ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Club Members
CP
post Jul 22 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hello Club members,

For the benefit of the newest members coming on board we put these instructions together to help navigate the club members area information.
As always feel free to contact us at anytime if you have difficulties or questions.

To sign in for your members area info you will need to bring up the ColoradoProspector.com
home page. If you have not yet set your home page for the CP site, this will be a great time! biggrin.gif
From the CP home page you can find any of the website pages in the green area to the left, including the log in link for the members areas, News and Events link, the chat room and forum links etc, and then down a bit further is where the Miners Market banner will be found.

Now.....to log into the members area you will click on the very top link "Log In"
Next you will get a prompt box that will ask for your "Login" and "password"........Your "Login" will be your email address and password will be what you chose during membership sign up in the membership using the secured system.
Once you have entered your login and password you will then be brought to the main members area page where you will be able to see each of your members areas researched information.
Lifetime members will of course have links on all areas listed and yearly members will have links appear on only the yearly members areas.....those that are not links on your page will be the lifetime areas.

These directions should give you a good start and we hope you enjoy the website.

As with any secured sign in pages online......be sure to sign off from your session before leaving too.

See you out on the digs! cool.gif
CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Howard
post Jul 22 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,356

unsure.gif Hello all, Thank you all for the great help and understanding! It doesn't help that I do not fully read everything either. This is one great site and the information is wonderful. We may be new members, but we will see you all soon and we are looking forward to getting to know and working with everyone!
Howard and Robin

+Quote Post
wyodust
post Jul 25 2007, 07:16 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 63

welcome aboard, this is a great site with some very helpful people in it, enjoy the site as much as i do..wyo

--------------------
user posted image
I AM A COLORADO PROSPECTOR LIFETIME MEMBER

+Quote Post
raptor
post Nov 10 2007, 05:15 PM
Post #4

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 3,028

Thanks for all the great information I have recieved already. I am planning a trip out to Colorado next year and would appreciate any information on the best time to come out and do some panning. Regards to All. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
CP
post Nov 11 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #5

Master Mucker!

Hi Raptor and you are very welcome.
We are glad you have found the CP club members and website information helpful.

Time of year is really a personal choice......I favor fall but many would rather avoid the chill effects. biggrin.gif
Mid summer can be darn nice, but always be prepared for any weather anytime when at high altitudes here in Colorado.
We have also started a thread in the "Prospectors Outings and Adventures" section about a possible group gathering if interested.

Make yourself at home around the CP site. We are all glad to have your participation now and in the future. smile.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
ironheadpeggy
post Mar 10 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Observer

Member No.: 6,862

happy070.gif

New member and what a site you have here
Lots of good info
Have purchased almost 7 acres south of Harstel @ 9600'
and would like to meet up with members when
I make it out in April
Camping out is fine with me. Especially when cheapest
room around area found was 93.00/night

+Quote Post
CP
post Mar 12 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #7

Master Mucker!

Welcome ironheadpeggy,

Thank you kindly for the compliments. biggrin.gif
Make yourself right at home browsing the entire site, we look forward to your future participation.
Hartsel is a beautiful place, awesome on the buy and congrats. Can get a tad windy but some really great scenery out there.
Great fishing around there too if ya' like to do that.

Sure there would be a couple willing to meet up with you while you visit too. Have a great time and hope all the pans are yella'! happy088.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jul 4 2011, 06:35 AM
Post #8

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

I wanted to welcome all the new club members to the forums. sign0016.gif

If you have any questions about the club membership, please feel free to contact us anytime.
We are always here to help.

Denise

CP_Member.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
RVer Dave
post Aug 31 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #9

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 44,419

I have just joined the CP Forum and also the CP club as a yearly member. Sheila and I are full-time RVers, currently we are workamping at an RV Campground in Rawlins, Wyoming and will be traveling to our winter jobs at a resort near Key West, FL in November. We currently have not decided if we will be working in WY again next summer or try to get accepted at a campground/resort in Colorado as we did in 2010. We are lifetime GPAA/LDMA members and enjoy prospecting although our seasonal work schedules usually mean that our days off end up being in the middle of the week (rules out many club outings). We are going to be in Denver Sep 7th, then the 8th going to a Rascal Flatts concert, & Sep 9th going to visit a property of ours south of Salida. We hope to visit a couple GPAA/LDMA claims on the 10th as we head back to WY. We hope to meet a few CP folks in the coming year.

