ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buying land in colorado- advice needed please :)
Colorado Roots
post Dec 28 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 139,420

I have always wanted to homestead in the mountians.

I have slowly been moving farther and farther out into the woods and i now live in the "sticks" on the coosa river near the alabama/ga state line and LOVE it.

I am looking for opinions of areas that are pretty lax on building codes or requirements...

I want as little govt interference as possible.

If i want to build a teepee, or build a new home addition, i dont want the county knocking on my door...etc

What areas can i gem hunt/ prospect and still live "free"?

I have found +/- 40ac tracts for +/- 100k here and there... and of course before I settle down to buy I will have to do my due diligence on County codes Etc but in your opinion where would you buy? Where is the areas for the best deal?

I don't necessarily have to be close to town.

My wife is a registered nurse and it would be nice to find an area with a hospital or similar office where she can work as an RN within a reasonable travel distance, or even a hospice care center or doing "home health".

Advice? Tips? Things to look for? Things to watch out for?

(I know water is a big one)

It would be nice to find a chuck of land that I could leisurely do some digging around on or just panning with the youngin on the off days without having to travel to a claim or public lands...

Thank you so much for your time!

Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
johnnybravo300
post Dec 28 2017, 06:28 PM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,659

Sauguache, Gunnison and Chaffee counties are all pretty laxed on most things like outhouses and gun laws, things like that. They are all different between the Denver area and the mountains but generally the more populated, the more they want to control that stuff.
Some counties have very strict codes like the boulder area.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:34 AM