ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Home Schooling ?, Free thinking? or raising Rebels?
Redpaw
post Sep 22 2004, 01:35 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

What an eye opener this column is, I found that unless your kid(s) is/are regularly doped up with Ritalin and other ADD Medication your thought of as an outcast and raising a future terrorist because they won't be brainwashed to the current thinking process.

Portraying the Picture

"The exercise will simulate an attack by a fictitious radical group called Wackos Against Schools and Education who believe everyone should be homeschooled. Under the scenario, a bomb is placed on the bus and is detonated while the bus is traveling on Durham, causing the bus to land on its side and fill with smoke."

This is not a joke. A taxpayer-funded drill is using public school students to enforce anti-homeschooling bigotry under the guise of preparing for terrorism.

"It's scary that you can't voice an opinion in this country without being called a terrorist. . . . I don't care if it was a joke or what it was, that was a totally inappropriate comment."

So in closing folks, I'd like to remind you to send your children to school today and tell them to drink the koolaid and everything that comes out of that educators mouth should be folllowed to the letter because it all for a good cause to show that unless your one of us Koolaid drinkers...your one of them.

Remember the slogan "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" so pass the Meds and sit down in front of the TV because Will and Grace moral values are being taught instead of Leave it to Beaver and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

mommy do I chew these or do I swallow them?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russau
post Sep 23 2004, 04:10 AM
Post #2

russau

Member No.: 43

very inapropriate indeed! this exercise is helping her sell her book that is listed below her artical! this is a very inconsiderate thing to do by her to sell her book!

+Quote Post
sgaolson
post Sep 23 2004, 01:54 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 81

Russ, I think you may have missed understood the article. I have read several of Michelle Malkin's books and this women is one of the most conservative people out there. The point she is trying to make is the school district's subliminal effort to portray home schoolers as terrorist. Naming the group as "wackos against schools and education" is just the start.
The liberal public school district administrations of our country are facing a crisis. With failing students, low "SAT" scores and, a drop out rate that exceeds any previous time in our history, the public school folks are scrambling to put the blame on anyone but themselves. The possiblity of reduce funding because of the current administration's push for school vouchers has these people scared.
I'm not saying that all teachers are bad. There are a lot of good teachers in our communities but we are seeing a lot of them leaving public education to enter private education or leave education all together. Or, they cannot get a job in public education because there are so many teachers that are just riding it out until they can get their pensions. You should be able to relate to that one Russ. And, those sufferingfor it, are our children, the future leaders of this country.
A lot of people watch Jay Leno and laugh at his "Man on the Street' interviews. These aren't funny, they're sad. These young people are our future. and they can't tell you who's buried in Grant's Tomb. They can't tell you what war Pearl Harbor took place in. They can't tell you how many state senators there are, or where do they meet at.
Sorry I didn't mean to lecture. When you see the winner's of the national spelling bee's are first generation Americans of Asian. Arab or, Indian desent, it makes you wonder where the third or fourth generation American kids are. Playing video games? smoking pot? here in St. Louis we have had a rash of 14 year olds stealing cars to go for "Joy Rides". A few weeks ago one killed some folks while trying to get away from the cops.
Let's face it, Public Education is not working. We need more incentives for home schooling. We need politicians that support school vouchers. Let's make the schools competative. If they had to compete to get students to pick their school for an education maybe they would do a little better job with what they have.
As far as Michelle Malkin's books, she has one out and I can't remember the title. But it is about how terrorist are using our immigration laws to get into our country. I guarantee it will scare the s#@t out of you :(

--------------------
"Nobody get's in to see the Wizard, not nobody not no how."

+Quote Post
russau
post Sep 25 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #4

russau

garry, i sit corrected! thankyou for pointing this out to me!

+Quote Post
sgaolson
post Sep 25 2004, 09:56 AM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 81

I would never critize Santa Claus :P :P :P :P

--------------------
"Nobody get's in to see the Wizard, not nobody not no how."

+Quote Post
russau
post Sep 25 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #6

russau

well it just goes to show you, public skouls aint so hot! but i ben learned!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:40 AM