ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Micro gold or sand?
jimmyrig
post Mar 20 2020, 01:28 PM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 132,619

Hello all,

I went and got some sample buckets from an area I am looking to prospect. The area is known to have gold. It also has TONS of red clay. After a few pans with no gold I almost threw it out but then I noticed something. Underneath the black sand at the end of my pans is a fine golden powder. I can't get it to separate from the black sand without using a magnet. Could this be flour / Micro gold or is it just sand / clay? How do I tell? Smelt it? Not sure the pictures do it justice but the first one is after I've swirled the black sand and tried to tap any gold up. Then the second picture is after I used a magnet to pull up the black sand. I also have a video but it's large it seems.
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
James
Member Since 06/2017
Referral JB748
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denise
post Mar 21 2020, 09:21 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

There is a great chance that that is flour gold! Seems you panned it properly so all the heavies will be left. Not sure if you were panning in Colorado but it is known for having lots of flour gold just like that.

It all adds up! happy112.gif Good job!

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Sep 12 2020, 11:39 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Hi Denise and Jimmyrig
If I may, I’d like to make an off forum recommendation to another group, this time found on Facebook. There is a fine gentleman by the name of Paul Gray. He has been expertly extracting -200 and smaller gold from the beach sounds of Cape Disappointment in the state of Washington.

He uses the gold cube and brings home the con. He has created his own gutter Sluice 6 feet long maybe longer. In it he has placed A short section of UR gold hog mat. That gold hog mat is then followed by the rest of the sluice length covered in shallow V-mat. He feeds the con by means of tablespoons over that mat.

If one is interested in spending the time, Paul very patiently video films his process on how shallow he runs the water depth, and shows the finished video he has for multiple ounces each year in recent years so it can be done. Should be noted, that all sets his gutters/finishes at 9°.

Of course I can also pull it with my New GOLDROP talked about elsewhere on your forum.

If this is not OK of course Denise, feel free to delete just send me a private message and I’ll understand.

Hope this finds you breathing well in this very sad and stressful season of fires from the millions of acres of the forest

QUOTE (jimmyrig @ Mar 20 2020, 12:28 PM) *
Hello all,

I went and got some sample buckets from an area I am looking to prospect. The area is known to have gold. It also has TONS of red clay. After a few pans with no gold I almost threw it out but then I noticed something. Underneath the black sand at the end of my pans is a fine golden powder. I can't get it to separate from the black sand without using a magnet. Could this be flour / Micro gold or is it just sand / clay? How do I tell? Smelt it? Not sure the pictures do it justice but the first one is after I've swirled the black sand and tried to tap any gold up. Then the second picture is after I used a magnet to pull up the black sand. I also have a video but it's large it seems.
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:14 PM