ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
kspharmboy
post Sep 8 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,583

Hi all...have been checking out the forum for a couple of weeks now. I'm from Topeka, KS and will be visiting near Woodland Park soon with my family (including 4 year old daughter). Can someone help me by knowing any pay to dig sites near there? We're not looking so much for gold panning but more rockhounding, gemstone hunting, or fossil digging. I know about the Florissant fossils and so far that is our best prospect. Thanks for any info.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kspharmboy
post Sep 8 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #2

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,583

I should add that I'm not looking for a money-making opportunity, just something fun for my family and a chance for some unique souvenirs. I can save the treasure hunting for when I get my metal detector for Christmas! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
CP
post Sep 11 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #3

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi kspharmboy,

Welcome to the CP website and forums. Make yourself right at home.
Hope you all have a wonderful adventure while visiting Colorado! smile.gif

While visiting the fossil beds there is a new mueseum (Pikes Peak Historical Society) which is well worth the stop to see their nifty collection of local minerals and there is also a little rock shop/fossil dig place called "Nature's Wealth" just up the hill from the musuem that you might like stopping by.

Many places in Park and Teller couties have some really varied material.........Just keep your eyes peeled and have a great time out there. Depending on where you go you may be able to find some petrified woods, crystals, or several other things.
Ruby mountain near Nathrope has some garnets too but that may be a bit farther than you wish to drive.

As for "pay to dig" gem places.....there just aren't any left since the topaz mountain gem mine was closed to public.

Good luck prospecting out there and stay safe! biggrin.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 AM