ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Taxing Unpatented Mining Claims, Fremont County sending out Real Property Notice of Valuations
Denise
post Jun 14 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #16

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Excelent news and good job asserting your rights and knowledge!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

smiley-clapping.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 14 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #17

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

Mrs. CP,

Thanks for the acknowledgement but I could not have done this without those CP members that responded to this post with advice as quickly as they did, along with the assistance of the Royal Gorge Field Office BLM staff. Take my word on this, if I had to engage a lawyer and accountant to respond within the legal timelines allowed, I would have spent a LOT of money on this matter.

This is good news for all of us. I am glad that ColoradoProspector.com is here to share of this information. I am certain it will help someone else in the future since there are 64 counties in Colorado that are looking for revenue streams.

ASTROBLEME

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jun 22 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,983

This is the best news possible and thank you for the update! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
It's people like you Astro and folk here at CP who are making a huge difference when BS like this tries to pass! smileyflag.gif worthy.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Clay Diggins
post Nov 21 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #19

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 118,169

The mining claim is not being taxed. As others have pointed out that would be contrary to the organic founding documents for Colorado Territory and State as well as Federal law.

Taxes can be applied to the proceeds from mining.

Here is the original Supreme Court case from 1876 explaining the difference:
Forbes v. Gracey

Here is an important Colorado case dealing with the same issues, the State and Federal Supreme Courts were both involved.
GEORGE R. ELDER, Successor in Interest to Samuel McMillen, Deceased; Alice J. McCombe, Administratrix of John McCombe, Deceased; and Rowena E. McCombe, by Alice J. McCombe, Her Next Friend, Plffs. in Err.,
v.
TINGLEY S. WOOD, Impleaded with Mary M. Bullard, Anna L. Finnerty, and Cecelia L. Wahrer, Defts. in Err.

That should clear up any misunderstanding for you and the County Tax Assessor.

+Quote Post
CP
post Nov 27 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #20

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Thanks for your help with info, but this issue was resolved successfully as stated above back then, by the claim owner with our help here some two and half years ago.

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jun 14 2012, 06:04 PM) *
Mrs. CP,

Thanks for the acknowledgement but I could not have done this without those CP members that responded to this post with advice as quickly as they did, along with the assistance of the Royal Gorge Field Office BLM staff. Take my word on this, if I had to engage a lawyer and accountant to respond within the legal timelines allowed, I would have spent a LOT of money on this matter.

This is good news for all of us. I am glad that ColoradoProspector.com is here to share of this information. I am certain it will help someone else in the future since there are 64 counties in Colorado that are looking for revenue streams.

ASTROBLEME

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:10 AM