ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
My last outing, A Weekly posting
swizz
post Sep 15 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #216

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

Wow Woody, VERY impressive specimens!
Good luck out there today... weather looks perfect. I'm going to be out turning some dirt today as well. emoticon-misc-004.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Woody
post Sep 28 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #217

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 15,615

Too bad they clapsed that mine Leonard, looks like there was still a lot of collectable material to be had.

Here is a nice shot of a couple of pices of Fluorite I found about two weeks ago. I found around 10 pieces and was very satisfied with my day of digging. It was one of the few times I set out to find Fluorite and actually found it. As the winter months set in, I will be focusing my efforts more and more on local outings and that mainly means digging for crystals.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member
(currently working hard in the procurement department)

+Quote Post
Denise
post Sep 29 2012, 07:39 AM
Post #218

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Those are beautiful Woody, good job!! Looks like you found a great place to locate Fluorites! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
chin.gif I bet you trained Aspen to help you sniff out the Fluorites, didn't you? biggrin.gif

Thanks for the finds update Woody. I always enjoy seeing your finds and hearing about your adventures!!
eating-popcorn-03.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Woody
post Sep 30 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #219

Rock Bar!

Here is a couple of videos from my last two wekends. I like that these pictures really show the difference between what they look like comming out of the ground and then after clean up. I haven't used any chimicals in the clean up process. I am fearful that the first thing to go would be the delicate purple colors.

I belive this hole has pretty much played-out. I managed to find around 20 pieces so I certainly can't complain. Have a good one, Woody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ybhXkAZT34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CDyuSJXvwc

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Denise
post Oct 13 2012, 08:04 AM
Post #220

Master Mucker!

Great videos Woody! It might not be played out, dig deeper dig deeper!.....hehe excited.gif
Aspen always looks so happy to be out with you.
smile.gif

--------------------

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
CP
post Oct 17 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #221

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

Nice videos and finds Woody, thanks for sharing the adventure. With our lack of field time this year it's always nice to see your adventures.
Looks like you found some nice fluorites and smokey's....you said "uninteresting" in the vid but I'd say there could be very interesting things on those....especially if you might of happened upon an enhydro. smiley-shocked003.gif
Quartz and fluorite combos aren't very common either, if you have found some nice quartz with fluorites on them, those would be sweet ones as well.

Check em' out and look close, could be some micro specimens that are killer too, we've got some really neat micros from that area.

Enjoyed the journey and look forward to the next one.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Woody
post Oct 22 2012, 11:15 PM
Post #222

Rock Bar!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement from everyone. I guess I will have to keep getting out there and doing my part.

This last time I really intended to go deeper like MRS CP suggested but it seems like I am finding goodies right close to the surface and the material kind of drys up just a foot or two down. I would like to be able to dig several feet down for sampling but so far havent made it.

Here is a video of this last weekend. I was able to follow some bits and pieces uphill and found thier sorce. It is on the side of a small cliff. of course the video did not last long enough to get the best crystals on camera, so I will post some pictures after I get them all cleaned. It is the best Smokey crystals I have found so far. Woody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3j1MBlJfe4

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
jim
post Oct 23 2012, 06:22 AM
Post #223

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 994

It definately looks like you are on the trail of a vein! I hope you covered you find up. You are liable to go back to find someone else has dug all the killers out. When I got to go out to the dreamtime with Dan it was the red clay that was a main indicator on a vein. Man I can only wish that I could get back out there with you.

+Quote Post
swizz
post Oct 23 2012, 06:49 AM
Post #224

Incredible hole and another great vid Woody! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Looking forward to seeing your cleanup of those pieces. I always take a squirt bottle of water along when I'm fossil hunting.. cuz sometimes I just can't wait. excited.gif
Good stuff!!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Woody
post Oct 23 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #225

Rock Bar!

Here is a short video showing a few of the items I recovered last weekend. They have not been completely cleaned, only lightly brushed. The entire cleaning process could take a while. I hope you enjoy the music, Woody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN7AoK90PrA

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Oct 24 2012, 07:31 AM
Post #226

Woody,
Really, really nice finds. worthy.gif
I think a little S.I.O. would take care of that iron staining.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Woody
post Oct 24 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #227

Rock Bar!

I agree Chris,

I have high hopes for what SOI will be able to do. I have three “test” pieces soaking in it right now. I think I will inspect them after 24 hours and see how the process is coming along and increase the time/strength as needed. It is a very, very weak solution but I want to start off that way. I can always increase the amount if I need be. There is some little Iron cubes on some of the microcline that I am fearful will be eaten away if I use too strong of a mixture. Not sure if current outside temperatures will have an effect on this process or not. Will have to wait and see. I'll post pics in the Crystal cleaning fourm if I have any success. Later

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Woody
post Nov 30 2012, 11:42 PM
Post #228

Rock Bar!

Hi All,

I haven’t posted up in a while but have I have been taking advantage of this unusually warm winter and have managed to get out in the hills every weekend. When I last left off I had discovered a new area that was producing some promising crystals and rough combos. Well I have continued to work that pocket and continue to be amazed each time I go back. It started out with some rough surface crystals and then it became a spider-hole and it just seems that it never stops producing. Even the Microcline plates are amazing. I have found many smokies and a few are in great shape, some of the crystals are larger than a football. So much material has came out of this hole I that I am unable to carry it all back and have a nice rock collection right there on the side of the hill. Last weekend it finally started to give up Fluorite. It is very colorful and even shows up on some of the combos. The pictures do not show the same color as what the material looks like in your hand. In the pics it looks green, but in hand it has a very soft blue to it. When I left on Sunday I could look way back in the top of the hole and still see more fluorite. Some of the smokie crystals are very pale and I am not sure but I think they might be showing a slight tint of Amethyst in them. I am sure I see purple in some of them. I can’t wait to get back up there in the morning and hit it again. I am taking my niece and nephew and hopefully make a day out of it.

I have taken a huge amount of pictures, way too many to post up. Here is just a few.
Later, Woody.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Woody
post Nov 30 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #229

Rock Bar!

Here in this next picture you can see some purple on the smokies to the left. There just might be amethyst in there somewhere. Also in the same picture is a small piece of microcline that is red or pinkish. I wonder if there might be some Rhodocrosite, (sp?) in that hole as well.

The next two pictures are of that fluorite. They just don’t look as green as it seems in these pics. Some of these are real nice display pieces. I’m going to need a bigger cabnet.

I think I will call this hole, "The Spider Pocket". It has been very memorable and worthy of being named. Have fun, Woody.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Denise
post Dec 3 2012, 08:28 AM
Post #230

Master Mucker!

Sweet finds Woody!! Love the smokeys and the Fluorites. "The Spider Pocket" giggle.gif , you crack me up. Congrats on the great pocket! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
14 User(s) are reading this topic (14 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:09 PM