ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Triangular object on moon?, real or hoax
Denise
post Jan 19 2014, 10:19 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

chin.gif In the news this morning.......
Check out the story at The New Your Daily News...."Researcher finds image of mysterious triangular object on moon" huh.gif

Real or hoax, what do you think?

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Jan 20 2014, 05:16 AM
Post #2

russau

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

well it looks like some sneaky astronaut left his newest creation of a gold pan on the moon! i wonder how he did??

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Feb 27 2014, 09:41 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

Looks like a hoax to me... or just a really bad picture. Of all the weird space shapes I have seen, nothing is more strange than the giant hexagon on Saturn.
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2013-350

--------------------

+Quote Post
EMac
post Sep 26 2014, 09:58 AM
Post #4

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

While we did leave corner reflectors on the moon to measure distance, this looks like a google maps artifact: MetaBunk

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
Dypheron
post Sep 29 2014, 09:08 AM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 52,528

If you ever get really bored look at the work of Richard C Hoagland, he's the main driver behind all of the crazy Mars stuff, but had a lot to say about stuff like this on the moon as well. I watched his videos back in the early 2000's and while he makes it all sound good there's no real science behind it. And his hair...

He talks about the hexagon on either pole of Saturn in one of them, I agree that it's strange but that's about as far as that goes.

--------------------
Life goes by so fast/You only wanna do what you think is right/Close your eyes and it's past/Story of my life - Mike Ness

+Quote Post
EMac
post Sep 29 2014, 01:45 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

QUOTE (Dypheron @ Sep 29 2014, 10:08 AM) *
If you ever get really bored look at the work of Richard C Hoagland, he's the main driver behind all of the crazy Mars stuff, but had a lot to say about stuff like this on the moon as well. I watched his videos back in the early 2000's and while he makes it all sound good there's no real science behind it. And his hair...

He talks about the hexagon on either pole of Saturn in one of them, I agree that it's strange but that's about as far as that goes.

Boredom came sooner than later, and this guy is a nut bag. The hair is magnificent though!

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Sep 29 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #7

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,890

Some people really need to clean off the lens before taking pictures.... just saying... cough... yeah... cough...

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:03 PM