ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

I finally made it to Colorado!
ChuckD
post May 1 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 129,517

Well, I got invited to come up to a private ranch outside of Durango and do a little prospecting on the La Plata River. This guy had posted on another forum that he was looking for someone with a highbanker to come up and “profit share”. Of course, when two people with limited experience get together you both find out that there’s a lot more to this prospecting than just shoveling dirt. Anyhow, after a hard day of panning, I found a total of maybe ten “flakes” about 1/3 the size of a black pepper flake... luckily, I’m not hard to please... I consider my trip a success. Since we didn’t find a good spot, we never set up the highbanker. I told this guy about the club and that he oughta join because there’s some members that could really help him out in reading the river and telling him where to look. Of course, it’s supposed to snow tonight, so I don’t know what the next couple days will be like as far as looking for gold goes. Trying to decide if I’m gonna head back home to Texas or maybe spend a few days driving through the mountains... the scenery has been something I’ll never forget. Plus, as of yet I still haven’t been attacked by a bear... but you can bet my head was on a swivel today! And I still haven’t caught my breath.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:26 AM