ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Colorado Dredging regulations
cincydredger
post Nov 26 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,070

I have an 8 inch dredge and a backpack dredge and will be travelling to the Rocky Mountain region in the summer of 2010 and wanted to see if I could get clarification of dredge size regulations for Colorado. I have seen some info on the need for a permit if the area to be disutrbed is over 1,600 square feet but nothing official on nozzzle or engine size etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nm jack
post Nov 26 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,582

what part of colorado are you going to to dredge???

+Quote Post
CP
post Nov 29 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #3

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi cincydredger,

Welcome to the forums. We have a good thread in this section titled "state mining permits" which is pinned that has some great info for Colorado as well as a couple other discussion in this section.
There also another thread in the valuable references section that you might like to read over too.
http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...?showtopic=2717

Of course this all depends on where you will be working but generally on FS or BLM lands open to prospect, any "hand carried" equipment needs no authorization for prospecting level activities.
Nozzle size limits or engine size limits would fall into recreational area limitations I think as actual prospectors and miners working to find or operate claims many times need some equipment that is alot bigger to get the job done. happy088.gif

Another threshold by law is "use of backhoes, bull dozers or earth moving equipment" on a mining claim, which then would need a POO.
Other threads in this section and the valuable references again will have alot more info on this too.

Make yourself right at home around the entire Colorado Prospector website, we look forward to your future participation.
Hope your trip to Colorado next summer is awesome too! emoticon-object-009.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif Bet you are already getting the plans together.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:07 PM