ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Grizzly Gold Trap vs Gold Hog stream sluice
Evg
post Mar 8 2018, 04:06 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 142,334

Hi everybody.

I have a dilemma what sluice to get. Grizzly Gold Trap or Gold Hog (or any other stream sluice). What I like about Grizzly is that I can get away with not classifying dirt and just shovel into it. At the same time how often cleanouts should be done? Every 5-10-15 buckets? How good it's at catching fine gold? Is it easier or harder to setup compared to regular stream sluices? Is there stream sluice on the market with grizzly bars? Just want to know your opinion and personal preferences.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Crusty
post Mar 8 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

I had a Bazooka, which the GGT is designed from. Liked it, but the improvements made to the GGT make it much better. But as DD mentioned above, you do need a spot with decent flow to set it up in. After that, you can shovel away for a couple hours between cleanouts.

I've test panned my tailings numerous times and rarely find a speck. Losses are insignificant, even with Colorado skeeter poop.

No perfect sluice for every situation, but if you're able to shovel straight out of the creek in to your sluice, or close enough to fill a bucket and feed it that way, it is my go to!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Evg
post Mar 8 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 142,334

QUOTE (Crusty @ Mar 8 2018, 05:54 PM) *
I had a Bazooka, which the GGT is designed from. Liked it, but the improvements made to the GGT make it much better. But as DD mentioned above, you do need a spot with decent flow to set it up in. After that, you can shovel away for a couple hours between cleanouts.

I've test panned my tailings numerous times and rarely find a speck. Losses are insignificant, even with Colorado skeeter poop.

No perfect sluice for every situation, but if you're able to shovel straight out of the creek in to your sluice, or close enough to fill a bucket and feed it that way, it is my go to!

Well here few pictures of the creek on my claim

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:47 AM