ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Prospectors TV Show, Weather Channel
OklaPony
post Apr 20 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #16

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,289

QUOTE (russau @ Apr 17 2013, 05:11 PM) *
the show came back on last night! 3 episodes. the second episode "the mountian shakes" steve broncato was complaining that his Hilti hammer drills battery wasnt holding a charge, maybe he should have checked the rotation of that drill!!!!!!!!!!! he was useing it backwards. if you watched the show, the bit was spiraling down and it should have been spiraling up for the correct rotation! so much for efficiency!

That may have just been an optical illusion due to the frame rate of the video vs. the action of the drill. That's a pretty common phenomenon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Apr 21 2013, 06:23 AM
Post #17

russau

Member No.: 43

yep it could be, but with him complaining about the depth of the holes and the batteries not lasting long tells me differently. oh well! he did get the job done anyway!hes a hard worker.

+Quote Post
leonard
post Apr 21 2013, 07:29 AM
Post #18

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (russau @ Apr 21 2013, 06:23 AM) *
yep it could be, but with him complaining about the depth of the holes and the batteries not lasting long tells me differently. oh well! he did get the job done anyway!hes a hard worker.

Since when did altitude start bothering batteries? Thats a new one on me.
Leonard

+Quote Post
russau
post Apr 22 2013, 05:21 AM
Post #19

russau

Member No.: 43

well Leonard, it has bothered my ole batteries for some time now! i have a hard time getting going when up that high or higher!!esspecially when im out with you!:):):)

+Quote Post
Woody
post Apr 22 2013, 09:27 PM
Post #20

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 15,615

It looks like there is a new prospecting series on TV. It is called, “Ice Cold Gold” and I am watching it now. Oddly enough it is on animal planet, Channel 282 at my house. Not sure how they came together as I missed the first 15 minutes or so but it is a group of 8 men who team up and go on an excursion to the Island of Storo, Greenland. From what I have seen so far there is good and bad.

Bad;
Drama, Drama, Drama. I know this is only the first or “pilot” episode, but it has mostly covered the logistic headaches of setting up the trip. At one point it almost looked liked Survivor. Some of these guys have never even spent a night outdoors before.

Good;
There is little snippets from future endeavors that show real prospecting. So maybe a person can learn something from it. They are prospecting for gold and gems, so I get to learn what types of Gems come from Greenland. Some of the prospecting they are doing is with metal detectors so that is a new aspect. I also like the fact that these guys are really ruffin’ it. No comforts of home here.

The episode ended with some nice looking minerals they were looking at. New episodes air weekly on Sundays at 10PM. Guess I’ll have to check out the next one. Woody

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member
(currently working hard in the procurement department)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:09 AM