ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

31 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
My last outing, A Weekly posting
CP
post Jan 30 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #171

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Talk about a terminal case of dig fever!! smiley-shocked003.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Dang that must have been chilly.
Looks like you had a great time though and thanks for sharing the vid, everyone loves to see the field trips.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Woody
post Jan 30 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #172

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,615

Here are two more videos. These are from a much better camera and have good quality. The first one is from this Sunday while I was out looking for Amazonite. The second one shows the results from both Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy, Woody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx0y-UXZv6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh6MAxfWgyU

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member
(currently working hard in the procurement department)

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 2 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #173

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

Very cool videos Woody. Sure makes me want to get out there and dig!!!! excited.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif
Great finds, you sure seem to be digging in a sweet spot. Love the green and purple Fluorites!! Aspen cracked me up, I think she thought you were talking to her and showing her your finds. She was very interested. giggle.gif

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!
happy088.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 6 2012, 05:48 PM
Post #174

Member No.: 6,983

Hi Woody,
You were right about the first vid being a little rough but still good.
The second two that you made were top notch in quality and definitely top notch in finds!!
Very enjoyable to watch and I appreciate you sharing those. Aspen is a show-stealer, give her some scratchins for me. smiley-chores016.gif
Keep up the great work Woody! cheers.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
leonard
post Feb 6 2012, 06:20 PM
Post #175

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Woody @ Jan 30 2012, 02:41 PM) *
Here are two more videos. These are from a much better camera and have good quality. The first one is from this Sunday while I was out looking for Amazonite. The second one shows the results from both Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy, Woody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx0y-UXZv6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh6MAxfWgyU

Here's a link to a flourite mine I visited about 10 years ago. It's been closed and buried now. Heve to keep things safe for the beginners.

http://golddredger.com/fluoritemine/fluorsparmine1.htm

Leonard

+Quote Post
Woody
post Feb 25 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #176

Rock Bar!

Hi all,

Well I haven’t posted much as of late but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been out and about. It just means I’ve been lazy. I had a couple of good outings digging Amazonite and today I went back up there. I wanted to remove some dirt and expose more of a rock wall that had yielded some good specimens the week before. I got down to the level I wanted to get and found a nice seam of color. This place has much potential and more digging is needed. I’ve been getting some help as of late. Colo_heff (aka Bill) came up with me last week and looks to be meeting me up there I the morning. Wish us luck.

Here is a video of the seam I exposed today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7o2pguvTPk

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Woody
post Feb 28 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #177

Rock Bar!

Weekend update,

It took me a while to get this posted. I had a big write-up from the whole weekend but somehow I lost it. So here is the condensed version.

I met back up with Bill on Sunday and he and I worked that seem a little more. It was a little bit of work getting down to where the good stuff is at but well worth it. Once you get pasted the overburden you can start to see individual crystals mixed in with the scree. We have come to realize that the best pieces are coated with a fine, red layer of material that has a consistency comparable to flour. The red is bright enough that it stands out nicely against the rest of the debris. Anytime we find this reddish material work slows down and we start to be more observant.

Here is a picture of the exposed seem.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Woody
post Feb 28 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #178

Rock Bar!

Some of the material we were finding is large enough to slab or carve. As you get down closer to the seem the pieces get bigger.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Woody
post Feb 28 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #179

Rock Bar!

At last I finally found my first true Combo of Smoky Quartz and Amazonite. It is not a beauty like some I have seen but it is my first.

I am looking forward spending more time in this hole, Woody.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Woody
post Mar 11 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #180

Rock Bar!

Headed up on the hill again this weekend.
Myself and Bill was eager to continue the string of good luck we were having in this spot. At first it seemed likely that the good luck would continue but at last I am afraid that this spot is no longer in its prime. The brighter and larger pieces were a little below of what we are now working and the rock wall is about to end. There is still a small section we have not touched so we will still be able to get at least one more good working out of it. Here is a posting of a video from the last time we were up there, Later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lofR92J-n0

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Woody
post Mar 19 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #181

Rock Bar!

Hi All,

Well this weekend I went on another Amazonite dig. I chose a slightly different spot than I had been working recently. It was an area that I had visited many weeks before and at the time I was finding better material in a different location. This time I had intended to just walk past it in route to another spot I wanted to further prospect but something caught my eye and I scratched around a little bit. Boy was I glad I did. Within a few minutes I was finding some really nice material. I even found a few low-grade combos. So here is a short video that is titled, “My Best Colorado Amazonite”. Enjoy, Woody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC4G4IQwveA

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
mikeybrew
post Mar 19 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #182

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6,927

QUOTE (Woody @ Mar 19 2012, 09:33 PM) *
Hi All,

Well this weekend I went on another Amazonite dig. I chose a slightly different spot than I had been working recently. It was an area that I had visited many weeks before and at the time I was finding better material in a different location. This time I had intended to just walk past it in route to another spot I wanted to further prospect but something caught my eye and I scratched around a little bit. Boy was I glad I did. Within a few minutes I was finding some really nice material. I even found a few low-grade combos. So here is a short video that is titled, “My Best Colorado Amazonite”. Enjoy, Woody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC4G4IQwveA

Looks like you found yet another great spot Woody, you've got quite the knack! Some really nice pieces of Amazonite you recovered there!

+Quote Post
Denise
post Mar 20 2012, 07:05 AM
Post #183

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

Fantastic finds Woody! Definately sweet looking Amazonite!! Thanks for sharing the video with us. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Mar 20 2012, 08:28 AM
Post #184

Member No.: 6,983

Woody, those look great! Can't imagine what you've got hiding in that backpack. hmmm chin.gif
As always, love the video too! Aspen looks good and healthy. smiley-chores016.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Woody
post Apr 2 2012, 05:59 AM
Post #185

Rock Bar!

This weekend I went fishing with a buddy in his new boat. The fishing started out fairly well, within 5 minutes I caught a really nice Walleye and soon we both had 2 fish a piece. We decided to move to another location and on the way over he wanted to see what the new boat could do. So with the new boat at its top-end, “which is around 65”, we rounded a Conner and ran right into some ruff waves from another boat. The first wave launched the boat skyward and when we came down the next wave sent the boat into an unexpected hard let turn. This left turn created enough G-Force that it tore my grip from the Oh Jesses handle. I went flying through the air in the Superman position and my unprotected ribs on my right side landed squarely on the Conner of the driver’s console. This turn of events put fishing for the rest of the day very low on my priority list. I was in a heck of a lot of pain and finally conceded that I need to go to the Doc’s. 5 hours later the Doc said everything was still intact which surprised me but hey, I’ll take it. Which brings me to what I did on Sunday;

Not being able to get around much I had a nice specimen of material that I was saving for just such a rainy day. It showed great potential for having lots of hidden Shark Teeth still inside the Sandstone matrix. I intended to completely take it all apart and see how many teeth I could get from just this one little piece but it seems to look best with just a little off the top. Most of the teeth break up during the removal process so I did not wish to damage any more. There is close to 50 teeth and fragments visible in this one section of rock. It took me a long time to do it but for the first time in many a weekend, I had a lot of time on my hands. Have a good one and watch those ribs, Woody.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:58 PM