2018, 11:18 AM
- - relicsncoins   So very sorry to hear this very sad news. Thought...   Jan 1 2018, 08:11 PM
- - Gene Kooper   My deepest condolences on the loss of your husband...   Jan 1 2018, 10:21 PM
- - ChuckD   I haven’t logged on in a while, and this is the fi...   Jan 2 2018, 08:14 AM
- - Kevin In Centennial   So sorry to hear this, such a loss. My thoughts ar...   Jan 4 2018, 09:03 AM
- - Gold Seeker   Denise and Tim, I just heard about your great lo...   Jan 5 2018, 06:23 PM
- - traddoerr   I had heard from Crusty about Dan's passing, s...   Jan 7 2018, 07:21 PM
- - nebraskadad   Denise, I haven't been here for a long time....   Jan 8 2018, 10:16 AM
- - Proudtex76   So sorry Denise. Prayers for you and your family.   Jan 12 2018, 09:06 AM
- - Gold Hill Miner   QUOTE (Denise @ Dec 31 2017, 08:45 AM) It...   Jan 13 2018, 10:53 AM
- - Crusty   Thanks for sharing GHM; quite a testimonial!   Jan 13 2018, 11:53 AM
- - Denise   Thanks everyone, Tim and I are doing the best we c...   Jan 14 2018, 09:41 AM
- - TWA   QUOTE (Denise @ Dec 31 2017, 08:45 AM) It...   Feb 5 2018, 12:59 AM
- - HerkimerDeb   To the family and friends, my husband and I are n...   Mar 2 2018, 08:56 AM
- - Coalbunny   As I rarely come to CP anymore today was the first...   May 20 2018, 08:48 AM
- - DaddyD   I am very sorry to hear about your loss I have bee...   Aug 25 2021, 03:34 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
16 User(s) are reading this topic (16 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:54 PM