ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
lets go prospecting
prospector
post Jan 15 2015, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,032

I think its going to be nice enough out this weekend 1/17 1/18 nice enough to get out and move some material im planning on going near the state line area to look around if any one wants to meet up please feel free to contact me I live in Laporte and will head up from there
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 15 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

smileywaving.gif Hi prospector and welcome to the CP forums! Thanks for the invite. Were you lucky enough to find an open spot to prospect or are you a claim owner in that area?...If you don't mind me asking since you are inviting folks. It helps with the invite knowing these things. smile.gif

Make yourself at home around the website and forums.
Good luck on your prospecting!
cheers.gif

Denise

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
prospector
post Jan 15 2015, 01:58 PM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jan 15 2015, 12:29 PM) *
smileywaving.gif Hi prospector and welcome to the CP forums! Thanks for the invite. Were you lucky enough to find an open spot to prospect or are you a claim owner in that area?...If you don't mind me asking since you are inviting folks. It helps with the invite knowing these things. smile.gif Make yourself at home around the website and forums. Good luck on your prospecting! cheers.gif Denise

hello! no I do not have a claim right now. I mostly look for kimberlite indicator minerals or gold when I go out. mostly pan or run the sluice box. I usualy go up near red feather lakes area. or up the poudre canyon. after doing a lot of research and LR2000 mapping I have found many mine shafts and other interesting finds in the area! I will soon post a picture of the garnets I have collected and put in a small bottle

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jan 15 2015, 02:09 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Just out of curiosity have you also searched for patented claims at the state line area? If you haven't I strongly recommend that you do! I would hate for anyone to get busted for mineral theft/ trespass. Unfortunately the law doesn't accept "I didn't know". Just watching your back! Welcome to the group prospector!

+Quote Post
prospector
post Jan 15 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Jan 15 2015, 01:09 PM) *
Just out of curiosity have you also searched for patented claims at the state line area? If you haven't I strongly recommend that you do! I would hate for anyone to get busted for mineral theft/ trespass. Unfortunately the law doesn't accept "I didn't know". Just watching your back! Welcome to the group prospector!

yes mam I have talked to MR. Tonko quite a bit. he actually has claimed most of the kimberlite pipes in the area and also has provided a map showing his claimed areas. I have access to some private land but mostly work BLM or NF land.

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jan 15 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #6

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Well that is fantastic!!!! I hope you find copious amounts of the good stuff! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

+Quote Post
prospector
post Jan 15 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #7

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Jan 15 2015, 01:18 PM) *
Well that is fantastic!!!! I hope you find copious amounts of the good stuff! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

thank you it is incredible that we live in such a unique area

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jan 15 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (prospector @ Jan 15 2015, 01:14 PM) *
I have talked to MR. Tonko quite a bit. he actually has claimed most of the kimberlite pipes in the area and also has provided a map showing his claimed areas. I have access to some private land but mostly work BLM or NF land.

Very good 'prospector'! Welcome to CP forums and I am extremely happy to hear that you are conscientious of the lands you are prospecting. signs021.gif sign0016.gif
That's pretty much what we're about here.... helping everyone to prospect legally and enjoy the resources that we are so lucky to have abundant in our state. Johnny is a good man and you are wise to have consulted him. I know that's a very tricky area. If we can be of any assistance during your research or prospecting efforts please don't hesitate to ask. I believe this club to be the best that the internet has to offer in terms of research and personal guidance.... in Colorado and beyond!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 15 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #9

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got an interesting area to poke around in! Can't make this weekend, but maybe I'll catch you next time!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
prospector
post Jan 15 2015, 04:15 PM
Post #10

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Crusty @ Jan 15 2015, 02:46 PM) *
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got an interesting area to poke around in! Can't make this weekend, but maybe I'll catch you next time!

thanks!! the one thing I like about the area outside of my house is that there are not too many people out looking for anything. more for us!! I found descent gold in my back yard last summer while building my 2" dredge. I am more fascinated my the quantity of spessartite garnet found in just a hand full of material. great diamond indicator minerals. I will post a picture tonight of the ones I have collected. feel free to get ahold of me I go out all the time but its not as fun to go all alone.

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 15 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #11

Master Mucker!

There were a few of us talking about going somewhere south this weekend, towards Canyon City, but I did throw out the suggestion of heading north.

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
prospector
post Jan 15 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #12

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Crusty @ Jan 15 2015, 03:32 PM) *
There were a few of us talking about going somewhere south this weekend, towards Canyon City, but I did throw out the suggestion of heading north.

ok ya let me know even if you do go to the canyon city area I might be able to get up there but I live in LaPorte area

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 15 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #13

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (prospector @ Jan 15 2015, 03:34 PM) *
ok ya let me know even if you do go to the canyon city area I might be able to get up there but I live in LaPorte area

Maybe that picture of your finds might convince folks to head north! lol

There are a couple of us in the springs and a few up in the Denver neck of the woods. Only a 3 hour drive... no problem if we leave early! lol

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
prospector
post Jan 15 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #14

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (Crusty @ Jan 15 2015, 03:38 PM) *
Maybe that picture of your finds might convince folks to head north! lol There are a couple of us in the springs and a few up in the Denver neck of the woods. Only a 3 hour drive... no problem if we leave early! lol

ya I know the driving is the worst! have you ever been to the Arkansas river? there is a good GPAA gold claim up there also soda creek is decent. I have been trying to look up old lost claims from the past and see what they now produce there is a really cool website I think you might find helpful unless you already know of it http://westernmininghistory.com/mine_state/colorado

also what are you guys looking for gold?

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Jan 15 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #15

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (prospector @ Jan 15 2015, 03:57 PM) *
ya I know the driving is the worst! have you ever been to the Arkansas river? there is a good GPAA gold claim up there also soda creek is decent. I have been trying to look up old lost claims from the past and see what they now produce there is a really cool website I think you might find helpful unless you already know of it http://westernmininghistory.com/mine_state/colorado

also what are you guys looking for gold?

I'm sure the GPAA folks are nice and well-intention, but mentioning their group claims around these parts is kinda like stepping on a land mine. One of the primary missions of this club is to teach folks about their rights when it comes to prospecting and mining and how to stake their own claims. Securing a claim for group use isn't true "mining intent".

The crowd going this weekend is more of a "rock kicking" crowd. I like to dabble in both rockhounding and gold. Just got in to gold this summer, after finding this club and the awesome folks in it who are very willing to share the smarts they've learned to rookies like me! Was so convinced this was the place for me I joined as a life member. CP_Member.gif

--------------------

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:18 AM