ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
another (newbie), LOST
fenixsmom
post Jun 26 2014, 02:24 PM
Post #16

Master Mucker!

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,305

As far as the lifetime membership goes, I know you can do payments monthly. MrsCP or Colorado Prospector are who you should talk to. I'm always happy to help a fellow member! Just paying it forward friend!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jun 26 2014, 07:23 PM
Post #17

Master Mucker!

These where taken on Coors property just west of A-bar. The water is high and fast.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
swizz
post Jun 26 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,983

Hey.... if you go to Phoenix hopefully you'll get a chance to talk to Al, the owner. Such a nice guy and loves to chat.
He'll let you pan the river there after the tour. If you do that don't waste your time in the creek.... work the bank/bench material or around the larger dry rocks, cracks, etc. The water there should be perfect level as well as Vic's.
HAVE FUN!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Bear'sPa
post Jun 28 2014, 04:09 AM
Post #19

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 117,845

Thanks Swizz, I'll ask for him. I'm stuck in K.C. right now. Somehow the company knows when you have plans, and when to put the screw to you. I'll have to let my pals do the driving tomorrow, while I catch a nap.

+Quote Post
Bear'sPa
post Jun 28 2014, 04:14 AM
Post #20

Diggin' In!

Good Pics fenixsmom, thanks. it does look a little risky. Might take the time to go to county office and do some research. Maybe it will drop by August when I come back out.

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jun 28 2014, 07:28 AM
Post #21

Master Mucker!

I'm sorry to hear you wont make it this time. August will be awesome! Hot days and cold rivers to wade in!

+Quote Post
Bear'sPa
post Jun 28 2014, 12:50 PM
Post #22

Diggin' In!

Oh No, you misunderstood. Wild horses won't keep me away this week. I just gotta nap instead of drive. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jun 28 2014, 03:27 PM
Post #23

Master Mucker!

Ahh! Yup, I misunderstood! Have fun wherever you end up!!!

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jun 28 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #24

Master Mucker!

How much does it cost to pan at Vic's?

+Quote Post
Bear'sPa
post Jun 29 2014, 12:38 AM
Post #25

Diggin' In!

The ad on CP says 10 $ to pan 15$ for a three foot sluice. If the others guys agree, I thin phoenix and Vic's on monday. I'm A VERY HAPPY MAN.

+Quote Post
fenixsmom
post Jun 29 2014, 10:34 AM
Post #26

Master Mucker!

Thanks! 10 bucks isn't bad at all!

+Quote Post
Bear'sPa
post Jun 29 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #27

Diggin' In!

Tried clear creek, WOW it is blown out drove up to tunnel 6, no place to go. Headed for Vic's tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Bear'sPa
post Jul 10 2014, 06:11 AM
Post #28

Diggin' In!

Well I got home last Wednesday (sigh), had a great time! We mostly spent time at Vic's. We got to meet Jesse Peterson and a couple other guys there. My Friends had never panned before and Jesse was a great help, a real wealth of information. Any way we got lots of Color, I brought home about three gal. of cons. Can't wait for the RR to give me time to work it. Lots of really fine Gold. I'm thinking of building a Millers table, I have a lot of old slate from a school that replaced their black boards. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
russau
post Jul 10 2014, 07:37 AM
Post #29

russau

Member No.: 43

ive made a few of these Miller tables. ive used all of the different types of material for the surface. but slate is by far the best. these tables are the best and the cheapest of all the final cleanup tools ava....you don't need to make this very big.my first one was 36"x 50" x 3/8 inch thick slate. waaaaaaaayyyyy to big and heavy for what your wanting. I ended up cutting it with a masonary saw while spraying a small stream of water to cool the saw blade AND the slate to prevent chipping at the edges. you don't need a large gpm bilge pump to work this. infact the lesser amount of water is very preferable . and keep the waters surface as smooth as possible for best results. and ONLY run screened material over the table. the smaller the screenings of cons means the slower the water to capture the smallest fine gold. make your stand for this table so that its adjustable. you don't need much of a slope for the finer gold, and recycle your treated water. I use just a drop or two of Jet Dry in my water. you don't want ANY bubbles forming that would cause the finer gold to float out on these bubbles. theres another website I go to everyday that has a great thread on these tables with pictures but I don't want to post it due to the rules of etiquette unless Dan or Dennise ok posting it. but its the biggest gold/treasure/hobbies site on the net.

+Quote Post
russau
post Jul 10 2014, 07:44 AM
Post #30

russau

Member No.: 43

Also another thing i like todo before running my table is to condition/clean my tables surface to make sure there isn't any left over dirt on its surface that would alter its flow in any way and to make sure the surface is completely covered and the water flow is evenly spread over its surface. to me, this is very important to do! when all is done, begin slowly spreading small amounts of your screened cons across the headend of the table and allow the water to slowly wash off everything except your fine gold. you cant beat the price of them if you make it and the cleanups will be your best! show some pictures of it when you get it built.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:39 AM