ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Let Your Voice Be Heard, Voice of wisdom
Denise
post Jan 19 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Where a single voice may be reduced to a whisper in the wind, the voice of the many carries a clear message that can be heard above the roar of the tempest. It is time for us to take an active role in the development of our future in mining and mineral industries. It is time for our voices to be heard.

Independent miners are an endangered species! If we do not stand together now, we will fade away and our prudent mining claims will eventually become government operated fee-digging areas open to the general public.
Mining, agriculture and timbering built this nation. These industries are now being regulated right out of existence by various public land management agencies and private organizations focused on preserving wilderness areas.

When these agencies were created, it was their primary objective to protect the environment from degradation and pollution caused by industrial activity. We can all agree that there must be some regulatory provision to accomplish this goal, and that the wise management of natural resources is in the best interest of the entire public.

But whom do we call on for help when these agencies fail in their obligation to assist us in this responsibility? What can we do if an agency decides to prevent or prohibit our activities for arbitrary and capricious reasons when we know that we have the right to conduct our operations lawfully? What if an agency does not adhere to the regulations it has prescribed for the rest of us to follow? Who will help us?

If we stand alone, no one may ever even hear our cry for help. But if we stand together, we will not be ignored. It is the responsibility of our government to help us, but we must be loud enough to be heard. First, we must call on each other. We must make the time to become involved with those around us who also treasure their right to mine valid claims. We must share our experiences and our knowledge. We must voice our opinions and support each other on important issues that will set a precedent for everyone.

Through awareness, we can gain strength, and our voice will be louder. It is easy for an agency to ignore or misplace a single letter, or to mislead an uneducated person. But if we all write letters, they will not be ignored. If we help each other out, we will not be so naive and confused. Instead of having our questions and concerns trivialized by agency officials, we will begin to see our needs and goals being acknowledged and taken seriously.

It is not our goal to change the law. It is our goal to make sure that the agencies that administer regulatory authority follow their own directives and procedures and treat us fairly and in a manner that is consistent with the objectives of the Mining Laws and land management responsibilities. Together, we can achieve this goal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Redpaw
post Jan 19 2004, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

Very well said,
I have found that alot of different user groups think that all we do as miners is mine, they have this impression that we do not hunt, fish, drive off-road, camp, walk, hike, sunbathe, cliff dive, or most other Outdoor activities that they themselves are involved in.

For years I lived right on the Oregon Coast and regularly flew the high performance stunt kites used in tournaments and competitions, most people I met would never have guessed that I was also an avid 4 X 4er and Fisherman to boot. It is with these stereotypes that we are divided into user groups and thus segregated into areas where our specific activity can take place only.

God forbid that I show up on the beach or river with a Horse trailer, a ATV, and a Kite and want to recreate in one area as I would be forced to travel to 3 different areas. I am finding complete segregation of user groups and the subsequent dividing of these groups by governing agencies in their rules and regulations thus creating the hardships and divisions we are currently encountering.

I hate to see and hear on a common occurence the consistent badmouthing of one group towards the other, This is what agencies have created through Media mistruths about user groups and we all are subject to hearing it.

Whenever I hear a Rafter or a Fisherman or a Hiker repeating these statements I internally cringe at the mentality of their pre-set socially engineered cro-magnon thinking and I walk right over and offer to enlighten them to which they are usually amazed at what they have been told to think is in direct inconsistence to everything they have believed for so long.

Education, Education, Education, The next time your out prospecting and you see someone watching you and they look like they are interested, I ask you to invite them over and educate them a little differently than what they get from the magic box in their entertainment center at home.

If we have the education, then all the government issues will be much easier to confront with facts and actual experience that we have shown others. To hold the government agencies accountable, we must EDUCATE the drones from the magic box and get them interested in the facts pertaining to the outdoors and our way of life.

Find local Chat / Forums in your area that involve other activities you do, and join them in discussions about your other hobbies or way of life. i currently subsribe to 18 different forums based on all sorts of hobbies that my family participates in. almost everyone is aware of the segregation of users based on biased groups wanting your activity out of the way of theirs.

Communication, Education, Recreation, are just the start for all of us.

See you in the rivers with a Kite, Horse, Dog, Raft, BEER & DREDGE in no particular order.

Redpaw

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 19 2004, 12:01 PM
Post #3

Master Mucker!

Dan told me he got it from Anita........ smile.gif ..So she could very easily be the writer.
I'll get back to you on that one, but I do know it's someone I want on my side.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
russau
post Jan 19 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #4

russau

Member No.: 43

lots of deep thinking going on here!! i agree!!!

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 20 2004, 10:07 AM
Post #5

Master Mucker!

It's Confirmed
It was Anita that wrote that. She told Dan to post it, because she was affraid she was posting too much. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Get in here girl...and let that voice be heard!
You could never post to much in here.
wink.gif

We hope to hear more from you soon.
Denise

--------------------

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Redpaw
post Jan 20 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

very well written and tell her for us will you. !!

