ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
State Mining Permits, Lets compare them.
Denise
post Mar 20 2005, 08:05 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

We were requested to put this thread up so we can compare different states regulations.
Post your states permit/application....... Or a link to it here.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Mar 21 2005, 11:16 AM
Post #2

russau

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

most of missouri is privately owned. so written permission is needed. then when dredgeing in state waters you need a permit from the corp of enginerrs CWA section 404. the C.O.E. handels the permitting proccess for the EPA. all navigatable waters up to the highwater mark and its tributaries and all wetlands are included. everytime you move your location, you need to have this permitt modified through the C.O.E. most creeks you only need the owners permission to access these creeks.

+Quote Post
CP
post Mar 22 2005, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

Thanks Russ!

We also got a few responses via email which I'll post in this thread with their states information.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
CP
post Mar 22 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

From a WYOMING miner.....
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post Mar 22 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #5

Master Mucker!

From a KANSAS miner.....

We do not have a dredge permit or dredge season here in Kansas.
We do not have BLM,FS or anyother public lands here as far as fed. gov. goes. We do have some state lakes that are run by county governments. And game managment areas though.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post Mar 22 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #6

Master Mucker!

From a WASHINGTON miner.....
In Washington, miners and prospectors must carry this Gold & Fish book with them while prospecting/mining. Altouugh the online version is accurate, a booklet printed by the State is the only acceptable version to use in the field. Here is the link:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hab/goldfish/goldfish.htm

Any deviations from the methods, timing, or location guidelines, require a HPA (Hydraulic Project Approval) Please don't blame me if the book makes no sense, we Washington miners have been trying to make sense of it since 1999!!!! That is why we are working to change the regulations here.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post Mar 22 2005, 10:40 AM
Post #7

Master Mucker!

From an ALASKA miner....

Sorry  I  don't  have  a copy  of  Alaska's  permit.  Actually  for  dredges  6  inches  and  under  the  state  only  requires  a  Fisheries  dept  permit.  By  regulation  agreement  the  EPA  accepts  that  as  complying  with  their  regs  also.  It's  simple  to  get,  go  in  fill  out  ---- name -- addy  --dredge  size -- area --- etc  and  they  sign  it  on  the  spot.  NO  cost  and  takes  about    5  minutes

This miner is still looking for the link to the permit....updates soon hopefully. :)

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post May 6 2005, 10:05 AM
Post #8

Master Mucker!

Thought this would be of interest to the dredgers here in Colorado.
We don't have a state dredge permit and only 3 rivers in the state are regulated for dredging.
You can find the permits for the Arkansas river at the BLM website.
BLM dredge permit application See post reply #28 in this thread (pg 2) from 3/21/2010 posted by myself for the latest permit print off.

The other 2 rivers that are permitted for dredging in Colorado would be the Uncompahgre and the Cache La' Poudre although I've not seen one of those permits. Maybe they use the Arkansas headwater permit for those offices purposes as well. Phone the appropriate blm office to find out.

Colorado aggregate extraction guidelines.pdf
The PDF file in the link above is from the CDMG, is a good read though and refers small scale dredgers to the COE for permitting requirements which they happily gave us the okey dokey (in writing) last year, for the rally, to run 6 dredges at once on Clear Creek up to 4" each without any permit needed. (one claim)

Have a great season everyone and may gold line your pans & sluices!

CP

This post has been edited by ColoradoProspector: May 18 2010, 08:28 AM
Reason for edit: updated information

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post Jul 6 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #9

Master Mucker!

Hello again everyone,

I've just received a copy of the BLM "permit" for the Arkansas Headwater rec area.
WOW!! huh.gif
We haven't ever had a claim in this area or even had a permit up there......bet there were/are some pretty upset claim owners in that area.

I thought we should get a copy seeing how the BLM site is still down and everyone would like to get one of these permits. <_< :(

Well the ol text converter didn't get it done right so here it is in jpg format...sorry. wacko.gif
You can print these off just the same and the quality is much better.

Check over this one and let me know if you would be a happy miner in this area?

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Nov 6 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #10

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

From what I know Dan-
- the Gunnison is reportedly "no motorized equipment". This is going back 5-6 years, so don't count on accuracy please.
- word of mouth from a fella that has a dredge I wanted to buy is that the Cache La Poudre is a permit-required waterway. Not sure of this, but my understanding is that all mineral activity must have a permit, unsure of the cost if any.
- Arkansas River and any waterways within the Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area requires a permit for dredges and highbankers. Unsure of cost. Panning and manual/nonmotorized slucing is allowed, no permits required.
- Colorado River, I'm unsure of. I have been kicked off in one place by a state park ranger, then I find out the park is several miles downstream. Several different sources give me several different stories. Rangers say no mining whatsoever, IOW no panning or anything from (I forget where it starts) to the Utah border. OTOH the district office at Corn Lake Rec. Area on 32 road in Clifton, CO has said no problem with panning, and the lady was even cheerful and wished me the best of luck in finding something. So all in all, I have no idea what the rules are there. I'm hoping to be down that way in a few weeks and plan on dipping my pan.

It's not a lot of stuff Dan, and I can't guarantee the accuracy. If I make it down that way in a few weeks I'll try to dig up info for you guys.
Carl

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
cornwall84
post Mar 7 2006, 02:59 AM
Post #11

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 36

well theres not as much info on this as i thought there would be, maybe people were waiting for the latest regs.

:) :)

+Quote Post
CP
post Mar 13 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #12

Master Mucker!

I just moved the aggregate withdrawl guidelines over to this thread since there are several of you trying to compile state info. ^_^

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
leonard
post Mar 17 2006, 07:10 AM
Post #13

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 84

Here's a link to the permit form for the Arkansas River Headwaters. Arkansas Headwaters Permit It costs $25.00 and is good for 2 years. At least for dredges. I've never applied for anything else. You can usually get it over the counter in Salida. I'd call first though as only certain people can issue it.
Leonard

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Mar 26 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #14

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

A little while back I double checked on the part about the state park on the Colorado River in Grand Junction. The fellow I spoke with said so long as it's recreational the ranger would have no problem with it. My suggestion is to contact them and ask before hand.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
cornwall84
post Mar 28 2006, 05:38 AM
Post #15

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 36

found one for utah

http://geology.utah.gov/online_html/pi/pi-50/pi50regs.htm

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:54 AM