ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Notice of Location Form
EarthEx
post Mar 22 2015, 11:00 AM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 118,664

Does anybody know where I can get a blank "Notice of Location" form for a placer claim?

I did a Google search and this is all I came up with:
"Local printing companies, office supply stores, stationery stores, and BLM offices are possible sources for obtaining location notice and certificate forms."

There are no more Stationary stores. Office Supply Stores (Office MAX/Depot & Staples) had no clue. I really don't want to drive to BLM in Lakewood to get one.

Thanks,
EarthEx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Mar 22 2015, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Try the blm website and/or offices. That would be my best educated guess.

+Quote Post
Clay Diggins
post Mar 22 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 118,169

There are no official forms for making a mining location. Several of the BLM State offices offer unofficial forms for download.

Trusting the BLM to provide an effective form might be a little optimistic. The form offered in Arizona for many years doesn't meet the State laws for valuable mineral locations in several important respects. I'm sure there are still copies of that deficient form available online.

Better to make up your own declaration based on a firm knowledge of the requirements. Review the state location laws, federal requirements and the needs of the County Recorder's office for type size, margins, headers and titles. I'm sure the folks here on the forum can help guide you with those details.

+Quote Post
EarthEx
post Mar 22 2015, 09:19 PM
Post #4

Diggin' In!

Thanks to Fenixsmom & Clay Diggins I was able to track down some good info from The Idaho BLM Office on locating mining claims. It even has a detailed example for filling out a Location Notice For Mining Claim. Unfortunately no template. I'll try to track it down by contacting the Boise BLM office. Otherwise, I'll be creating one in MS Word.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm...D%20FORMAT).pdf

+Quote Post
EarthEx
post Apr 8 2015, 09:37 AM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

Placer Location Certificate can be found at: http://www.bradfordpublishing.com/Legal-Fo...ion-Certificate

Sold by Bradford Publishing in Denver.

-EarthEx

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Apr 8 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

I typed up my own Notice of Location with the the required info to post on my claim. I also typed my own Certificate of Location to file at the government offices. Sometimes ready made forms do not have all the info required by law or they have info that is not necessary. Be careful with those. Different states may have different requirements when it comes to staking and filing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:19 AM