ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GOLD MINING CLAIM near Fairplay Colorado FOR SALE, High Grade Ore Stockpile from London Mine and Placer Grounds
ASTROBLEME
post Feb 2 2018, 12:48 PM
Post #31

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

Two historical photographs showing the extensive infrastructure and the "mine dumps" at South London Mine are posted below. The Tonko #1 Vicinity Map is also posted to provide a view of where the high grade ore stockpile is located with respect to the lands where the mine buildings have been removed. It is important to note that the Tonko Stockpile was placed far away from the patented mining company lands. In fact, the ore was transported up 0.4 miles, thus making for a round-trip of 8/10 of a mile to and from the the hand sorting site out to stockpile and back. This effort took a lot more time and money to complete in comparison to the dumping of ore piles that were placed near the mine buildings. The stockpile itself is nearly 1/4 mile in length!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Please contact me directly at;

Johnny Tonko, President of Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Feb 4 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #32

Rock Bar!

DEAN MISANTONI OVERSTAKED THE TONKO STOCKPILE SIX MOTHS AGO!

Mr. Misantoni has been involved with the London Mine for over 30 years and is a Certified Professional Geologist (CPG #11276) with a B.S. and a M.S. He also was an author of the report cited earlier in this thread from the Colorado Geological Survey stating “that proven, probable, and inferred reserves (including dumps on the London Mine Group) total 502,000 short tons of ore ranging from 0.10 to 0.41 opt gold, with a weighted average of 0.19 opt gold (Johansing and Misantoni, 1992)".

The claimant’s concerted effort to gain a mineral interest in the stockpile location has resulted in NO rights, title or interest in the Tonko #1 Placer Mining Claim. Lode claims staked under Federal Mining Law, like Misantoni’s, are only for rock in place such as well-defined veins. Placer claims, like the Tonko #1 offered here, covers the loose materials including mine dumps and mill tailings. Misantoni’s claim map shows the center-line following along the top of the Tonko Stockpile.

It appears from Federal records that although an amended claim was filed at BLM just 2 weeks prior to the 2018 assessment year, no fee payment was made at that time. This claim will likely be forfeited by operation of the law as soon as BLM adjudicates the matter.

The records are posted below;

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Feb 18 2018, 12:44 PM
Post #33

Rock Bar!

While most of the ore has gold that isn't visible to the naked eye...I collect specimens with visible gold from the high grade stockpile at will.

The 2 pics below are of high grade ore I sliced with an old 10 inch diamond saw. Keep in mind that my saw doesn't have the precision of a jewelry set-up, yet the cut still shows the native gold by the smearing of soft metal by the spinning blade across the specimen. The close up view has a millimeter scale.

Cut Specimen from Tonko #1

Attached Image

Cut Specimen Tonko #1 Close Up

Attached Image

The 2 pics below are of gold with quartz crystals.

Gold with Quartz

Attached Image

Closeup view of Gold in Quartz.

Attached Image

Here's a link to an exceptional "high grade" gold specimen recovered from London Mountain with a metal detector;

Dave Bunk Minerals

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Feb 19 2018, 11:00 AM
Post #34

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

beautiful specimins!!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Feb 19 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #35

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,659

So he never wanted anything to do with the stockpile in 30 yrs until you found values and claimed it as a placer?
No wonder he sounds like a douche.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Feb 19 2018, 07:18 PM
Post #36

Rock Bar!

SOME MORE HISTORY

My Grandfather mined in the coal and gold fields and his stories were a motivating factor in my life-long interests in prospecting and mining. His work was well before the protections afforded to miners safety was even being thought about. He suffered from "consumption" at an early age and his stories are sill etched into my mind even after all these years. He had said many times to the family that "being belly deep in cold water in the mine tunnels was better than the life I had before I came to America".

Mining activities at London Mountain have a very long history. With respect to this claim offering, all the original owners, lawyers, accountants, mining engineers, miners and milling operators have long since passed away, thereby taking much of the hands-on history with them. Their efforts to tunnel, blast and hand sort ores from London Mountain were extra-ordinary. I am truly moved by all their hard work in developing the precious and base metal resources at London Mountain.

The stockpile was originally known as the Jewett #1 and Jewett #2 , likely named in honor of one of the mine owners that was working the site at that time. These claims were held by London Mine Venture from 1935 through 1991. It was during the 1990's that mining laws were changed such that unpatented claims had to be verified by recording public notices of complying with the the legally required assessment work or in the alternative, paying assessment fees to keep the claim active.

