ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Clear Creek
swizz
post Apr 7 2016, 02:03 PM
Post #186

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

yak..... for sure! Join us anytime! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Mr Ruby! So glad to hear from you again! I was planning on hitting the creek on Sat or Sunday but there is tentative job interference looming for me now. I'll know by sometime tomorrow whether or not I can dip my shovel.
I won a terrific petrified wood pendant from the CP referral contest.... which you had done the setting. It is astonishing. It will be a present for my Mother's 93rd birthday, and she is gonna love it! Also, your maker's mark is very cool. smiley-cool14.gif You sir, are very talented.
Hope to see you again soon, and say hi to Char!. cheers.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EMac
post Apr 7 2016, 02:14 PM
Post #187

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

Looks like I may be up there Saturday as well.

Yak - come on out...it's JeffCo open space and not a claim, so there aren't any prohibitions for anyone who wants to show up. If you've got waders and good gloves for cold water, they're definitely helpful. If you can bring a gold pan (check in Golden if you're not sure where), shovel and a couple buckets, you'll be in business. If I can get up there, I'll bring an extra sluice; usually someone has a spare. Same with a classification screen to remove the larger stones. I take 2, and only use them when sampling.

At home to clean up the gold, you'll need a snuffer bottle and vial of some sort to put your values in.

My recommendation is to show up, get a panning lesson or 2 (lots of techniques and variations therein....gotta find which work best for you), capture some concentrates and practice panning concentrates at home.

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
yakyakgoose
post Apr 7 2016, 03:09 PM
Post #188

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 122,603

QUOTE (EMac @ Apr 7 2016, 03:14 PM) *
Looks like I may be up there Saturday as well.

Yak - come on out...it's JeffCo open space and not a claim, so there aren't any prohibitions for anyone who wants to show up. If you've got waders and good gloves for cold water, they're definitely helpful. If you can bring a gold pan (check in Golden if you're not sure where), shovel and a couple buckets, you'll be in business. If I can get up there, I'll bring an extra sluice; usually someone has a spare. Same with a classification screen to remove the larger stones. I take 2, and only use them when sampling.

At home to clean up the gold, you'll need a snuffer bottle and vial of some sort to put your values in.

My recommendation is to show up, get a panning lesson or 2 (lots of techniques and variations therein....gotta find which work best for you), capture some concentrates and practice panning concentrates at home.

Great! What kind of gloves do you use for cold water? I have a shovel, buckets, gold pan (No idea how to use) and some Bogs. You guys can keep my gold, I dont mind paying for an education:) Ill take you up on the concentrate practice material though.

Where on the creek, Im pretty familiar with that road from when I lived in Golden.

+Quote Post
sunspirit
post Apr 7 2016, 03:11 PM
Post #189

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 27,483

Hey Chris! Glad you like the pendant! I hope your mother likes it too. My work is guaranteed, so if there are any problems, let me know.

I am keeping an eye on the weather there in JeffCO - not too enthusiastic about working in the rain. Not sure which day I'll go, but if I see your jeep, I'll stop and throw a rock.
There is always next weekend. I would like to get a couple of days in before runoff though... we'll see. Hey Yak! Looking forward to meeting you on the river.

--------------------
Happy and proud Lifetime member!
I can't help it if I have rocks in my head.

+Quote Post
swizz
post Apr 7 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #190

Dang it.... it'll have to be next weekend for me, friends. This work contract just got approved and I'm on it through this weekend. kick_can.gif
I'm happy about the contract but was looking forward to this weekend.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
relicsncoins
post Apr 8 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #191

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 122,572

Need to finish some work around the house, so I am out tomorrow also. My birthday is on Tuesday, have the day off and will be in the creek if anyone want's to do some weekday sluicing.

+Quote Post
EMac
post Apr 9 2016, 07:27 AM
Post #192

Rock Bar!

I'm spending the day with my beautiful bride someplace other than the creek.

Yak - might not be the best day to go and get a lesson

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
swizz
post Apr 12 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #193

CC Canyon closed due to a rockslide today.... glad I'm not there for that! whew.gif
Happy Birthday relics, I hope you aren't there today.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
EMac
post Apr 12 2016, 02:35 PM
Post #194

Rock Bar!

With the weather coming, this weekend doesn't look good, so they'll have time to get those loose rocks out of the way. Of course if the weather turns towards the better, I plan to be up there.

DOT says it was at MM 267.5, so just down the creek from where we usually go (found from google since I'm not on FB): CODOT

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Apr 13 2016, 06:59 AM
Post #195

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Howdy folks! I'm back in town... but as Emac said, forecast for this weekend sucks. I might be able to make it up Mon or Tue if anyone wants to hook up. Jonesing for some good Co GOLD!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Apr 13 2016, 07:31 AM
Post #196

Welcome back Crusty! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
My work season is back in full swing right now... been working nights even. Not looking good for me to hit the creek for a bit unfortunately. sad.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
relicsncoins
post Apr 13 2016, 08:21 AM
Post #197

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (swizz @ Apr 12 2016, 02:51 PM) *
CC Canyon closed due to a rockslide today.... glad I'm not there for that! whew.gif
Happy Birthday relics, I hope you aren't there today.

Was there all day yesterday. The slide happened after I got there, and was cleaned up before I left. Had no idea it even happened until I saw it on the news. I was wondering why there was no traffic.

+Quote Post
relicsncoins
post Apr 13 2016, 10:55 AM
Post #198

Shovel Buster!

My daughter came with me yesterday and she ran about 5 buckets through a sluice I setup for her. I ran 7 buckets through my sluice and saw really good gold in the top of the sluice all day as well as the largest piece of gold I have yet to see in Clear Creek.

+Quote Post
EMac
post Apr 13 2016, 11:04 AM
Post #199

Rock Bar!

Nice! Where were you at there? Same MM as before?

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Apr 13 2016, 11:09 AM
Post #200

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Swizz, now that you worked the upper area and the old spot we were working a couple weeks apart, which are you thinking is a better spot? I know the upstream location will be a no go once the water gets higher, so I guess the lower will be where we end up anyway

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
17 User(s) are reading this topic (17 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:09 AM