ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hard working FT miner seeking spot on mining crew/expedition in Colorado
Kejick
post Mar 11 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 127,975

I'm a prospector, explorer and adventurer living in Colorado Springs, CO. I've worn a lot of different hats over the years, i've spent a lot of time working in emergency medicine/rescue/fire fighting/search & rescue, worked as a professional ski instructor for over a decade, owned a few small businesses, etc. Most recently I worked for REI for a number of years until I moved to COS and the job I was promised was cut due to budget cuts, and since then I have a small handyman/landscaping business and I buy/sell/trade high end outdoors gear & cool stuff.

And that kind of leads to the here and now; I'm looking for a place on a gem mining crew this season in Colorado, preferably on an established claim with the claim owners/crew, but also open to exploratory expeditions on unclaimed land aswell if there are any crew/expedition openings. I currently live in the Colorado Springs area, but am open to spending a week, month or even potentially the entire season of 2017 living in camp & mining on the claim in the back country.

I have experience in gold mining but while I know the fundamentals I do still have much to learn in gemstone mining. However I am a fast learner, and keen to see things others don't see. I have my own backpacking & camping gear, my own hand tools and am ready to begin as soon as it's warm enough & safe enough.

Some of What I have to bring to the table:
Safety Officer; Retired Wilderness EMT, ret. EMT, ret. OECT, ret. Firefighter, ret. Ski Patrol, ret. Search & Rescue, Etc. Access dangers, and work to maintain a safe mining environment, and the health & well-being of crew-members.
Wilderness Guide
Experienced/Expert Outdoorsman
Experienced/Expert Expedition/Outdoors Clothing/Gear Outfitter (I can help to outfit your crew in all the right gear to keep them safe, dry and comfortable on the mountain)
Experienced Back Country Chef that can cook all kinds of great meals, and can cater to dietary requirements, such as Vegetarians/Vegan, Gluten Free, Organic and of course Steak & Potatoes etc.
Hard Working, Motivated, Honest Individual & Miner
Caver
Rescue Climber/Static Line Climbing/Rappelling
Navigator GPS & Map/Compass
Historian & Researcher
CO Resident
Plus a vast array of skills & experience I can contribute!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:36 AM