ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
MUST GOOO MINING!!, MUST GOOO MINING!!
NewRockHounder
post Nov 14 2014, 11:03 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,890

MUST GOOO MINING!! MUST GOOO MINING!! MUST GOOO MINING!! - I'm going crazy already - the start of winter.... is that normal? smiley-laughing021.gif

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denise
post Nov 15 2014, 06:59 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

laugh.gif That's completely normal Colin! But just think..........winter hasn't even begun yet. wacko.gif biggrin.gif

Times like this are best used cleaning out concentrates or cleaning previously pulled dirty specimens I think.

Hang in there!

Attached Image

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 15 2014, 07:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,983

I think it's normal too. I get the cabin fever pretty easy but combat it with winter projects as Denise suggested. I have various mineral/fossil stuff set aside from the season and will be back to knifemaking also. That.... and mineral/land status research are the things that get me through winter. I mix in a little winter flyfishing since we have open tailwaters up here and a few ice fishing trips with friends. I've found these things make the long winters pretty tolerable up here. These are the things I found to supplement anyway, it's different for everybody. My knees are fairly shot so no more skiing/boarding, and I used to teach both here. If I don't have something on the plate at all times... I go stir crazy, which leads to the cabin fever. wacko.gif
I'm fever-free............ for now.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Nov 15 2014, 09:29 AM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

We all get the fever I think! I'll work cons and land research like swizzle-stick said. Fortunately I also have Skyrim and most importantly; my lil squishy to keep occupied.

+Quote Post
Woody
post Nov 15 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 15,615

I used to watch the approach of winter with great anticipation. For winter was the season of trapping. I had a trap line and that sure keeps a person busy during the time they are running it. The colder the better, the pelts were that much thicker and prices were higher. Now days the only legal trapping devise is a cage, no conifers or leg holds allowed. Colorado passed this law a while back. I know this is only my option, and it is politically based, but I hate it when a bill like that is passed by voters who likely not one in 1,000 of them ever trapped or skinned an animal. Anywho.... yeah, what they said. I have to find winter projects and have more and more people tell me what I can and can not do!

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member
(currently working hard in the procurement department)

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 15 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Your statements Woody, make me want to meet you more and more. Anywho, I don't have a lot of winter projects... is my problem. Research only takes so long, if you know what yer looking for. On a rather left field note, winter is here for me (already had to walk to work) my tires have been bald since...'09 sooo... anything - be it half an inch, my truck, TRUCK mind you, even in 4 wheel drive, slides all around - parked cars... hellooo life sized pinball. So any chance of getting up to mountains... is a lost cause for me - until I can afford new tires.. but as always, I've got a lot of crap to buy/bills to be had, and the yada yada. I've been going stir crazy the last few weeks... excited.gif Anyone wanna pick me up? LOL - Show ya my new pocketed area.. happy112.gif

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
swizz
post Nov 15 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Nov 15 2014, 12:24 PM) *
Anywho, I don't have a lot of winter projects... is my problem.

Here... make one of these, that should keep you busy for a little while: Shoestring Budget Trommel

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 15 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #8

Rock Bar!

Love it! Might improve it a bit, good thing I have all the supplies needed. Should take me roughly 3-4 hours to complete. Won't do right this moment however, as I'm cleaning up my pieces and odds n ends from Endless. "Tossing out," quite a bit, but I want full crystals. Not just pieces...

I'll prob have pics up later tonight, if not, tomorrie fosho.

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
tpmurcon
post Nov 16 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #9

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 118,256

Take a trip through zales, the smell helps!

--------------------
Thomas Powell

+Quote Post
Denise
post Nov 18 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #10

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

laugh.gif Too funny!! That could help till one gets in trouble for drooling all over the display cases. drool.gif smiley-laughing021.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Nov 18 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #11

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 116,305

Psh, drool is just homemade windex!

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 19 2014, 12:17 PM
Post #12

Rock Bar!

Ok... so I underestimated the time needed to deconstruct and reconstruct that trommel. eating-popcorn-03.gif It will make, among another I thought up - in the desconstruction, of the idea... of the trommel, winter projects - interesting. To say the least.

On a left field note (Oh left field, my old friend) If the roads are good... for the mountains... Sight on seen,in a sorta kinda way, that's not so much in a not so sorta kinda way. If you follow me. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I'll be getting in my final attempt at hounding before old man winter kicks me in the face. emoticon-object-024.gif Since I have the day off - worse case, I get as far as I can (truck to road or truck to ... well, anything really) Pray to jeebas it's not on private land and look for a place to dig. Make the most of the day.

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
lostnewb
post Nov 20 2014, 08:28 AM
Post #13

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 91,383

QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Nov 19 2014, 11:17 AM) *
Ok... so I underestimated the time needed to deconstruct and reconstruct that trommel. eating-popcorn-03.gif It will make, among another I thought up - in the desconstruction, of the idea... of the trommel, winter projects - interesting. To say the least.

On a left field note (Oh left field, my old friend) If the roads are good... for the mountains... Sight on seen,in a sorta kinda way, that's not so much in a not so sorta kinda way. If you follow me. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I'll be getting in my final attempt at hounding before old man winter kicks me in the face. emoticon-object-024.gif Since I have the day off - worse case, I get as far as I can (truck to road or truck to ... well, anything really) Pray to jeebas it's not on private land and look for a place to dig. Make the most of the day.

Colin

Well I was in the lake george area after the snow and right now the roads arent to bad and the snow is only in te tree'd areas under the trees.

Chris

--------------------
--Chris

01101100 01100101 01110100 01110011 00100000 01100111 01101111 00100000 01101101 01101001 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100001 00100001

+Quote Post
NewRockHounder
post Nov 20 2014, 11:36 AM
Post #14

Rock Bar!

Decided to push it to tomorrow (Friday) after work - that being said, after work tomorrie is at 830am smiley-shocked003.gif

I really hope this is the last 3am'er I'll hafta do. It's nice not having customers ask me, every 2 minutes where something is - and I can actually get some work done... but it's 3am!

Colin

--------------------
- You Rock! (Literally)

+Quote Post
Caveman
post Nov 20 2014, 07:09 PM
Post #15

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 41,357

I am in the "Must... goooooo..... prospecting!" frame of mind. Can't do it right now for many reasons. Oh, well - at least I can research some areas for next year!

--------------------
Caveman
Aulus Livius Maximus
World Traveler, 7 Continent Walker
LEVEL 3
LIFETIME MEMBER
Referral Code: SE2104

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:04 PM