ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mt. Antero
amethystguy
post Aug 4 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #16

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,819

Thats what that blue wall you and dick found is made of..nice blue nodules or clots..bring a prybar with you and look for that peg!

--------------------
Amethystguy cometh and the amethystguy taketh away
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denise
post Aug 5 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #17

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Great info! Sounds like you guys have a great adventure ahead of you. happy088.gif
With the tool supply list, dont forget the goggles to go with that prybar, and be sure to pack that snow shovel to help warm you up before you get to shovel dirt....hehe

Take care and stay safe out there. We look forward to an update on your trip.

Denise

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
mikeybrew
post Aug 5 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #18

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6,927

QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Aug 5 2009, 09:35 AM) *
Great info! Sounds like you guys have a great adventure ahead of you. happy088.gif
With the tool supply list, dont forget the goggles to go with that prybar, and be sure to pack that snow shovel to help warm you up before you get to shovel dirt....hehe

Take care and stay safe out there. We look forward to an update on your trip.

Denise

No worries, I ALWAYS wear goggles or well shielded safety glasses when digging/breaking rock. No sense in losing an eye! Should be a fun trip up on the mountain tomorrow, I'm very much looking forward to it. I'll try to post some pics when we get back!

+Quote Post
tbeerprospector
post Aug 14 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #19

Observer

Member No.: 6,885

smiley-laughing021.gif

wow that amguy cracks me up !!!

smiley-laughing021.gif

lets see if his tune changes once he experiences Antero .
he talks a good one

Aquamarines are common in colorado , granted you know where to look, I often visit many Aqua hotspots , and every one is under 9000 feet , which means I can mine for more than 3 months a year ... unlike Antero where its 14,000 feet and the odds are for the smaller crystals (spagetti noodle sized)...

im talking about 5 foot aquas , but whatever floats your boat

+Quote Post
CP
post Aug 14 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #20

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

Hello tbeerprospector a.k.a. bennie,

Yes we know it's you bennie. Too bad but no one wants to play with you today. rolleyes.gif We do not appreciate your button pushing with multiple user names here either. Your account(s) has been suspended.

Continued prospectors discussions......... sorry for the rude interuption everyone.
emoticon-misc-004.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Aug 16 2009, 06:42 AM
Post #21

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,819

5 foot aquas..what are you talking about dude...anybody can talk a big game but you have to back it up..I wonder how you found these "5 foot aquas" but i have not seen them at the Denver show, the min. rec., or heard pete Modreski mention them..oh well..you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk..
Mikey I heard and saw pics of you and Dick's trip to the blue wall..didn't pan out as we all hoped..you need to keep at it..still have a month or two of good collecting time

--------------------
Amethystguy cometh and the amethystguy taketh away

+Quote Post
mikeybrew
post Aug 18 2009, 08:42 PM
Post #22

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (amethystguy @ Aug 16 2009, 07:42 AM) *
5 foot aquas..what are you talking about dude...anybody can talk a big game but you have to back it up..I wonder how you found these "5 foot aquas" but i have not seen them at the Denver show, the min. rec., or heard pete Modreski mention them..oh well..you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk..
Mikey I heard and saw pics of you and Dick's trip to the blue wall..didn't pan out as we all hoped..you need to keep at it..still have a month or two of good collecting time

Yeah, the prospective claim area didn't seem to have any real crystallized aqua. There was plenty of rock with blue in it, but the granite seemed to be more gray than the classic Antero white. I think maybe it was a bit too low on the mountain. The blue wall was indeed pretty to see, and I would still be interested to see if anything turned up if you broke it up a bit, but I didn't want to do that without Dicky there (I was up by myself at the time). Still had a great time on the mountain, picked up a couple small aqua crystals over in the old California Mine tailings, and loaded a few nice big "yard" rocks into the back of my jeep. Wanted to poke around the top of Antero some, as it was snowed over on my prior trip, but the stormy weather kept me away this time. As they say, I'll be back! If anyone ever wants to take a trip up, I'd be happy to provide a ride up!

