ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Septarian nodules
nate
post Mar 23 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #16

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 121,949

Excellent! My wife's parents work at a camp in lake City. If she doesn't care to join for some exploring, I'd be willing to bet she would love the time with her parents.

Also, on some private land at the camp I found some agate or pet wood around 10000 feet while shed hunting. Know very little about either, but hoping to keep learning and spend a couple days up there this year seeing if I can find some more and larger chunks. I'll try to find some pictures and post them.

--------------------
Rock: Climb it. Dig it. Build your house upon it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EchoBravo
post Jun 6 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #17

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 129,116

Thanks you for the opportunity to dig for Sep Nodules on your beautiful piece of land. I did locate 3 new ones that we busted open on site. I was planning to keep them whole as the mystery to whats inside makes it really fun, but to find room was an issue. We did end up with some really nice specimens along with a cool chunk of calcedony/agate i found. The best part of the dig was meeting Pepper, Prudence, & jawing with your wife the whole time. greensmilies-012.gif great meeting like minded folks. We will have to hook up next time we are out there. Take care JB300! Hope you can see the calcite crystals in the pics.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
1/15 FA 2nd ID, Camp Casey Korea
1/5 FA 1st ID, Ft Riley KS
Recall-ODS Veteran
RC: EB725

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Jun 6 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #18

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,659

You're welcome echo. I'm glad you got to dig a few and they are beautiful. My wife said she had a real nice visit with you guys and you're welcome any time.

Thank you for the awesome superior agates and the sweet necklace for shelley!

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post
nate
post Jun 19 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #19

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 121,949

Attached Image

Attached Image

These are a couple of my most recent septarian nodule finds. I had to go to otero county for work and as I passed the devil heading the other direction, he told me he needed cooler weather. Luckily a nice storm came through and cooled it off for me. I dug in one hillside previously untouched by anyone digging. 3 nodules over 5 feet in diameter. They each held 2-4 different types of crystal structure. One had a huge chunk of barite! I'll get a picture but it's not much to look at. Only one face on the hunk. Anyway, let's check out your area sometime Johnny.

--------------------
Rock: Climb it. Dig it. Build your house upon it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:41 AM