ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Howdy, my introduction
timloco
post May 3 2016, 05:05 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 122,606

Hi everyone, I recently joined the club. I've been a rockhound since I was a kid. I have a picture of me, about 7 years old or so selling rocks in a rock stand in front of my house :-) 39 years later...

Lately I've decided to try focusing on rocks more valuable, maybe get lucky and make some money or at the very least get outside in the fresh air so I joined up here to meet some folks and learn more about prospecting in general. I'm totally new to it.

I have a gold pan and I got a bag of paydirt online and panned that out so I think I got the mechanics of that figured out. But I'm also really interested in gems. I cut cabachon style stuff like agate, I have a slab saw and a trim saw. 20 pounds of rocks are tumbling in my garage at any one time. So now I want to kick it up a notch.

I'm in Fort Collins if anyone wants to go dig stuff up sometime!

-Tim

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusty
post May 3 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Welcome to the club!

There is an invite in the club member section to MikeS's claim for the weekend after next if you'd like to get together with some folks from the club.

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Crusty
post May 3 2016, 09:12 PM
Post #3

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Also Swizz has a couple annual member invites to his claim in the north part of the state... we're working glacial gold up there. Usually Memorial Day and 4th of July are the big ones.

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
timloco
post May 3 2016, 09:53 PM
Post #4

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 122,606

QUOTE (Crusty @ May 3 2016, 10:12 PM) *
Also Swizz has a couple annual member invites to his claim in the north part of the state... we're working glacial gold up there. Usually Memorial Day and 4th of July are the big ones.

Glacial gold! Cool. Kinda slim pickins it seems for gold in the north part of the state. Looking forward to seeing other members and learning how to do it. There's treasure out there, just laying on/in the ground waiting for me to pick it up :-)

+Quote Post
MikeS
post May 5 2016, 09:59 AM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Welcome to the forums and the club timloco! sign0016.gif

Keep an eye on the protected forums. I hope to have several invites for club members to my claim and other prospects this season. My main goal this year is finding my first gold claim but I also want to hunt for other goodies too. Lots of good info here on the website so dig in!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:53 AM