David & Sheila Knapp
Full-time RVers

--------------------
David & Sheila Knapp, & Stella the Beagle!
Full-Timer RVers
'12 Lance 1181 Truck camper w/250-watts solar PV - "Redneck Motorhome"
'12 Ford F-350 Dually - "Sedona"
'09 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited - "Red Rocks"
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park model with sunroom in N. Ft Myers, FL occasional seasonal winter hangout

+Quote Post
swizz
post Aug 31 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 6,983

Hi David and Sheila and big welcome to CP forums and Club! sign0016.gif
Man-o-man, as a 50yr old bachelor I have to say that I really envy your lifestyle. signs021.gif
I'm situated in Middle Park (Grand County) and prospect here as well as North Park. Iffn ya wind up in either of those locales while workamping (or just road-trippin) let me know and I might be able to point you toward Gold & Garnets or fossils to cure that itch.
Glad to have you guys aboard. This site is an excellent resource for those seeking information/education on how to research land status for prospecting on our public lands... and there is a LOT of unclaimed open ground to cover in our state. happy088.gif Lots of good folk here to help you out.
Post up some pics of your adventures as you guys are livin' the good life. char098.gif
Happy Trails!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Denise
post Aug 31 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #11

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

smileywaving.gif Hi David and Sheila, welcome to the CP club and forums! We have a friendly helpful bunch here so make yourself right at home browsing the website. I activated your membership and sent your welcome letter with the monthly password and direct links, so your good to go. happy088.gif

Sweet, have fun at the Rascal Flats concert. I bet it will be a good one, they have great music!! Stay safe on your travels and we all look forward to hearing about more of your adventures.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
RVer Dave
post Sep 1 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #12

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 44,419

Thanks Mrs. CP and Sheila is to Rascal Flatts like I am to Gold Fever! This time I got her tickets in the standing pit area in front of Row 1 and she was successful in drawing a fan club meet & greet there too, must be her 6th meet & greet & something like 25th concert with RF since 2002.

Switz: I enjoy reading your posts & seeing your photos. We lived an hour south of Salida in an off-grid straw bale passive solar house near Crestone for 3.5 years when I quit aerospace in 2005. I then worked contract from home/traveling to IL & Paris for them part time until 2008 when they outsourced our job functions to India, where I gave up competing in the open job market with kids half my age and 3x my education. We sold our house and began workamping in our RV. In 2010 we workamped at the Ouray KOA for the summer upon where we got hooked on jeeping and gold panning. Now we are going to go back to our empty building lot @ 8,300' next to a trout stream for a PERC test to make sure there isn't any yela color in it to slow down the drainage, LOL.

You'd like our setup. Last year we dumped our 35' 5th-wheel after we spent four months parked at the factory waiting for warranty work. We then bought a 19 year old park model in SW FL & also a Lance 1181 truck camper which we tow a stock 4-dr jeep Rubicon for our days off adventures.

At 51, we'd love to spend all summer prospecting and dispersed camping, still working on how to earn enough grubsteak in the winter to make that happen in the summer, LOL. Workamping at RV camground/resorts for minimum wages is sort of like extreme poverty until something better comes along. We travel with 4 gold pans, a 30" sluice, a Tom & Perry cleanup sluice, a Desert Fox, a Blue Wheel, a nugget sucker, and misc hand tools. Oh, I forgot to mention my Garrett AT Gold MD which found me a 10K gold plated diamond ring with small real diamond intact on the second dig right at our RV site driveway in Rawlins, WY.