I had been prospecting the Park County area for many years and always wondered what the ore placed alongside South London Mountain was all about. Once I found that the claim had been forfeited (due to no action after the mining law changes a few years before), I went to the ore pile to take samples. I was astounded by what I found and placed a claim upon the site. Things were very quite while my family went about our business from that point until very recently.

After more than 15 years of working the high grade stockpile, I was surprised by a major uptick in interest in leasing or buying the claim. This flurry of activity occurred just prior to the end of the 2017 Assessment Year. At about that same time, I discovered that the newest operators of London Mine constructed a gate across Park County Road 696. They attempted to deny access to my family's claim and went so far as to threaten trespassing charges if we used the road. I then worked with several County, State and Federal entities to re-open the road for the historical public access. By November 2017, the roadway was again opened to public travel upon Park County Road 696 and USFS Road 696 going up London Mountain just as it has since 1876.

Please be assured that any prior claim jumping, overstaking or mineral trespassing has been dealt with appropriately. Likewise, measures are in place to deal with future instances of the same.

I appreciate all the interest expressed in this offering. Thank you and if you have any further concerns or questions about this offering, please contact me directly at;

Johnny Tonko, Prresident of Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Feb 20 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #37

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,659

Very interesting history. Grandfathers sure can have some crazy stories and they tell it like it is!

It's amazing to me that a pile like that sat unwanted after the hardest work was done.
Is it free gold that can be crushed and released or needs a chemical leach? That's quite a pile of nice ore to come across and you hit the jackpot on that one. That's was a genius idea to look into that.
Seems that could be a sure thing with the right equipment and knowledge.
I sure wish my family was out here that long ago.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Feb 23 2018, 07:48 PM
Post #38

Rock Bar!

The richer mines in Colorado's high country had to find ways to drain water as the workings were developed so that the miners wouldn't be working "belly deep in cold water" like my grandfather endured.

At London Mine, they constructed a drainage tunnel to pull water out of the miner's path to the gold that consisted of more than 100 miles of tunnels and stope workings. Today, in addition to ore reserves left behind at London Mine, there is a water resource that's worth significant money. Presently, the City of Aurora is considering an initial purchase of 1,400 acre-feet of the polluted mine waste water that is flowing out of the drainage system into South Mosquito Creek from the London Mine each year. There are reports that the city is willing to spend $22,000 per acre foot for this polluted mine water flow. That amounts to a total of $32,000,000.00 US Dollars for the purchase of the water right(s)!

There was a video tour produced by the Aurora Staff back in November last year that shows just a small fraction of the mine tunnels near our claim offering. The high grade ore loading chute that was highlighted is very interesting. Here's the link...

Aurora Tour Of London Mine Waste Water Tunnels

Please continue to contact me directly at;

Johnny Tonko, President of Tonko Mining, Inc.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Mar 12 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #39

Rock Bar!

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE:

The asking price for this 60 acre placer mining claim is $2,459,600.00 (Two Million, Four Hundred Fifty-Nine Thousand, Six Hundred U.S. Dollars). With gold being presently valued at approximately $1,300 per troy ounce, and considering local claim owner's leasing rates now averaging 20%, our asking price was calculated based on the 9,460 troy ounces of gold contained in the stockpile as reported in March 1985 by the Behre Dolbear & Company "Feasibility Analysis of the London Mine". That is the report that was submitted by Dean Misantoni, Certified Professional Geologist (CPG #11276), earlier in this thread. In addition, silver, copper, zinc and lead in the stockpile ores...along with all the virgin gravel placer lands also existing on this claim...will be included at this price. Some of these substantial virgin gold placer grounds are easily identified by the "rounded boulders" observed in place (alongside the road intersections and below the stockpile) in the last photo below. Non-consumptive use water could be sourced for mining purposes where South Mosquito Creek flows across the southeast part of the claim.

Due to the high grade nature of the gold ore stockpiled on this claim,the area is patrolled and monitored. This Federal Mining Claim is located, recorded, and maintained in accordance with 43 C.F.R. Part 3800 and 30 U.S.C. 22 et seq.; 43 U.S.C. 1744 and all appropriate state laws. All persons are warned that disturbance of the monuments, surface, or improvements on this claim or removal of minerals of any type without permission of the claimant(s), will result in their prosecution under the appropriate state and federal statutes.

When visiting the vicinity, my family would appreciate your respect for our ownership interests and that of the adjacent mine owners. Public access roadways to the claim are depicted by the red marked route on the attached map. If an on-site inspection or any sampling of this mining claim is desired, that must be arranged in advance by contacting me directly at;

Johnny Tonko, President of Tonko Mining Company Inc.

