ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buying a claim
Modern Day Miner
post Aug 4 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,253

I am considering buying a claim from an individual. What sort of checks should I do before pruchasing this claim? I know I should sample the claim before but what other stuff should I check for?

Thanks
MDM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
swizz
post Aug 4 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,983

This is gonna get good. eating-popcorn-03.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Modern Day Miner
post Aug 4 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

Is this something any of you would even consider? I just think that if you are going to be a gold prospector/miner then wouldn't it make more sense to have your own area then to working public areas or asking permission to work other peoples claims? Or is the whole idea of having your own claim to much of a headache ie regulations and bureacratic red tape?

+Quote Post
swizz
post Aug 4 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Modern Day Miner @ Aug 4 2010, 01:33 PM) *
Is this something any of you would even consider? I just think that if you are going to be a gold prospector/miner then wouldn't it make more sense to have your own area then to working public areas or asking permission to work other peoples claims? Or is the whole idea of having your own claim to much of a headache ie regulations and bureacratic red tape?

I believe owning your own claim is certainly the way to go, whether staked or purchased... as a small scale miner your rights are enhanced. It's just that there are so many frauds and larks out there when it comes to "purchasing" a claim, you have to be very careful. Probably the biggest scam currently going in the mining community - paper claims.
CP (Dan) will hopefully chime in and help you with advice to avoid the larks. Be careful!!
Definitely wise for you to start this thread.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
nuggetstosmall
post Aug 5 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6,834

Go to grubstaker.com lot of good info on this. Also call them, they could help.

+Quote Post
swizz
post Aug 5 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (nuggetstosmall @ Aug 5 2010, 02:22 PM) *
grubstaker.com

This was brought up in another thread this year. Be very careful with these guys also, according to Dan and others.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Modern Day Miner
post Aug 5 2010, 05:08 PM
Post #7

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (swizz @ Aug 5 2010, 03:44 PM) *
This was brought up in another thread this year. Be very careful with these guys also, according to Dan and others.

I have been on the grubstaker website. And I was going to give them a call. What sort of things good or bad have you heard about them?

+Quote Post
swizz
post Aug 5 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #8

Here is a link to the thread that I was referring to.
About halfway down the page it is discussed: discussion

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Modern Day Miner
post Aug 5 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #9

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (swizz @ Aug 5 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Here is a link to the thread that I was referring to.
About halfway down the page it is discussed: discussion

Thanks swizz... It looks like I need to get in touch with the BLM just to make sure this claim is legit. I really hope it is it is pretty close to where I live. What is the average size claim (if there is such a thing) CP Dan said something in one of the posts about making the claim bigger. Does that mean that once you claim a piece of ground you can't go bakc and add more ground to it? Again thanks for all of the info.

MDM

+Quote Post
swizz
post Aug 5 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #10

20 acres per individual claim.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
nuggetstosmall
post Aug 6 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #11

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6,834

Before dismissing people, because of who knows what and rumors. I'd give them a call. Why, well, if you cheated people like you imply how could they still be in business and continue to do business?? Theres tons of lawyers out there just looking to make money off illegal transactions. Heres a thought, I've talked with other clubs who have all tried to have a reciprocal agreement with this club and were rebuffed by these people, so does that make this club bad??

+Quote Post
CP
post Aug 6 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #12

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Modern Day Miner @ Aug 4 2010, 01:04 PM) *
I am considering buying a claim from an individual. What sort of checks should I do before pruchasing this claim? I know I should sample the claim before but what other stuff should I check for?

Thanks
MDM

QUOTE (Modern Day Miner @ Aug 4 2010, 01:33 PM) *

Hi MDM,

Buying or filing a new claim does mean you have ownership of the minerals in that claim and mining is the intent. To work as a prospector or miner for ones living you'll definately want your own yes, and one with a sweet deposit too, or you can also get a lease or joint venture agreement set up with a claim owner......claims are real property and can be bought, sold, willed, leased, traded etc.

In todays world you'll want to be very careful as there are many "larks" as Swizz said who are more than happy to file claims with only the intent of reselling. These paper filed claims are often not even marked in the field (one thing to check for) and the seller may not be willing to give up any historic production history (because there isn't any) and some won't even meet you at the claim to show it too you.
Filing only with the intent of reselling (IE no prospecting work ever done or deposit suspected, or markers erected) may not be outright illegal, it's certainly unethical and highly frowned upon by real miners/prospectors. Just because it's not illegal doesn't make it right.....that's how the moratorium got started....thanks to ski areas using mining claims to pantent ground that was never mined.
It's buyer beware sorry to say so just use caution. The seller should be happy to show you documentation requested and field markers as well as hopefully some historical production or testing results of work done.

If none of those answers come easily or ? then maybe it's a paper filed claim, they are for sale everywhere it seems.
If those answers are easily given and sound truthful to you then the paper work part is easy to verify through the BLM and county to make sure it's current and correct.

To file your own claim with some good research and the proper paper work along with the right knowledge and field work will only cost a few hundred dollars and your time.....satisfaction level will be extremely high and you'll know how the claim process begins.....also meaning you'll know where to take it next after it's your claim.
We actually have tons of information that you'll find useful around the Colorado Prospector forums on this topic, make yourself right at home and post up more questions as you have them. Swizz is correct on the 20 acre limit per claim and once filed, as you read in another thread, you can't make that claim any bigger if ammending the claim file.

Hope this info helps some.
Good luck on the claim venture, we all hope you find/file a good one. emoticon-misc-004.gif

CP

BTW-Hey nuggetstoosmall, I'm not sure what your trying to stir up in this thread but by "these people" I guess you mean Denise and myself?
We have never had any "reciprocal agreement" with other clubs. and we rebuffed? Huh? What kind of "agreement" did we "rebuff" exactly? Reading your post would lead one to think we backed out of some arranged deal.
Is this a bad club? Well time will tell won't it, it always does....we've been here since 2003 and we'll be here for a long time to come. We "work with" many many clubs, organizations and businesses all over the country as well as individual miners and prospectors.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Aug 9 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #13

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (nuggetstosmall @ Aug 6 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Before dismissing people, because of who knows what and rumors. I'd give them a call. Why, well, if you cheated people like you imply how could they still be in business and continue to do business?? Theres tons of lawyers out there just looking to make money off illegal transactions. Heres a thought, I've talked with other clubs who have all tried to have a reciprocal agreement with this club and were rebuffed by these people, so does that make this club bad??

Dude, you don't know what you're saying. Have names of clubs and their representatives, that have tried to get reciprocal agreements with CP? Nah, you don't. Because they don't exist.

Dan & Denise are among the mopst honest people I have ever known.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
CP
post Oct 13 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #14

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Time to tie up this loose end flying here..........

Thanks Coalbunny for your post here and you are correct.....the "rebuffed reciprical agreements" did not exsist!
Here we are over two months later and no details to colaberate the accusation/rumors posted about the Colorado Prospector club in this thread.
It's just lovely being bashed for trying to help others at our website who ask questions and trying to help keep them from stepping into something that's only going to be a problem for them.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Rich
post Oct 14 2010, 06:43 AM
Post #15

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 7,398

What county is it in? I'm looking into buying claim(s) in Clear Creek County. Any of you guys have claims in CCC?

Make sure the taxes are paid and there are no liens!

Rich

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:30 PM