To date we haven't participated in any club activities of any kind, our days off have varied Tuesday-Wednesday and Sunday-Monday this summer as workamping couples were hired and fired (getting retired folks to work like dogs for minimum wages isn't practical or typical). At age 51, I am the young work mule that weedwhacks in the hot sun all day while Sheila is inside doing reservations & checkins. The reason I do it (beyond keeping fit!!!) is every weekend we go prospecting in the Medicine Bows, Sierra Madre, Douglas Creek, Atlantic City, Carol Creek, MUPU, or even the tiny 20 acre segment of the Sweetwater River that is a CD trailhead. We know there are huge nuggets at Carol Placer & MUPU on Rock Creek, but it has a dredging ban since commercial dredging was stopped in 1941 just upstream during WWII. It is typically 10' down to bedrock on Rock Creek and without dreding it is tough to dig deeper than what will just get you a little flour gold for 5 buckets of material at several feet down. We seen several huge nuggets come out of the dredge tailing up stream (private property). It is tough reclaiming on Carol Placer since I often have to reclaim 2-3 other holes left by others. I have tried metal detecting there as well, so far I have collected over 300 .22 casings, hundreds more pop-tops, & many, many partially burned aluminum cans from very old buried campfire sites. Numerous white Marmount-like critters live on the greenstone cliffs there, so I imagine that every teenager used to camp there with their plinking rifles.

We don't yet have any solid leads on summer of 2013 workamping, but unlike WY, most resorts and campgrounds have an abundance of workampers that will sell their souls to work almost for free. The best we did in 2010 was work 20 hours per week as a couple for our RV site and then got paid minumum wage for 15-25 hours each every week. Since we have 14 years yet before we can receive a retirement pension, do the math and you will see the cell phone, food, and insurance payments get a little strained on those funds, LOL.

Most campgrounds just want you to work 24 hours a week as a couple just for your RV site (>$700/mo!). That would be cool for anyone having a good pension which would give lots of time off for prospecting, but us in the age 50 category are in a special category that doesn't fit the intended workamping lifestyle. When they see I can work like a mule they jump for joy, but act live minimum wages is going to make the owners broke, LOL!

Our Lance truck camper is set up for 150 watts of solar so we disperse camp with very, very little generator run time & bring 45 gallons of fresh water so we can last 1-2 weeks.

If I can talk about safety for a moment, we both have had brushes with disaster. Last year I had a log fall on me while woodcutting for our old farm and this summer Sheila fell in a trout stream on mossy rocks. We both are okay now, but in both cases with unable to walk for a couple weeks as we elevated our legs with broken arteries. Since we have no health insurance it can also be a big disaster financially, but in both cases a nurse monitored our situation to ensure we weren't much worse off. We finally bought Delorme satellite text messaging systems and are very glad we did. If one or both of us gets hurts we can summon help and also we use it to text our family to let them know we are safe and sound while dispersed camping out in the boonies.

I conclusion, I'd rather move a couple yards of dirt by hand for myself or a group daily on a gold claim than do workamping, but workamping has provided a stop-gap for us while we investigate many of the great prospecting areas out west. We will probably convert our L2 yearly membership to a LT membership in the next few months, just wanted to get signed up now while we plan for next year. We tried to join the Wyoming Prospectors Association, but they haven't got back to me after a few months time & several inquiries. Also, most of the NFS areas in WY want a detailed plan of intent filed (before the plan of operations) so they can come to check up on your panning, Sluicing, & dredging operations (not to mention the normal dredge permit). I find it highly irritating that I need to file a plan of intent just for gold panning in the Medicine Bow Mountains, including wanting to know the exact spot I am camped at so that can come to make sure you are all legal. You can travel there for a week to never see a Forest Ranger, but file a plan of intensions and you will have 2-3 trucks swarming you and your campsite daily to make you feel not at ease. They send a biologist that preaches about how the trout are being threatened and when I pointed out that I wasnt hardly getting the water dirty compared to the free range cows that were pooping and trampling just up stream ... the guy got a pissed look on his face and doubled the amount of visits we had for the week. On our next camping trip we just camped, never saw a NFS or BLM truck at all during our stay ... Mmmm, can I say hardly anyone will fill out there Plan of Intent for fear of harrassment. When the Biologist was walking away, he reminded me that the old timers already got 99.999% of the gold so it wasn't worth my time to keep doing it. I like trout fishing and it was funny how the trout where coming up to my sluce pile to pick food out of it, LOL.

May we see ya'll in Colorado next summer!!!