+Quote Post
mikeybrew
post Aug 29 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #23

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (mikeybrew @ Aug 18 2009, 09:42 PM) *
Yeah, the prospective claim area didn't seem to have any real crystallized aqua. There was plenty of rock with blue in it, but the granite seemed to be more gray than the classic Antero white. I think maybe it was a bit too low on the mountain. The blue wall was indeed pretty to see, and I would still be interested to see if anything turned up if you broke it up a bit, but I didn't want to do that without Dicky there (I was up by myself at the time). Still had a great time on the mountain, picked up a couple small aqua crystals over in the old California Mine tailings, and loaded a few nice big "yard" rocks into the back of my jeep. Wanted to poke around the top of Antero some, as it was snowed over on my prior trip, but the stormy weather kept me away this time. As they say, I'll be back! If anyone ever wants to take a trip up, I'd be happy to provide a ride up!

Looks like I'll be taking the intrepid trip up Antero again in a week or so, thinking maybe the Tuesday after Labor Day. Has anyone here been up this year, any reports on whether the "road" is any better/worse?

+Quote Post
CP
post Sep 1 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #24

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

I haven't been up there this year but I'd expect the road is still rough as ever. Good luck up there when you go and we'd all love to see and hear about the finds/trip later too.
Hopefully the weather holds out for you on this trip too.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
marntson
post Sep 4 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #25

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6,960

any solid plans yet on the date? i would love to join up might try and take a day off.

+Quote Post
mikeybrew
post Sep 5 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #26

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (marntson @ Sep 4 2010, 11:12 PM) *
any solid plans yet on the date? i would love to join up might try and take a day off.

Well, I'm definitely going to spend a couple days digging Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, that's probably way short notice though. Right now, probably planning on hitting the Tarryalls to do some topaz digging, and maybe hitting one of the amazonite areas or something else out that way. Might still be enticed to do Antero though....

+Quote Post
marntson
post Sep 7 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #27

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6,960

Mikey, you out digging antero or the tarryalls? I have done my fair share of digging topaz as well. You on private claims or NF? It looks like I could take tomorrow off and meet up with you if you get this and want a fellow boulder mover. Send you a PM with contact info, if we cant pull it off this time we should try to set on up for the future.

+Quote Post
dlackmond
post Jul 13 2011, 04:52 AM
Post #28

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6,240

Antero aas usual is taking her toll. I ahve assisted two stuck soles , both went just a week or so early. I do know of many who have made it sence then tho. I will be doing a visit about 3 weeks from now , Per chance does anyone know the owner of the california patent claim ?

--------------------
DICKY the ROCKHUNTER

+Quote Post
chrisso
post Aug 14 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #29

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 26,460

Wow COOL book. Hey you guys- I just re-filed the claim on a 600 foot across hexagonal volcano core my family has been taking aqua out of for 90 years or so. Please see my post under gemstone finds. Lookin for minin' partners.

Anybody tired of traipsing around at 14000 feet instead of a registered claim at 9000? Lemme know. A ways from Antero but almost surely from the same magma supply. Maybe just haul it out on railroad cars to a mill, I'm thinking, mostly. I'd like to assay the wash and core sample the formation this year. Maybe make the creek flow across the top of the formation... i dunno. Anyone want to be minin partners?

Chris

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
chrisso
post Aug 14 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #30

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 26,460

QUOTE (chrisso @ Aug 14 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Wow COOL book. Hey you guys- I just re-filed the claim on a 600 foot across hexagonal volcano core my family has been taking aqua out of for 90 years or so. Please see my post under gemstone finds. Lookin for minin' partners.

Anybody tired of traipsing around at 14000 feet instead of a registered claim at 9000? Lemme know. A ways from Antero but almost surely from the same magma supply. Maybe just haul it out on railroad cars to a mill, I'm thinking, mostly. I'd like to assay the wash and core sample the formation this year. Maybe make the creek flow across the top of the formation... i dunno. Anyone want to be minin partners?

Chris

I extended the claim a little so that it goes to private property on the bottom. If you come off either trail to the east, you're on the claim.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:17 AM