ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Philae Deployment
CP
post Nov 14 2014, 10:42 AM
Post #16

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I would agree, quite an achievement all in all! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Seems like it was a planned "soft crash" in case such a situation occurred that both slowing rockets and harpoons did not fire. I think they said 3 soft bounces that ended it up in a shadow. Hopefully the solar panels see some sun before the batts are toast, there will be some very interesting things learned from this mission over time.

Watching the spokes people speak after the landing, I thought it was amusing how the missions "goal" was so delicately worded so as to keep public and politicians interest in the future space programs. Water is what they hope to find which will be a huge step to moving forward with our ability to further space exploration. What the end game actually is though, over coming the weight launching hurdles........once we find a good source of water out there, that will enable us to make fuel for rockets and human consumption, then in turn we can start to produce materials to build ships, stations etc for human use in space. Build it up there, then it doesn't have to be launched out of earths gravity.
Guess that means we'll be up there doing some MINING!! emoticon-misc-004.gif WOOOHOOOO! extra_happy.gif Oh shhhh! Don't say that out loud, we are after water. bop.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:48 AM