ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
new gear
720fly
post Aug 6 2014, 03:04 PM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,666

here is the Top runner 2 and the falcon MD20. i put mirical l mat in the TR2 and made a handel for the MD20 ( $1.98 )

ran the TR2 for a couple hours last nigh and got some gold :) so cool how this thing work the material. I'm in love

--------------------
I want nuggets
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Aug 6 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

Yep I missed my chance!

+Quote Post
720fly
post Aug 6 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

For the sake of discussion
What do you guys think of me useing miracle matting ( at a steep angle? ) instead of the moss?
With 18" recovery I'm going back and forth about what to use. The miracle mat caught gold, so I know it can, but at such a steep angle I'm wondering if I letting more gold go then stay.

Please give me some insight

--------------------
I want nuggets

+Quote Post
russau
post Aug 7 2014, 07:16 AM
Post #4

russau

why discard something that's working for you? why pay the price for something else? mirical mat may be great (i haven't tried it) if you want to change mats, try the Vortex belting or Veranda caprpet its a whole lot cheaper and it works great. I use it in my dredges and im VERY happy with it!

+Quote Post
russau
post Aug 7 2014, 07:20 AM
Post #5

russau

after looking at the miracle mats design I think using it in the top runner 2 sluice would break up the material/waters proper flow and wouldn't let either the sluice or the miracle mat to work as intended. Just my .02 worth!

+Quote Post
720fly
post Aug 7 2014, 07:58 AM
Post #6

Shovel Buster!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Love the miracle mat tho, starting to think of puttin the moss back in and maybe sew ( with monofiliment ) the miracle mat to the end and let it float as it sits. Also thinking of makeing a wave curl out of so 1/4 " mesh to throw the big stuff away, and allow the small stuff to run a lenght of miracle mat in proper set up form

--------------------
I want nuggets

+Quote Post
russau
post Aug 7 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #7

russau

Well if it were mine id just run the heck out of it as is and see how it does first! then make that decision! goodluck in any event!

+Quote Post
720fly
post Aug 8 2014, 06:37 AM
Post #8

Shovel Buster!

And that's what I did yesterday, and for the next 3 days to come

--------------------
I want nuggets

+Quote Post
swizz
post Aug 8 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 6,983

It looks like a standard river sluice with 3 sizes of elevated punch-plate over the riffles. Curious how that would work... I'm assuming it's an attempt to cut down on classifying prior to feeding the sluice? It would take a heavy flow to move rough material over the top of those plates. If that's the case my concern would be any negative flow/turbulence effect that the plates might cause to the riffles while it's running. Or.... is the entire sluice supposed to be submerged? If that's the case, it would be impossible to bust up clay.
Interesting design but I'm confused.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
720fly
post Aug 8 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #10

Shovel Buster!

Well I'm still a bit confused as well :) But it is like a dream come true watching it work
Day 1 : ran it with the miracle matting, at a steep angle ( maybe 8-10" of drop ) it caught gold but less gold in the pan than expected. Could have just been the material, or the matting

Day 2: ran it with the moss, and found a place that it sat perfectly in and was at a much lower angle ( 2-3" ) material was processed a bit slower, but caught gold. Once again not as much as I would have exspected considering that I was digging in the sweetest little channel ( packed with roots, in the river not the bank ) but I was also on the ark, so.......

Day 3: back to cashe creek the angle was about 5" deside to dig down some bedrock around the corner, found a little pocket/crevasse maybe a foot long and 2 1/2 - 3" deep :) best dang thing to happen in my I mining so far, I'll post pics in a while ---- GOT MY FIRST TWO PICKERS :):):):):):):) walking' on air right now

I'm still fab'n in my head of attactching more recovery lenght to it the miracle mat off the A52p has a lip on it to go under the other piece of matting for original design. So I can slip that under the edge of the moss and get anther 19" of sluice that I intend to run that section much flatter. Under the matting ( for support of the matting ) I'm thing of maybe useing some heavy gauge soild wire ( say 4 pieces spread out along the bottom of sluice ) that I could bend to each different situation. Just a expirament in the head right now. It's all in the name of science

--------------------
I want nuggets

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:14 PM