ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rocks in Pueblo
Jess
post Mar 9 2017, 01:23 PM
Post #1

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 127,915

Hi, my Mom recently moved to Pueblo after being on the East coast her whole life, and she found some cool looking rocks in her yard. I'm hoping someone might have an idea of what they are so I can tell her?
Thanks for any help!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Mar 9 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Welcome to the forums Jess! sign0016.gif

The pink one at the top looks like rose quartz. The round one next to it is hard to tell but if it is as green as the picture shows then it likely has epidote in it (green parts).

All the other pieces shown that are glassy looking and layered look like "slag" from steel smelting. Pueblo was built on steel production. You are likely to find these around town.

Hope this helps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jess
post Mar 10 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #3

Observer

Member No.: 127,915

That's very interesting, thank you! I thought some of it looked like slag glass but I didn't know the town's history, and I wasn't sure having not seen it in person. I will pass along this info :)

QUOTE (MikeS @ Mar 9 2017, 09:04 PM) *
Welcome to the forums Jess! sign0016.gif

The pink one at the top looks like rose quartz. The round one next to it is hard to tell but if it is as green as the picture shows then it likely has epidote in it (green parts).

All the other pieces shown that are glassy looking and layered look like "slag" from steel smelting. Pueblo was built on steel production. You are likely to find these around town.

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:09 PM