ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GOLD MINING CLAIM near Fairplay Colorado FOR SALE, High Grade Ore Stockpile from London Mine and Placer Grounds
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 5 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

NOTICE:

Due to the high grade nature of the gold ore stockpiled on this claim,the area is patrolled and monitored. This Federal Mining Claim is located, recorded, and maintained in accordance with 43 C.F.R. Part 3800 and 30 U.S.C. 22 et seq.; 43 U.S.C. 1744 and all appropriate state laws. All persons are warned that disturbance of the monuments, surface, or improvements on this claim or removal of minerals of any type without permission of the claimant(s), will result in their prosecution under the appropriate state and federal statutes.

HISTORY:

The London Mine Group was developed on pollymetallic quartz veins associated with the Great London Fault. According to documentation by Singewald and Butler (1941) the ore mined between 1895 and 1910 averaged 2.895 opt gold, 2.858 opt silver, 4.13 % lead, 2.66 % zinc, 4.85 % iron, 6.11 % sulfur, and 76.8 % silicon. The most recent reports published by the Colorado Geological Survey state that remaining mine and stockpile resources range from 0.10 to 0.41 opt gold having a weighted average of 0.19 opt gold. Most of the Tonko #1 CMC289770 mining claim was formerly known as the Jewett #1 CMC94664 and the Jewett #2 CMC94665 mining claims that were held by London Mine Venture from 1935 through 1991. The stockpile on Tonko #1 was estimated by Behre Dolbear & Company, Inc. in a report dated March of 1985 to contain 172,000 tons of gold ore!

MINING CLAIM MAP:

Attached Image

GOOGLE EARTH VIEW OF CLAIM:

Attached Image

HIGH GRADE SORTING OF ORE:

This photo shows the limited number of employees hand sorting out the exceptionally high grade ore being transported from the mine. Only the highest grades of visible gold ore were hand picked off of the conveyor belt and shipped out for processing. The mine had taken out all processing equipment after World War I due to high taxation. The gold ore stockpile was created by using a small mining train that traveled about 1/4 mile uphill from the sorting facility and dumped along the mountainside for future processing. The round-trip for stockpiling was about 1/2 mile and the volume of ore that was stored now looms over the local area. Since the hand sorting crew wore thick gloves and the speed of the conveyor belt moved exceptional specimens right past the sorting crew, substantial volumes of exceptionally high grade ore was subsequently transported out to the stockpile.

Attached Image

STOCKPILE PHOTO:

Attached Image

President of Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GoldenSilva
post Jan 6 2018, 02:15 AM
Post #2

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 138,098

How much is this Claim? Also, do you know of more claims for sale other than this one?

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 6 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

The most recent gold mining activity near Fairplay is netting that owner 20% of the gold found on his claim. Following that percentage, a buyer for the Tonko #1 should be willing to negotiate for a multi-million dollar deal.

President of Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 6 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Wow, another amazing Tonko claim. Good luck with your sale!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 10 2018, 11:52 AM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

In 2001, the Colorado Geological Survey published this information in their Resource Series 40. I've highlighted the section referencing the gold ore reserves in yellow.

Attached Image

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 10 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #6

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Was great to finally meet the infamous Johnny Tonko! Thanks for stopping by to chat! Those ore samples were amazing!! smiley-shocked003.gif

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 10 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #7

Rock Bar!

For further consideration in this matter, the "Misantoni" that is quoted by the Colorado Geological Survey publication above is Mr. Dean Misantoni, PG. He is presently the Qualified Professional overseeing geology and development of mineral and water resources at London Mine. That is the mining property that is adjacent to the gold ore that is stockpiled on Tonko #1 Placer Mining Claim. Here's a link...

MineWater LLC

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Guest_dino27_*
post Jan 11 2018, 10:46 AM
Post #8

Guests

please see table of bulk sampling results from Behre Dolbear report-
note that the 172,000t east extension waste dump (= Tonko claim) is too low grade (0.055 opt Au) to have made the > 0.10 opt Au
cutoff I state in the other report of mine he posted. It is not part of that reserve. The gold recoveries on ore below 0.1 opt Au go below 50%
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 11 2018, 11:32 AM
Post #9

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (dino27 @ Jan 11 2018, 09:46 AM) *
please see table of bulk sampling results from Behre Dolbear report-
note that the 172,000t east extension waste dump (= Tonko claim) is too low grade (0.055 opt Au) to have made the > 0.10 opt Au
cutoff I state in the other report of mine he posted. It is not part of that reserve. The gold recoveries on ore below 0.1 opt Au go below 50%

That is the same out-of-date information that your group attempted to use for driving down the value of the mining claim lease they were offering me last September.

Anyone having questions, please contact me directly at;

President, Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 11 2018, 12:01 PM
Post #10

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Dean, do not enter this community trying to cause problems....I'm not in the mood for it right now!
Please cease causing trouble or you will be removed from the forum.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 11 2018, 12:04 PM
Post #11

Rock Bar!

Having owned and worked on this claim since February of 2003, I certainly have much newer information.

Thank you Denise. My family certainly appreciates your concerns for fairness in this community.

Sincerely,

Johnny Tonko

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Guest_dino27_*
post Jan 11 2018, 12:19 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jan 11 2018, 11:04 AM) *
Having owned and worked on this claim since February of 2003, I certainly have much newer information.

Thank you Denise. My family certainly appreciates your concerns for fairness in this community.

Sincerely,

Johnny Tonko

I am all done- said what I need, kindly delete me-
Dean M.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 11 2018, 12:47 PM
Post #13

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

My pleasure Dean!

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 11 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #14

Rock Bar!

I had some requests for pics so I'm sharing them here.

Here's a photo looking west towards the distant London Mine property from about midway along the top of the stockpile.

Attached Image

This is a view looking down at the ore while standing there on top of the stockpile.

Attached Image

A view looking down from the top of the stockpile. My white 4X4 Titan is parked on the claim where Park County Road 696 meets up with USFS Road 696. Park County does road maintenance up to this junction.

Attached Image

As you can see, this is a very large stockpile! I've only been told recently by the adjacent mine interests that this is the 172,000 ton pile mentioned in the report above. At this point, I'm not convinced that interpretation is correct. To me, the stockpile looks much larger than what's being rumored.

Please continue to contact me at the link below.

Sincerely,

Johnny Tonko, President of Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
GeoMatt
post Jan 11 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #15

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 117,968

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jan 11 2018, 12:04 PM) *

Sincerely,

Johnny Tonko

Fairness means that all have input, and can be heard. Not that people are chastised or silenced when contradicting information or opinions are presented. Good luck with your attempt to sell, but honestly I chuckled at your notion of the valuation.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
10 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:38 AM