ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rogue River Ennis Riffle
Mineral Estate G...
post Aug 2 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,851

Did we get accosted by anyone? No. Did we find any gold? Yes. Just haven’t done the final cleanup yet to say how much.

We got a way later start then planned. Once we got to the river, we encounter the Hell Gate boats were running the channel we were going to work along side…making huge waves and really clouding the water.
Didn’t know their schedule, wasn’t sure how many more boats they were going to be running, so we waited a bit. Than the Sheriff Patrol boat went racing through going down river…didn’t know when it was coming back through. Don't want to be anywhere close to the channel with those power boats coming and going.

We pulled out and went to Galice for a short time then headed back to Ennis. One of the others that was going to be working in that area of the river with us had just arrived. Got to looking over the area, pick our spots and got to unloading and setting up when the Sheriff patrol boat went racing back up river…didn’t appear he even looked our way.

We were in the water 3-4 hours I’m thinking…time we got in, set up and working and time we stopped to load up. The workings with my ‘Mineral Exploration Machine’ ended up something like 5-6 feet wide by about 13-14 feet long, working through about 2-3 feet of overburden…some pretty big rocks…just barely manageable. We got into some very nice looking stuff toward the end. We were working from just off shore a bit (probably 12 or so feet out) moving toward the channel.

Will try and get some pics posted later.

Oh, was told by someone working with a 2, there was a 3, 4, and a 5 there in the same general area last weekend.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mineral Estate G...
post Aug 2 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

I would like to add to this by saying the absents of any agency employe engaging/accosting us may be due to the local Sheriff (Gil Gilberson) being true to his word where he has stated he sent a memo to his deputies, the local BLM and Forest Service there was to be no interference with the miners…something to that effect.

Oh, and Sheriff Gilberson is said to be coming to this Friday's (08/06) SWOMA (Southwest Oregon Miners Association) meeting at Pottsville.

+Quote Post
Mineral Estate G...
post Aug 4 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Must say I’m a little embarrassed after clean-up. Believing I was going to find my pan to show at least 4 penny weight for the work period, then to only come up with about a penny weight…ho-hum. Its been a bit for me to get my machine adjusted just right, and that I like to hog doesn’t help either. So, today back to where we left off in the water Sunday. I reduced the angle on the box, ran the engine about half throttle instead of three quarter, and didn’t try and hog…so much. Voila!! It’s only took me about 8 years to learn this machines characteristics…what the heck. Well, not as much material moved, but I certainly see a big difference in what is being trapped now. And, for the same period of running time, the engine used half the fuel as before. So, it appears to be a ++. Should have a tally on the clean-up sometime tomorrow.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:44 PM