ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
COLORADO DIAMOND PROSPECTING, Colorado has diamond deposits, you just need to look...
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 12 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #16

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

Great info, and we would love to hear more about the prospecting stories and work that followed for those pipes Astrobleme......with lots more pics of course! biggrin.gif

CP
[/quote]

Dear CP:

Here's a pic of my first pipe discovery. The "soft" kimberlite eroded during many, many milions of years, leaving a crater like basin inside steep walled "hard granite" cliffs. The steep walls now surround a lake that has formed over the clays resulting from the breakdown of the kimberlite. Other researchers have noted that grass prefers to grow over kimberlite pipes but trees avoid it. You can really see the tree line well above the waterline here.

Attached Image

I'll give a look through my files and see if I can find a couple more pics you'd enjoy.

Astrobleme

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 12 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #17

Rock Bar!

Dear CP:

Here's a photo of the site where the first drill sampling of one of my discoveries was initiated. This lode claim target is named the "Sands of Time" and it is situate within the South Lost Lakes Placer Claim. It was drilled to a depth of 300 feet in the fall of 2007.

Attached Image

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 12 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #18

Rock Bar!

Dear CP:

This is a recent photo of the surveyed access route that leads into the USFS approved drill site at Lost Lake. As I'm sure you will remember, this is where I had the "CLAIM JUMPER" problem with Bennie Ulibarri.

Attached Image

Notice how the United States Forest Service places the drilling equipment access route below high water line. This is an effort to reduce vegetation damage as much as possible.

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 12 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #19

Rock Bar!

Dear CP:

This pic is of Diamond Mountain. The rock mountain lies within the State Line Mining District. It was named way, way before anyone knew there were any naturally occuring diamond deposits nearby. I think that possibly this area had some involvement with an old story about a diamond hoax but the details escape me at this moment.

Attached Image

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 12 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #20

Rock Bar!

Dear CP:

I found another set of recent photos (Sept 2008) that detail what a kimberlite target drill site looks like. These two photos are of one of the lakes that are visible in the aerial photo I posted earlier.

This is the actual staked drilling site...

[attachment=3060:drillholell2.JPG]

The view below is from the drill site southward that shows the staked access route into the drill site following along the lake shore. Again you will notice that the USFS is trying to mitigate the impact on perennial vegetation by keeping the equipment access route below high water line. Off highway vehicles tear through this muddy area illegally and I have seen my blue ground splattered along roads 1/2 mile away from this site as they leave the area with my blue clay on their tires!

You can see again that the trees standoff from the kimberlite pipe but the grass prefers it. This is a great field indicator for possible sample sites.

Attached Image

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 12 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #21

Rock Bar!

Dear CP:

Here's another photo I've taken recently. Bennie previously posted his "discovery" pics of my claims a few weeks ago on this forum at

http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...?showtopic=2338

Attached Image

Thank you for closing that thread. I really get upset with people who vandalize claim stakes. In my photo you will see both the drill site stake and the USFS marker that were torn down and thrown into the grass. This happens far too frequently and that is why I warned everyone that the area was already under claim. I hope that something can be learned from all of that.

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 12 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #22

Rock Bar!

Dear CP:

I saw this rainbow coming down over the horizon onto my diamond mining claims at Happy Jack recently. All the leprechauns left before I arrived. stirthepot.gif

Attached Image

That is about all I have for now but I will try and answer questions as time permits.

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Dec 12 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #23

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,819

Ha ha good post. thanks for the pics!!! I like the rainbow, it will lead you to gol.....errr....diamonds. I also like the fact that trees tend to not like that type of ground. I had no idea of that. Is that generally the same for all over the world with pipes? Cool keep these post coming. Good read

--------------------
Amethystguy cometh and the amethystguy taketh away

+Quote Post
nm jack
post Dec 13 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #24

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 3,582

emoticon-misc-004.gif Great pics & info.

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 13 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #25

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (amethystguy @ Dec 12 2008, 08:12 PM) *
Ha ha good post. thanks for the pics!!! I like the rainbow, it will lead you to gol.....errr....diamonds. I also like the fact that trees tend to not like that type of ground. I had no idea of that. Is that generally the same for all over the world with pipes? Cool keep these post coming. Good read

Dear amethystguy:

I think the grass anomaly follows pretty much around the world if the climate is right. Another thing I've seen on occasion in the State Line Mining District is animals digging into the grass anomalies. This might be due to them trying to get water or maybe the grass has better nutrients. This "dugout" had blue clay about 1 meter down.

Attached Image

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
CP
post Dec 15 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #26

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Fantastic info and pics Astrobleme.......very cool.
Can't wait to hear about the successful drill tests too.... happy088.gif When it comes time to start excavating let me know, I'm pretty good with some of them big yellow dirt tools! laugh.gif

I bet the water has alot to do with where the grass/trees grows too. With the natural depression holding more moisture longer in that area would definately cause different vegetation and fawna. Notice the aspen trees all right inside the pines? I'm no tree surgeon laugh.gif but I think aspens tap roots need to reach water where as pines don't do well over the long term in that same moisture. Gives us a clue, as it did many old time prospectors, to where water is or isn't close to the surface.

Hope to hear more about these soon, thanks for sharing. Great stuff!!

