ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Question: "Hand Carried" Term
swizz
post Feb 3 2010, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

This is probably a dumb question but..... if I have a backpack full of "prospecting equipment" it IS considered "Hand Carried", correct?
No wheels, no skis, no pack animal (except for my pony-sized dog), right? (just guessing)
There's probably a legal clarification of the term here somewhere that I haven't stumbled across yet.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CP
post Feb 3 2010, 04:07 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Swizz,

No way is that a dumb question. The only dumb question is the one that is not asked. biggrin.gif
Yep, all you described is still hand carried even if Lulu was a full size mule. wink.gif

You bet there is a quote here for you and it can be found in the thread titled "FSM-Prospecting/Mineral Collecting, 2860 & 2861" right here in the Prospecting and Mining Laws, Regulations etc. section.
Specifically you're looking for 2861.2 which is a bit down in the quote and bold texted.

The FSM or forest service manual goes along with the forest service handbook (FSH), and each FS employee is bound by them according to law in regards to how they perform their job.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 3 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,983

Myself and my pony-dog thank you sir.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
russau
post Feb 4 2010, 08:24 AM
Post #4

russau

Member No.: 43

these employees of ours (FS,BLM) are bound to do their jobs according to the rules,guidelines in these books. if they venture out of these guidelines and influx their beleifs/wants/wacoenviromental stuff, then they have violated that departments giudelines and therfore have moved themselves outside the umbrella of legal protection for that agency. now they cant use our $$$ for their defense from their agencys lawyers. know what your doing and what the law says,as applied to you activitys. and have a witness to your and others actions/comments. if you have a confortation with any gubermint agency employee. get all the facts/names/phone numbers and write them down as soon as possible so you wont forget them. youll need them IF you have to defend yourself in court. lots of greenies were hired during the slick willy addministration through the then sec. of the interior ole babbleing bruce babbit.and thats when our troubles started! they like to slant their veiws on us and they try to make it sound official. but they dont know the law! and some of us(including me) dont know enough of it!

+Quote Post
CP
post Feb 4 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #5

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

You are very welcome Swizz and tell Lulu we meant no offense, she's the best looking "pony-dog" I've ever seen. happy088.gif

Russ, if you end up in court, all that information would be on the citation they wrote........that is IF they find you were actually breaking a law and IF they write a citation. IF they do and your in court, that's when the law on paper (and your own knowledge) will be best used. Until then, know the laws yourself and stay in them, it's not our job to educate them all in the field via confrontations.

IF is a big word........best to find out IF it's true or not for one's self. happy088.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
russau
post Feb 5 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #6

russau

Member No.: 43

so true!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:48 PM