ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Club Member Outings with Mike!
Crusty
post May 17 2016, 02:47 PM
Post #16

Master Mucker!

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,915

happy070.gif

Mrs Crusty whupped up some cowboy foil pack dinners, which turned out AMAZING!! She mashed up a layer of tater tots on the bottom, so when they heated up in the dutch oven, they got nice and crispy. They were a big hit!! drool.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusty
post May 17 2016, 02:53 PM
Post #17

Master Mucker!

Weather most of the day Saturday was great; we just had a quick squall roll through and we hunkered down under one of the big rock shelters

James and Cyndi showed up with AJ. He's such a great kid and fun to have out at the claim!!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Crusty
post May 17 2016, 02:55 PM
Post #18

Master Mucker!

On Saturday night we had some more cowboy dinner goodness and I whupped up an apple crisp in the dutch oven
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Crusty
post May 17 2016, 02:59 PM
Post #19

Master Mucker!

We all worked the same area on Saturday afternoon. Mike and I opened up a big hole, but didn't find much of anything.

The rest worked one of the existing holes and it produced some cool finds.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Crusty
post May 17 2016, 03:03 PM
Post #20

Master Mucker!

Only Mike, Dave, and I went out Sunday. It is always a LONG walk in on the 3rd day lol

Once we crested the hill, we saw the entire valley was socked in with rain, so we hunkered down in a shelter, built a fire, and relaxed for a bit. Then Mike couldn't wait any longer and went out and dig in the rain lol

And I got a bonus find!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
James and Cyndi
post May 17 2016, 07:38 PM
Post #21

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,144

Thanks to MikeS for another fun outing. Got a couple smokies and Cyndi found her first terminated crystal.
Those are great pics Crusty. Thanks again for the grub too.
To answer your question; Cyndi and I both have Facebook accounts, but neither of us are very active with them.

--------------------
CP Lifetime Members

+Quote Post
Denise
post May 18 2016, 08:31 AM
Post #22

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I would have loved to have been there, it looks like you all had a great time!! Fantastic pictures Crusty!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
EMac
post May 18 2016, 08:39 AM
Post #23

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

Damn...looks like y'all had fun. I hope to join you on these group trips in the future for sure. Gorgeous view of the sun on the mountains, and I'd like to find my own terminated crystal one day.

Not sure I'll have a beard to compete with everyone though...

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
MikeS
post May 18 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #24

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 116,265

First a big THANK YOU to all the Club Members who make this Club possible! Past, present and future! Thanks Crusty and Carol for the delicious dinners and dessert!

I had a great weekend digging on the claim with fellow Club Members! I found a few small quartz crystals terminations the first 2 days after moving lots of dirt and rock. On day 3 I found a few fluorite crystals, a damaged Goethite spray and a set of little smokies covered in Goethite with little sprays between them I was able to get a little bit of video from all 3 Days.

CP Club outing at my claim

After the video ends I did get into little pockets of quartz with fluorite and Goethite. I set the little Goethite sprays on my plastic scoop and 10 min. later I grabbed the scoop and started scooping dirt forgetting there was Geothite and Fluorite in there. OOppps! slaphead.gif I did not find them in the rubble. I was still happy to find the trend of pockets there at the old Goethite hole and left something to come back to.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CP
post May 19 2016, 11:08 AM
Post #25

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Wow! Another super dig gathering with good food and great people! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thank you MikeS and the rest of you for sharing the adventure, pics and vids.....and most especially thanks for being you!! CP_Member.gif Who wouldn't want to be part of this awesome club and group of folks!! smiley-cool14.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
MikeS
post May 31 2016, 04:49 PM
Post #26

Rock Bar!

I had another awesome weekend digging with CP Club Members! Thanks for the awesome dinners Crusty! We tested this creek for 3 days. I did not see the size or amounts of gold that I am looking for but I did come away with a better understanding of the gold deposits in the area. We found a very old sedimentary layer with gold bearing gravels in it. Even though this layer proved to be less productive then other layers like it that I have seen, it was nice to see one exposed on dry land to have a good cross section of the layer and surrounding layers. I only got 3 pics of the trip and a little video. Give me a few days on the video part but here are my few pics of the weekend.

Day 1 Crusty works his dredge while I run my sluice. We made sure to properly reclaim our holes on Monday before leaving.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Jul 25 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #27

Rock Bar!

Another great weekend with Club Members at the claim! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
At first it looked like no one was gonna make it so Dave and I decided to avoid hiking/digging in the heat by hiking up to the claim at midnight and working it to noontime. I started working a hole that has shown some signs of large goethite pockets. I hit a pocket with lots of quartz and a few medium sized goethite sprays.

Smokey quartz from 1st day.
Attached Image

Goethite from the 1st day.

Attached Image

Dave and I headed back to camp for the afternoon to be ready for another midnight hike. We met up with Colin and Glenda and Colin decided to come up with us at midnight. I continued to pull out medium sized goethite, smokies and a few nice fluorite crystals. I convinced Colin to dig next to me to find more pockets knowing there could be some big ones. He hit a large pocket with some of the biggest and finest goethite and fluorite crystals I have seen come from my claim. I snapped a few pics of the monster goethite with Dave's camera. I will post those pics tomorrow if I can. Here is what I pulled out for day 2.

Goethite day 2. There is a smokey also with goethite on the side of it.

Attached Image

Fluorite

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Jul 26 2016, 11:08 AM
Post #28

Rock Bar!

More pics from Dave's camera.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Smokey with goethite on the side.

Attached Image

Hematite rosette.

Attached Image

Goethite spray with spindle.

Attached Image

Fluorite.

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
MikeS
post Jul 26 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #29

Rock Bar!

Sunday morning Colin hit a nice sized pocket with some monster goethite and very nice fluorite. I grabbed Dave's camera and took a few pics of the goethite fresh out of the pocket.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jul 26 2016, 12:13 PM
Post #30

Master Mucker!

DAMN! Colin hit the motherlode!

lots of good looking finds!

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:40 AM