ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

London Mine, gold ore samples
CP
post Nov 17 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Recently I got a couple samples of London mine gold ore from Astrobleme which I finally got soaked and rinsed through a muriatic or hydrochloric cleaning dip.

Two different samples one of which is slabbed and the other is still uncut or raw as would be found.
First, here is a before cleaning pic of the raw sample that is not slabbed yet

Attached Image

After the cleaning dip. I think it showed a big difference after the iron/rusting stains were removed......Looks like it has several metals involved with this teluride veining....gold, silver, pyrite/galena and or lead? Johnny can confirm more on that too...... Looks good though, I may have to slice this one up to see what can be done with it also. chores041.gif
Attached Image

Sample 2 which I did slab was very heavy with metal veining..... however I didn't get a before pic on these so after cleaning this is what they look like.
Actually not as much difference on these since that sample had what seemed like much more of the silver, pyrite veins. Solid looking though and hopefully I can work something out of one or two that's stable. happy088.gif

Attached Image

Thank you for the samples Johnny, very interesting pieces and associated history of origin! signs021.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:53 PM