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 15 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #27

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Dec 15 2008, 09:33 AM) *
Fantastic info and pics Astrobleme.......very cool.
Can't wait to hear about the successful drill tests too.... happy088.gif When it comes time to start excavating let me know, I'm pretty good with some of them big yellow dirt tools! laugh.gif

I bet the water has alot to do with where the grass/trees grows too. With the natural depression holding more moisture longer in that area would definately cause different vegetation and fawna. Notice the aspen trees all right inside the pines? I'm no tree surgeon laugh.gif but I think aspens tap roots need to reach water where as pines don't do well over the long term in that same moisture. Gives us a clue, as it did many old time prospectors, to where water is or isn't close to the surface.

Hope to hear more about these soon, thanks for sharing. Great stuff!!

CP

Dear CP:

I'd love to tell everyone all about these claims that have been approved for drilling by the USFS but I'm somewhat limited in the level of detail I can provide. My family's company accepted "an offer that can't be refused" a couple of years ago. Once that happened, the proprietary nature of those claims involved should be respected, so I prefer to not reveal too many details publicly. On the otherhand, since I have had so much trouble with claim jumping and vandalism, I am now publishing this map of those claims in an effort to inform the public as to these important holdings.

Attached Image

I can say that I have recovered diamonds with a No. 2 shovel on some these claims before they were under contract. It is my hope that others can find the information they need to go out and discover their own diamond deposit with the information I do post here.

Many diamond developers look for good drill core results as they are looking for large kimberlite resources that they can develop into a mine producing a revenue stream for many years forward. That takes lots of up-front money and these arrangements may not benefit the recreational prospector. Sure, a prospector can sell out for some quick cash but he/she will never see the full value for their discovery.

It has been my experience that lots of money can be made by extracting diamonds that have already been "mined by mother nature". Given the nature of kimberlite being much softer than the hard granite surrounding it, the erosion process liberates the diamonds naturally. No need for an expensive roller crusher or other high tech devices if you can find the pan that holds the diamonds within the crater walls. If the pan has already eroded out, look down-stream for the stones as they do not wear out easily. In areas that have been subjected to glacial ice movement (Colorado has some!), then you need to look down-ice to see if there are any concentrated placers.

The pan, crater, or diatreme in my mind, is acting much like a natural gold pan. It holds back the heavy minerals like diamonds and garnets while the other rock breaks completely down and then washes or blows away. This process lasts millions and millions of years and the crater like depressions holding the diamonds may not be easily recognized at first. Many fortunes have been made quickly by working diamonds concentrated into placers...especially the pans that form over the pipes. Small companies working in Africa have done this for years but the knowledge isn't really shared.

There is some public information that I can share that is available and may be of help, so here's the link...

http://www.northfortynews.com/Archive/A200...Exploration.htm

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME
aka Johnny F. Tonko
President
Tonko Mining Company, Inc.

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
CP
post Dec 16 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #28

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Thanks for the added info Astrobleme and I completely understand that you can not reveal too much detail of ops up and coming.

Great advice for the diamond prospecting, thank you!

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Dec 19 2008, 11:03 AM
Post #29

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,819

Since I am not that familiar with claims can you tell me what the boxes mean? Are your claims inside all the boxes? What do the different colored boxes mean? What limits you to the amount of claims you can have? Thanks

--------------------
Amethystguy cometh and the amethystguy taketh away

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 19 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #30

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (amethystguy @ Dec 19 2008, 10:03 AM) *
Since I am not that familiar with claims can you tell me what the boxes mean? Are your claims inside all the boxes? What do the different colored boxes mean? What limits you to the amount of claims you can have? Thanks

Hi amethystguy:

I'll try and answer you as best as I can.

My family's company holds numerous mining claims for uranium, lead, zinc, copper, silver, gold and gemstone deposits. The map I've put up is only for some of my claims. It only shows those claims that are presently under contract for diamond exploration by another company and have been the subject of claim jumping here in the Forum. There are other areas under claim in that area that aren't shown on the map. Those areas are public records and can be found by using BLM LR2000 or even hiring a mining consultant if need be. Remember that each individual claim has a Location Certificate and Claim Map on file in the County Clerk and Recorder's Office as well as the BLM State office. Those documents have the legal descriptions and the maps are on a 1 inch = 500 feet scale.

On the map I posted, the scale is in miles, so the detail isn't as good as in the public records. I just wanted to give folks an idea as to where the claim jumping has been the most severe and prompt them to use caution when prospecting in those areas. The pink lines indicate the boundary lines of my placer claims and the black lines indicate the boundaries of the lode claims. If you have a specific location in question, please feel free to contact me via e-mail at
johnny.tonko@meteoritecrater.com
for details.

There is no limit on the number of claims that a person can have. If someone has more than 10 claims nation-wide, they can no longer qualify for the small miner exemption. That means they must pay the annual assessment fees of $125 per claim plus additional county court filing fees as well.

My company pays many thousands of dollars each year in claim assessments. When you figure in all the additional costs for prospecting, surveying, lawyers, assays, geological consultants, accountants and taxes...there isn't much left to show as profit for all the work that goes into the venture. That is part of why it really upsets me when my claims get jumped, especially when I am willing to negotiate leases to interested parties for exploration on some claims. I really want to help folks learn about mining claims and will try my best to do that. However, there are a few people that abuse the records system to find where deposits are and then they make it a point to go there to collect minerals illegally. My hope is to prevent mineral trespass by education (this Forum is a great way to get out information) before the problem arises.

Hope this helps explain the map.

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:09 AM