Incase you don't get her the message....

HEY ANITA COME BACK

its wintertime, you can split wood tomorrow and process the fines tonight... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 3 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #7

Master Mucker!

They are working on getting connected to the internet, so it shouldn't be long now before they are in here posting again. But I will pass on your message to her.

--------------------

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Denise
post Apr 1 2005, 07:09 AM
Post #8

Master Mucker!

I just wanterd to bring this back up to the top . biggrin.gif

--------------------

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Redpaw
post Apr 1 2005, 11:26 AM
Post #9

Rock Bar!

Still a good read.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post May 11 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #10

Master Mucker!

Just a reminder how one voice can make a differance.

Let your voice be heard!!

--------------------

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
rokonrandy
post May 17 2009, 07:56 AM
Post #11

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 232

QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ May 11 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Just a reminder how one voice can make a differance.

Let your voice be heard!!

Gold Dredging in Ca. Has anyone seen anything on TV or in the newspaper in the past month or so on this issue? please respond. This is the same post I made on Rokon World about 2 weeks or so before the news paper articale came out in the Sacramento news paper about AB 1032 by Wolk. If things are as they seem then some one will get a ego trip going and get some press on this issue, There are 30 pluse million people in California and the word is not getting out, if some one does a articale and does follow up then the word is getting out. Follow up does not mean give up, real important to remember this. I can not help u if u do not help your selves. This should be good, anyone willing to write a resolution declaring your triditional rights to search for gold in the rivers and streams for your pleasure and challenge of man hood. DO IT R

+Quote Post
russau
post May 18 2009, 05:35 AM
Post #12

russau

info about this is all over the net! the new 49ers, gpaa, 49ermike, leonard leepers site, emails.....California comments and out of state people need to fax their comments in by noon today to be there in time for the vote.

+Quote Post
rokonrandy
post Jun 19 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #13

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 232

Russau this is not real it can not be real turn your brain on. a life time of bad choices and you keep showing it. All the web sights in the world. you are part of the problem. 38 million people in California and a issue that is just un beleivable. Ok this is beyond words that I can put here. The internet, this is all you can do? It is summer where is the news Do your self a favor. R another case of mind boggling

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 19 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #14

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

I don't think we need to be singling anyone out here Randy. Russ has been involved in trying to attract new attention/people to prospecting for years and when ColoradoProspector hosted the Rocky Mountain Miners Rally in 2004, Russ was the one who helped out the most while there......spent the entire time at the greeting booth and interacted with some where near 1500 people over 3 days.

I'm also pretty certain it wasn't Russ's assigned duty to "get the word out" on the net for the issue AB1032 (now is SB670 I think) you mentioned...........Why wasn't it exposed or talked about more? Good question because I agree, more knowing sure would help I would think. Maybe you should be asking those who are supposed to be "getting the word out".....and continually asking for money to do so.

Personally I'd like to see more posts/interactions on these types of topics here too, but some folks just aren't into the discussions....doesn't mean they aren't reading, learning and or interacting as citizens on issues. While you might not feel someones attempts are what is needed, I feel more constructive/instructive posting would be more helpful.....not just by anyone person, but in general by all. How to respond on issues or how not too....etc. Why is it important to respond and what happens if they don't? Not the issue itself, but what about the rights lost.....ie right to be involved in actions against later or not.
While there are many groups fighting against anti mining groups..........sending them money should never replace ones own participation at the citizens levels.

On a side note.......recent articles claim the internet news is not only reported much faster but also is much more accurate.
Good way to get the word out I would say.

Ok, lets keep things constructive. We are all in this together, and we all do what we can how we can. happy088.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
russau
post Jun 22 2009, 04:51 AM
Post #15

russau

QUOTE (rokonrandy @ Jun 19 2009, 10:10 AM) *
Russau this is not real it can not be real turn your brain on. a life time of bad choices and you keep showing it. All the web sights in the world. you are part of the problem. 38 million people in California and a issue that is just un beleivable. Ok this is beyond words that I can put here. The internet, this is all you can do? It is summer where is the news Do your self a favor. R another case of mind boggling

Randy i really dont understand where your coming from with your answer.i belong to several clubs/organizations((PLP,resources coalition,and others)i have been making cash donations to these and other grouops.i have been spreading this and a lot of other info out to the websites for all to read. i have sent my comments in, i have called different states, and i have contacted tv stations/newspapers of this and other info pertaining to mining,potential new laws and such. do ing this is almost a full time job!as i see it, most people in small scale mining dont want tobe bothered by this political stuff, and they dont even lift a finger to do anything........so why am i the problem? what is it that i said or do that you say that im the problem and i need to turn my brain on?? you may be correct! i might! but id like you to expalin it to me so i will know also!and im not trying to start anything! id just like an explaination.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:06 AM