ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ute pass area, Prospecting with kids
Lakota
post Oct 15 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 122,626

I have two nephews coming to visit and once saw a post about someone taking their twelve year old digging in the Ute Pass area. Is anyone willing to share a decent area for 10-14 year old around Cascade rob woodland Park? ThNk you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
nate
post Oct 16 2017, 01:48 PM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 121,949

Hi there, that may have been me. I took my nephew's 12 and 6 years old out in the spring. How far are you willing to drive? I have several locations that are great for kids. There are also some research areas on the members benefits page for club members. It is well worth the membership. Is there anything in particular you are wanting to find?

--------------------
Rock: Climb it. Dig it. Build your house upon it.

+Quote Post
Lakota
post Oct 18 2017, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (nate @ Oct 16 2017, 02:48 PM) *
Hi there, that may have been me. I took my nephew's 12 and 6 years old out in the spring. How far are you willing to drive? I have several locations that are great for kids. There are also some research areas on the members benefits page for club members. It is well worth the membership. Is there anything in particular you are wanting to find?

Thanks For replying! Don't mind how far we drive, anywhere Springs to Lake George works. We'd like to hunt for smokies and amazonite. I have looked around Green Mountain Falls, the Thomas Trail, all over Mr Esther Trail area, and opposite side of the Pass near Crystola, but I haven't found a thing! It surprises me that you find smokies and amzonite there. I have collected some in Bear creek canyon but my nephews will never make the hike. And I've collected in LG on a claim that is currently closed. any ideas would be helpful.

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Oct 18 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

I was going to suggest bear creek and 666, but I see that's out. Don't know of anywhere that isn't a bit of a hike.

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Lakota
post Oct 20 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Crusty @ Oct 18 2017, 10:19 AM) *
I was going to suggest bear creek and 666, but I see that's out. Don't know of anywhere that isn't a bit of a hike.

I do go myself in the bear creek/666 area but doubt I'd make it with two flatlands kids from Cali when they visit. Thanks though.

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Oct 21 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

I have not found my smokey/amazonite spot yet. I don't know the area around CO Springs or Woodland Park very well. I do know some of the more popular and productive areas for amazonite have lots of active claims to avoid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lakota
post Oct 23 2017, 09:31 AM
Post #7

Diggin' In!

Now that the Bear creek area has had so much trail work, and the former part of 666 down by the creek has been removed, do Prospectors bike in 667 way above the creek, until it meets 666? Then start prospecting? I used to see claim signs just off High drive and 666, don't know if it's still under claim.

+Quote Post
Lakota
post Oct 23 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #8

Diggin' In!

Now that the Bear creek area has had so much trail work, and the former part of 666 down by the creek has been removed, do Prospectors bike in 667 way above the creek, until it meets 666? Then start prospecting? I used to see claim signs just off High drive and 666, don't know if it's still under claim.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:40 PM