Park County Road 696 is maintained year-round and there is a wide parking area right before the intersection with the private London Mine Road and USFS Road 696. The high grade stockpile is visible from Colorado State Highway 9 at the Mosquito Gulch Road near Alma. That is also known as Park County Road 12 and it passes through the famous South Park City and then meets up with Park County Road 696 about 5 miles west of State Highway 9. I've posted photos of the area below.

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Apr 6 2018, 10:12 AM
Post #40

Rock Bar!

This past Monday, BLM issued a decision on the Minewater LLC mining claim that was staked by Dean Misantoni over my family's mineral interests. That short-lived claim is now CLOSED as indicated in the official record copied below.

Attached Image

This offering is for 100% ownership interests in the TONKO #1 Placer Mining Claim.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Apr 6 2018, 11:53 AM
Post #41

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

good news! Hope you find a buyer soon!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Apr 6 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #42

Rock Bar!

I want to extend our family's offer to the successful buyer of TONKO #1 placer claim to also include in their purchase a 100% ownership of the INTERCEPTOR lode. The INTERCEPTOR mining claim is detailed below;

Attached Image

Attached Image

Please contact me at;

President of Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
reinhold
post Aug 12 2018, 09:27 AM
Post #43

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 153,246

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Feb 19 2018, 08:18 PM) *
I discovered that the newest operators of London Mine constructed a gate across Park County Road 696. They attempted to deny access to my family's claim and went so far as to threaten trespassing charges if we used the road. I then worked with several County, State and Federal entities to re-open the road for the historical public access. By November 2017, the roadway was again opened to public travel upon Park County Road 696 and USFS Road 696 going up London Mountain just as it has since 1876.

Though I was just there for hiking, I thought you might to interested to know that the operator is using this gate again. It was open yesterday morning, but he ran me down in his SUV while I was considering a fork in the road (the fork in your picture here: http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...t&id=11401). He accused me of trespassing, and he locked the gate as we left. I can't understand how he can unilaterally close a public right-of-way.

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Aug 12 2018, 11:49 AM
Post #44

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (reinhold @ Aug 12 2018, 10:27 AM) *
Though I was just there for hiking, I thought you might to interested to know that the operator is using this gate again. It was open yesterday morning, but he ran me down in his SUV while I was considering a fork in the road (the fork in your picture here: http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...t&id=11401). He accused me of trespassing, and he locked the gate as we left. I can't understand how he can unilaterally close a public right-of-way.

I was working on the stockpile about a month ago and the lower green metal pipe gate was open and the cable gate at the "fork" was also open. Didn't have any problems. That fork in the road is on USFS lands and the Tonko #1 Mining Claim. The public is allowed to be there!

It would be helpful if you would file a report immediately with the Park County Sheriff, Fred Wegener;

1180 CR 16
P.O. Box 604
Fairplay, CO 80440

Ph: 719-836-2494
Fx: 719-836-4113

And the USFS South Park Ranger District;

P.O. Box 219, 320 Hwy 285
Fairplay, CO 80440

Phone (719) 836-2031
Fax (719) 836-3875

This is a pic of the opened cable gate looking downhill onto the Park County Road 696 at the fork.
Attached Image

This is a pic of the area roads on our claim. The public has a right to be on the Park County Road 696 and on USFS Road 696!

Attached Image

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
reinhold
post Aug 16 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #45

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 153,246

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Aug 12 2018, 12:49 PM) *
I was working on the stockpile about a month ago and the lower green metal pipe gate was open and the cable gate at the "fork" was also open. Didn't have any problems. That fork in the road is on USFS lands and the Tonko #1 Mining Claim. The public is allowed to be there!

It would be helpful if you would file a report immediately with the Park County Sheriff, Fred Wegener;

1180 CR 16
P.O. Box 604
Fairplay, CO 80440

Ph: 719-836-2494
Fx: 719-836-4113

And the USFS South Park Ranger District;

P.O. Box 219, 320 Hwy 285
Fairplay, CO 80440

Phone (719) 836-2031
Fax (719) 836-3875

It was the "lower green metal pipe gate," preceding by a half-mile or so the fork you photographed, where he was controlling access. He actually had to unlock and open it to let us out. To my understanding, this gate is right in the middle of the county road. He has some equipment and a trailer alongside the road just to the west side of this gate.

I stopped by the Park Cty Sheriff's office on my way out of town on Saturday to ask about the situation. Though the office was technically closed, there was an officer outside. I spoke with him, and he stated that the 696 road is a "weird mix" of public and private road. I was confused by the response, and I left it at that. Do you think it would be worthwhile to ask them about it again?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
11 User(s) are reading this topic (11 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:47 AM