David & Sheila Knapp

--------------------
David & Sheila Knapp, & Stella the Beagle!
Full-Timer RVers
'12 Lance 1181 Truck camper w/250-watts solar PV - "Redneck Motorhome"
'12 Ford F-350 Dually - "Sedona"
'09 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited - "Red Rocks"
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park model with sunroom in N. Ft Myers, FL occasional seasonal winter hangout

+Quote Post
Scratch60
post Sep 2 2012, 09:05 AM
Post #13

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 15,619

Hello from Shawnee, CO!
I recently joined Colorado Prospectors after grazing through the web site. I've learned just enough to know I need to learn a LOT more. Don't mind my dumb questions. All the gold I've panned so far could be hidden under my eyelids and it wouldn't hurt me, but that only makes the fever spike.
Dan and Denise have been very helpful. Their resources posted here will keep me busy researching all winter. Hopefully soon I'll be ready with my recently acquired dredge/highbanker combo and a hydro-force suction nozzle. I'm rebuilding/refurbishing some equipment and can't wait to move some dirt.
If anyone is interested in a common dig, I'll bring the machine in exchange for some expert advice and a little training.
A little about me: I lived in Colorado back in the sixties and seventies. My father worked construction so we had to follow the work. That took me to the Midwest. Eventually I left for a tour in Viet Nam as a Marine grunt. After a few years of knocking around,
I settled in Florida and stayed for 25 years. On a vacation here in 2007, I realized how much I missed these hills. I spent a year in Parker looking for the house I'm living in now.
I'm a licensed pilot, master scuba diver and an NRA pistol instructor. I have a background in engineering and photography.
Hope to see you at a dig soon,
Mike "Scratch" Florey

--------------------
EVIL GENIUS. JUST ASK ME.

+Quote Post
swizz
post Sep 2 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 6,983

Dave,
Now that you injected 'reality' into the world of workamping it sound a little less appealing. unsure.gif
I had no idea that it was so competitive and not so financially rewading... it still has some good appeal though. The nomadic lifestyle has an uncanny charm to me. Thank you for that behind-the-scenes perspective! I'll never view camp hosts the same again and they've always had my respect. Very intriguing career you have had too!

Scratch,
Welcome back to Colorado and welcome to CP! Thank you VERY much for serving our country, it's an honor to have you aboard. I'd love to do some diggin with you but the season is waning fast up here and it will be tough for me to coordinate now. My small biz is bizzy from now until Nov.. between that, my claim, and ranch-hand work my plate is all of a sudden full (which is a good thing). Andrew (amorton) and I will hopefully be heading to my claim before the season ends for a couple of days (not sure if weekdays or weekend) but you might want to join us for that if possible. I can PM you if you're interested once we square that away. I'd like to see the Hydo Force in action and have some spots where it could be very beneficial. I carry a Glock Model 23 and could definitely use some of your instructional wisdom with my shooting too! char092.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Scratch60
post Sep 2 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #15

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 15,619

QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 2 2012, 11:27 AM) *
Dave,
Now that you injected 'reality' into the world of workamping it sound a little less appealing. unsure.gif
I had no idea that it was so competitive and not so financially rewading... it still has some good appeal though. The nomadic lifestyle has an uncanny charm to me. Thank you for that behind-the-scenes perspective! I'll never view camp hosts the same again and they've always had my respect. Very intriguing career you have had too!

Scratch,
Welcome back to Colorado and welcome to CP! Thank you VERY much for serving our country, it's an honor to have you aboard. I'd love to do some diggin with you but the season is waning fast up here and it will be tough for me to coordinate now. My small biz is bizzy from now until Nov.. between that, my claim, and ranch-hand work my plate is all of a sudden full (which is a good thing). Andrew (amorton) and I will hopefully be heading to my claim before the season ends for a couple of days (not sure if weekdays or weekend) but you might want to join us for that if possible. I can PM you if you're interested once we square that away. I'd like to see the Hydo Force in action and have some spots where it could be very beneficial. I carry a Glock Model 23 and could definitely use some of your instructional wisdom with my shooting too! char092.gif

Thanks Swizz,
Odd you should mention the model 23. I have one on my right hip as I type this.
I'm not sure when the hydro force nozzle will come in. I ordered new hoses that (I think) will be in by the end of the week. I'm de-greasing the pump engine and just finished changing the oil a few minutes ago. De-rusted and painted the engine base plate. De-rusted the riffle assembly and coated it with rust fix. Got filter elements on order. Taking a break for lunch and a barley pop.
Please send a PM if you can sort out a time to go diggin'. I'll match schedules, no problem.
Happy to be here!

--------------------
EVIL GENIUS. JUST ASK ME.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:25 AM