ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Phoenix Mine Tour
goldchef
post Mar 3 2014, 05:50 PM
Post #31

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,840

QUOTE (goldchef @ Mar 3 2014, 05:46 PM) *
heres some argo pics

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonard
post Mar 4 2014, 10:17 AM
Post #32

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Mar 2 2014, 03:40 PM) *
Wow! That's an impressive assignment! Did you work at Lockheed Martin by chance?

Thats a little too new for me. Location wise yes. I worked at the Waterton plant for Martin-Murietta on the Skylab project in the early 70's. I worked in the experiment depot on the experiments that went up in the Multiple Docking Adapter, mainly the Earth resources Telescope package. After that, I went to Rocky Flats for a few years.

Leonard

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Mar 4 2014, 01:00 PM
Post #33

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Ahh that's cool!!!! My father on law worked there for many years testing and welding. He was forced onto retirement about 7 years ago due to emphysema. I was wondering if you knew them.

+Quote Post
leonard
post Mar 4 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #34

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Mar 4 2014, 12:00 PM) *
Ahh that's cool!!!! My father on law worked there for many years testing and welding. He was forced onto retirement about 7 years ago due to emphysema. I was wondering if you knew them.

I left there in about 1972-1973. In 1977 I went to the Denver Fire Department for 33 years. My best job ever!.

Leonard

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Mar 4 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #35

Master Mucker!

Ahh, he worked there starting in the late 70s. Well, at least you did something you love instead!

QUOTE (leonard @ Mar 4 2014, 03:21 PM) *
I left there in about 1972-1973. In 1977 I went to the Denver Fire Department for 33 years. My best job ever!.

Leonard

+Quote Post
leonard
post Mar 4 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #36

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Mar 4 2014, 12:00 PM) *

You are new to the forum. You might not know that I invite everyone to Douglas Creek in Wyoming, 40 miles from Laramie, for the 4th of July weekend. There's usually a group of a dozen or so from around here. We mainly dredge but we invite anyone to my claim. The same goes for most Labor Days on the Arkansas River near Buena Vista. If you want to try out dredging, thats the time to do it. http://golddredgervideo.com/prospecting/4j...screekpart1.wmv http://golddredgervideo.com/prospecting/4j...screekpart2.wmv Thats from 2010. For more videos take a look at http://golddredgervideo.com/menu.htm There are a lot more videos there.

Look at http://golddredgervideo.com/prospecting/rmmr.wmv Dan and Denise sponsered the Rocky Mountain Miners rally in 2004 at the Argo Mill in Idaho springs. In that video are a whole lot of mining big wigs in the small time mining group world wide. You'll see Dan and Denise both.When you see a yellow dredge, thats mine. We had a great time all getting together. Dan and denise worked their butts off to sponser the rally. If you get a chance to come to one of our campouts, you'll hear stories that you won't ever forget.
Leonard

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Mar 4 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #37

Master Mucker!

As a proud member of CP I cannot wait until the rallies and group get togethers, it's the main reason I joined!

+Quote Post
RhodoRose
post Mar 4 2014, 11:31 PM
Post #38

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 86,914

cheers.gif
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Mar 2 2014, 10:03 PM) *
I've been accused of the same, just for different reasons!

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Mar 5 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #39

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (RhodoRose @ Mar 4 2014, 10:31 PM) *
cheers.gif

CHEERS!!!

+Quote Post
dbx
post Mar 5 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #40

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 51,779

Just noticed on Phoenix mine FaceBook - Al's wife passed away.
I hadn't met her, but R.I.P.

--------------------
-dbx-

+Quote Post
Shane
post Mar 8 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #41

Observer

Member No.: 116,909

Hi everyone!

I'm brand spanking new here and figured I'd place the inevitable first post. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

While randomly browsing the forum, I noticed that this thread mentioned the Argo gold mine tour. Since I've passed by this location multiple times on the way to the mountains for snowboarding, I was thoroughly interested in visiting it. I'm glad everyone provided their input about how the mines are now off limits. Because they are, I can say that I'm not as interested in checking them out now.

With all of that being said, has anyone checked out the tours in Cripple Creek? My wife and I went gambling there in December and saw all the tours associated with the mines, which definitely struck our curiosity. Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
A newbie in rock-hounding and prospecting.

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Mar 10 2014, 07:04 AM
Post #42

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

QUOTE (Shane @ Mar 8 2014, 03:47 PM) *
Hi everyone!

I'm brand spanking new here and figured I'd place the inevitable first post. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

While randomly browsing the forum, I noticed that this thread mentioned the Argo gold mine tour. Since I've passed by this location multiple times on the way to the mountains for snowboarding, I was thoroughly interested in visiting it. I'm glad everyone provided their input about how the mines are now off limits. Because they are, I can say that I'm not as interested in checking them out now.

With all of that being said, has anyone checked out the tours in Cripple Creek? My wife and I went gambling there in December and saw all the tours associated with the mines, which definitely struck our curiosity. Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome!

I've heard the Molly Katherine is a good tour; just haven't managed to find time to stop yet (in too big a hurry to "contribute to the local economy lol)

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
leonard
post Mar 10 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #43

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (Crusty @ Mar 10 2014, 06:04 AM) *
Welcome!

I've heard the Molly Katherine is a good tour; just haven't managed to find time to stop yet (in too big a hurry to "contribute to the local economy lol)

The Molly Kathleen tour http://www.goldminetours.com/goldminetours.com/Home.html was great about 15 years ago when I took my kids. They and I loved it.
Leonard

+Quote Post
Shane
post Mar 12 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #44

Observer

Member No.: 116,909

Thanks for the info guys! The misses and I will have to check it out.

--------------------
A newbie in rock-hounding and prospecting.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:04 PM