ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hard working FT miner seeking spot on mining crew/expedition in Colorado
Kejick
post Mar 11 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 127,975

I'm a prospector, explorer and adventurer living in Colorado Springs, CO. I've worn a lot of different hats over the years, i've spent a lot of time working in emergency medicine/rescue/fire fighting/search & rescue, worked as a professional ski instructor for over a decade, owned a few small businesses, etc. Most recently I worked for REI for a number of years until I moved to COS and the job I was promised was cut due to budget cuts, and since then I have a small handyman/landscaping business and I buy/sell/trade high end outdoors gear & cool stuff.

And that kind of leads to the here and now; I'm looking for a place on a gem mining crew this season in Colorado, preferably on an established claim with the claim owners/crew, but also open to exploratory expeditions on unclaimed land aswell if there are any crew/expedition openings. I currently live in the Colorado Springs area, but am open to spending a week, month or even potentially the entire season of 2017 living in camp & mining on the claim in the back country.

I have experience in gold mining but while I know the fundamentals I do still have much to learn in gemstone mining. However I am a fast learner, and keen to see things others don't see. I have my own backpacking & camping gear, my own hand tools and am ready to begin as soon as it's warm enough & safe enough.

Some of What I have to bring to the table:
Safety Officer; Retired Wilderness EMT, ret. EMT, ret. OECT, ret. Firefighter, ret. Ski Patrol, ret. Search & Rescue, Etc. Access dangers, and work to maintain a safe mining environment, and the health & well-being of crew-members.
Wilderness Guide
Experienced/Expert Outdoorsman
Experienced/Expert Expedition/Outdoors Clothing/Gear Outfitter (I can help to outfit your crew in all the right gear to keep them safe, dry and comfortable on the mountain)
Experienced Back Country Chef that can cook all kinds of great meals, and can cater to dietary requirements, such as Vegetarians/Vegan, Gluten Free, Organic and of course Steak & Potatoes etc.
Hard Working, Motivated, Honest Individual & Miner
Caver
Rescue Climber/Static Line Climbing/Rappelling
Navigator GPS & Map/Compass
Historian & Researcher
CO Resident
Plus a vast array of skills & experience I can contribute!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Mar 12 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Welcome to the forums Kejick! sign0016.gif

You came to the right place to further your understanding and skills for prospecting and mining.

There is mountains of great info here on the forums to learn from. I recommend looking at a club membership as well.
Club members like to get together in the field for prospecting and a few of us invite club members to our claims when we can.
Gold, crystals and gemstones are always on the radar. I have a claim that produces good crystal specimens and I will be inviting my fellow club members up to the claim before Memorial weekend. We have already met up several times this year for gold and crystals.

Your outdoor skills and gear should come in real handy for your prospecting adventures.

Hope to see you out there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kejick
post Mar 12 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 127,975

QUOTE (MikeS @ Mar 12 2017, 11:13 AM) *
Welcome to the forums Kejick! sign0016.gif

You came to the right place to further your understanding and skills for prospecting and mining.

There is mountains of great info here on the forums to learn from. I recommend looking at a club membership as well.
Club members like to get together in the field for prospecting and a few of us invite club members to our claims when we can.
Gold, crystals and gemstones are always on the radar. I have a claim that produces good crystal specimens and I will be inviting my fellow club members up to the claim before Memorial weekend. We have already met up several times this year for gold and crystals.

Your outdoor skills and gear should come in real handy for your prospecting adventures.

Hope to see you out there!

Thanks for the warm welcome MikeS! I'll plan on looking into membership when I can afford to, but at the moment funds are really tight, and I just can't afford to ATM. Looks like a great community on here!

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Mar 12 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Welcome, with all those skills it seems like someone could use you on their crew! Good luck!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:01 PM