ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Another New Guy...
swizz
post Aug 25 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

Hi there,
My name is Chris, 47 yrs young, Winter Park, flyfishing enthusiast, small business owner (log home industry), strong like bull, dumb like tractor.
I'm very new to prospecting (placer) and have been having a blast for the last month or so. I started out doing very basic online research regarding 'how to pan', 'where is it legal to pan', 'are there panning opportunities in my county', 'prospecting etiquette'.... things of that nature. Well... the research just led to more questions, answers, map research, and reading, reading, reading. The learning process seems to be endless (I like that aspect). Within the first week I purchased a nice sluice, classifier, pan, vials and other goodies.... more than enough to get started. And "get started" I did. Everything works beautifully and I've found gold and pyrote garnets on pretty much every trip as a result of the research I did on my county. Nothing of great value I'm sure, but heck.... I actually did something right! I'm enjoying this hobby immensely as it's a humbling endeavor to become a beginner at something again. It's fun to read the old prospecting stories that I've stumbled upon as well. I've spent most of my time trying to decipher information from mindat.org which can be really difficult for a greenhorn tin-pan like me (geology was never my strong suit unfortunately). Tonight... I thought I'd search for "prospecting" forums, just to see what was out there. This one really looks solid! I promise to have more questions than answers. blush.gif
Thanks for having me.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:10 PM