ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
My homemade mini, Mini highbanker cons cleaner
DBinCo
post Feb 4 2004, 09:49 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

Hi all ! rolleyes.gif Just thought you might like to have a peek at a real prospectin TOY ! I call it a toy cause it's so tiny , but it really does do a fine job of cleanin up the cons from my standard size highbanker or any other sluice box for that matter ! It's not quite finished yet as you can see , it still needs a removable tailings tray for both the hydro box and the sluice ! unsure.gif First tests have proven it's capabilities , so the final touches are only days away ! And besides , I just wanted to show it off and maybe get some input on it , as I'm always open to suggestions on improvements ! blink.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  nugg___mini_cons_cleaner_003.JPE ( 15.27K ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DBinCo
post Feb 4 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Diggin' In!

Just another view of my Mini , and added dimensions ;
Hydro box 6ins. wide x 10 ins. long x 2ins. deep
Sluice box is 6ins. wide x 12ins. long x 2.5ins. deep
Entire unit is self contained in an 8gal. ActionPacker storage box by Rubbermaid
Pump is a Rule 500 gph 12volt boat bilge pump
So , who cares , here's another pic of it !!! wacko.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  nugg___mini_cons_cleaner_004.JPE ( 15.49K ) Number of downloads: 0

+Quote Post
DBinCo
post Feb 4 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

wacko.gif Forgot one more thing ! The clear liquid in there is water ! unsure.gif

+Quote Post
ME CO
post Feb 4 2004, 11:35 PM
Post #4

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7

I got a whole bucket of cons up here in the springs if you want to give it a good test LOL. Nice and clean lookin. Mark

--------------------
Sunshine Dredge Co.

+Quote Post
Redpaw
post Feb 5 2004, 12:23 AM
Post #5

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 16

B) B) HOT SETUP B) B)

Do you have an estimate of what it would take to build from scratch in costs or are you selling these by chance?

That looks to me like a real handy way to spend late night camping for cleaning up the cons. I really think that you have a winning setup there with very clean Fab lines and Fab work. :P :D laugh.gif :P

--------------------

+Quote Post
gold_tutor
post Feb 5 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 25

Looks like you have a great start there. Congrats on your fab skills.

A few questions?

What is the angle of incline of your lower tray?

What is your design feature keep the legs from vibrating off the side of your Rubbermaid tub?

Where is your regulator valve for modulating water flow into your upper tray?

What classification size aggregate are you going to be processing?

Have you thought of a Radio Shack solar panel to power / recharge your power supply?

Have you taken the time to finish your fab ends so that they won't snag fingers, either yours or others, when they are cold and numb?

If I think of more, can I come back and ask them, too? laugh.gif

Looking pretty snazzy there. Congrats.

+Quote Post
DBinCo
post Feb 5 2004, 08:03 PM
Post #7

Diggin' In!

:D WOW , TY ty ty , sure wasn't expectin all that ! :o First off , Mark ,you're more than welcome to bring your cons to the rally and run em through this little jewel , as I will definitely have it set up there ! What a good way to get people to ask questions , which is what this rally is all about !
Redpaw , you nailed it , I do intend to sell these units , but , you are more than welcome to take pics of it at the rally and even take measurements to copy if you like ! Am hoping to have a couple extras with me at that time for sales ! As for the cost , have not made a tally yet , but I would guess about $125 to build !
Will probably sell for $279.95 ballpark figures , grin !!!!
Gold Tutor , you don't miss much do ya , rolleyes.gif Angle of incline is adjustable , not that it matters that much as the ribbed rubber catches all gold coming through the 3/16 S.S. classifier screen on the upper tray, which also brings us to the flow valve that will be located right at the hose connection on the upper tray ! This unit does not vibrate much , but there are notches cut into the base which hold it in place quite well ! Radio Shack solar panel , sure , got that idea from my Camel Desert Fox spiral panner ! Sharp edges , GOOD idea , have to put that on check list for finished product ! I'm sure there is more that I have not thought of , so keep the questions comin Please !I would love to make this unit so that it cannot be improved upon !!! Thanks everybody ! Dan

+Quote Post
Sammy316
post Feb 6 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #8

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 45

Pretty cool!! I made one out of a Tee-Dee EZ sluice and it doesn't look nearly as sharp as that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 11 2004, 09:21 AM
Post #9

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Very cool Dan!!
Im looking forward to you giving us a demonstration of how well that beauty works at the rally. :) ;) :D
You did a great job.

Denise
:)

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
wyodust
post Feb 26 2004, 02:39 PM
Post #10

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 63

looks great dan, will be looking forward to seeing it action, i might have to tinker and try to build one now...hmmmm oh i mean check into buying one from ya :P

--------------------
user posted image
I AM A COLORADO PROSPECTOR LIFETIME MEMBER

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:23 AM