ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2015 Maint Fee Increase For Claims
swizz
post Jul 30 2014, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

I've attached a copy of the letter I received recently regarding the Annual Maintenance Fee increase.
If you are a claim owner and haven't received this, please read it carefully.
The increase is only $15 and I don't have problem with that... the problem I have is that they implemented this and served notice fewer than two months prior to the filing deadline. They have every right to do this since nobody bothered to oppose it in the allotted time frame but their timing is suspicious... this close to the filing deadline.
Another thing I feel the need to address, and Dan agrees with me on this: They now offer a "convenient" online annual mining claim renewal service. Don't be fooled, this can leave your flanks exposed, so to speak.
Why? Because in the Federal court of law a notarized document that has been sent via Certified Mail carries much more weight than an online click payment. Very important. happy112.gif
Furthermore, I clicked on the online renewal option just to have a look. I entered the information it requested several times and each time it gave me the ol ""Error 404" message. Sweet baby Jesus... remind you of anything? Yes, Obamacare.
Needless to say, I don't recommend using their online renewal service... for a number of reasons. chin.gif
Fellow claim owners - if you filed and paid your $140 fees for 2015 prior to this change make sure you send them the additional $15 by the end of August or your Active Status will be in jeopardy. I'm sure they'll serve 30 day notice.... but still.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:29 PM