ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mt. Antero
swizz
post Sep 30 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

... another thought.... maybe there is face-recognition image software available out there that could render potential matches based on archived (cloud) internet images.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Oct 1 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #62

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 41,357

Chris, you are starting to get scary!

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
World Traveler, 7 Continent Walker
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER
Referral Code: SE2104

+Quote Post
swizz
post Oct 1 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #63

nyahaha.... just wait til yer a claim owner. ph34r.gif it's a whole new brand of crazy.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Oct 1 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #64

Master Mucker!

I fully understand! Caught some black powder hunters here on the property during the season - no, they were not property owners, and did not have permission from any, and they insisted that my property was BLM! There's no BLM on Bull Domingo Ranch, and there hasn't been for at least 18 years. They left....... after I got nasty. I got their plates, reported them, but all I got was "We have to catch them in the act....." atomic.gif What the heck?

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Oct 1 2014, 11:51 AM
Post #65

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

They where either lying, or they where lost w/ actual blm leased land nearby. I'm leaning towards B.S though.

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Oct 1 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #66

Master Mucker!

They had no clue. There is BLM - 3 miles away, but to access it, you have to go down Oak Creek Grade (unless you have permission from a property owner to access the common area). They thought that since their maps showed BLM where my land sits, they had the right to access it even though it was totally enclosed by private property (which they need permission to cross, plus permission from a property owner to be on the ranch in the first place). They even started to threaten me, but the older gentleman backed the younger ones down. Once he understood that there was no BLM, that was it, though it took several minutes to get to that point. I directed them to the SWA (several miles down the road), and informed them that the parking area to that was also on private land, and that they needed written permission to use it (but they could park on the side of the public road that ran by it, and hop the fence.) He apologized, but the younger guys just gave me very dirty looks. Next time, well, I hope there's no next time. I now have numbers for a few locals on the ranch who are VERY persuasive, and scary to boot!

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER

+Quote Post
traddoerr
post Oct 1 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #67

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 13,932

QUOTE (Caveman @ Oct 1 2014, 12:46 PM) *
I fully understand! Caught some black powder hunters here on the property during the season - no, they were not property owners, and did not have permission from any, and they insisted that my property was BLM! There's no BLM on Bull Domingo Ranch, and there hasn't been for at least 18 years. They left....... after I got nasty. I got their plates, reported them, but all I got was "We have to catch them in the act....." atomic.gif What the heck?

Caveman, video them next time, it's Dumb a---- like these guys that end up shooting your home or worse. Hopefully there won't be a next time.

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Oct 1 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #68

Master Mucker!

I was more worried about my dogs.... I didn't know they were there (I knew something was up, 'cause the horses were looking that way) until Molly started woofing at one of them and I heard him cursing. Then I saw the smoke pole..... realized they were hunting (right off the pasture fence, something they are supposed to be 100 yards away from - active pasture), and confronted them. One - I don't hunt this property (a promise I made Karen), nor do I allow anyone else to. They said right back that I had no say as it was BLM. Then it got ugly.... and I had to get Molly back to the house (before she bit one of them) and go back out to them - I should have made those phone calls first. I mean, what the heck - a cabin, out-buildings, a solar/wind station, and an active, fenced-off pasture with horses on BLM???? ANYONE WITH A LICK OF COMMON SENSE..... well, outta staters with old maps just seem to think they have the right. The old guy did cool their jets pretty quick when they started puffing up to commence kicking my butt.... Glad he had a brain, and started listening. They got their info from a friend of a friend... you know how that goes. They didn't even have their info right - my property was not even marked as BLM on their map - they were just going on someone's word. Last time I confront someone alone and unarmed.... They are lucky it was me - there are some really nasty, unfriendly property owners out here, and it would have gotten really ugly - for them - if they had run into one of those guys.

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER

+Quote Post
AirBreather
post Oct 4 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #69

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 116,986

Excuse me and forgive my ignorance but several of the photos on Antaro look like innocent hikers.. My understanding is, that if your claim is on public land, you cannot stop people from hunting, camping or hiking. All the claimant has is the mineral tights on public land, if a hiker has NO prospecting gear, there's not a thing you can do....

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Oct 5 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #70

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

QUOTE (AirBreather @ Oct 4 2014, 12:31 PM) *
Excuse me and forgive my ignorance but several of the photos on Antaro look like innocent hikers.. My understanding is, that if your claim is on public land, you cannot stop people from hunting, camping or hiking. All the claimant has is the mineral tights on public land, if a hiker has NO prospecting gear, there's not a thing you can do....

The areas that Marine mentioned seem to be private lands, not public lands. It looks like he is after trespassers as opposed to mineral trespassers or maybe both. If those areas were mineral claims on public lands you would be correct except the prospecting gear would have nothing to do with it. Someone can steal minerals from a claim with just their hands, and just because they have prospecting gear doesn't mean they are stealing. I sometimes look at others claims to see where the boundaries are and what they are digging into while I have prospecting equip with me, but I only look and never dig or remove any rocks or minerals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Oct 5 2014, 12:51 AM
Post #71

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Welcome aboard AirBreather!
It appears you have an interest in mining rights and laws. You came to the right place! There is lots of info here dealing with your question and much much more.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
CP_Member.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Oct 5 2014, 07:39 AM
Post #72

Master Mucker!

He brings up a valid question. What exactly are the laws concerning claimed blm land as far as trespassing? Is there a thread that someone can direct us to? This is good info to know in case someone decides to or already owns a claim.

I was always under the assumption that "claimed" land should be treated as private land. No trespassing, no hunting, and of course, no prospecting. Did I assume wrong?

+Quote Post
russau
post Oct 5 2014, 07:44 AM
Post #73

russau

Member No.: 43

Ive been corrected for this before , so im just passing this along........there is NO BLM land , Forest Service land! its all public land just that its managed by one of these agencies don't make it theirs. but they think so!

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Oct 5 2014, 07:48 AM
Post #74

Master Mucker!

Thank you Russau! I'll correct myself next time!

+Quote Post
swizz
post Oct 5 2014, 08:58 AM
Post #75

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Oct 5 2014, 07:39 AM) *
I was always under the assumption that "claimed" land should be treated as private land. No trespassing, no hunting, and of course, no prospecting. Did I assume wrong?

You assumed wrong. Recreational users may use claimed BLM and NFS managed lands for recreational purposes as long as they are not interfering with mining operations. Hunters may not hunt or fire within 1/4 mile of someone working their claim. I don't discourage hunting or recreational use on my claims as long as they are playing by the rules of law and respecting my operation.
The people in the pics posted in this thread were not only on active claims.... but also privately owned property and/or likely patented claims. Neither is open to entry for recreational use. The owner says it is well posted, but that doesn't even matter, not required by law. People should be doing their due diligence of land status research prior to going out and digging or recreationally playing on someone's private property. I don't know what they were doing? I see a 5 gal bucket in the pics and I'm assuming the claim owner has evidence of digging or mineral loss/damage... regardless, they were trespassing on private property. Mineral trespass if they were rockhounding.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
14 User(s) are reading this topic (14 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:01 AM