ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Strange cave found
johnnybravo300
post Mar 17 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #16

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,659

Not much new there and I'm not sure what I'm even looking at. I dug it out and took a bud there with his p.I. detector once spring thawed but it was full of flying insects and he didn't want to enter. I haven't been back since then but it looked like they were digging out the seam between two different breccias. There are quartz grains within. I found a bunch of other drill holes in the rock face all across there possibly from the same people.
The darkened rock is natural I believe, and moisture stained but I did find mineralization in the area so they must have seen something that interested them.
Or they wanted me to think that, and there's a big treasure chest near by!

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Mar 22 2017, 02:02 PM
Post #17

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 121,949

QUOTE (johnnybravo300 @ Mar 17 2017, 01:33 PM) *
Not much new there and I'm not sure what I'm even looking at. I dug it out and took a bud there with his p.I. detector once spring thawed but it was full of flying insects and he didn't want to enter. I haven't been back since then but it looked like they were digging out the seam between two different breccias. There are quartz grains within. I found a bunch of other drill holes in the rock face all across there possibly from the same people.
The darkened rock is natural I believe, and moisture stained but I did find mineralization in the area so they must have seen something that interested them.
Or they wanted me to think that, and there's a big treasure chest near by!

very interesting. it would be interesting to be a little psychic and know what was going on there. i found a tunnel off gold camp road that followed a large vein of clay for about 25-30 feet. i dug on in through the clay for a while 2 separate days, but found nothing....... would love to know why someone spent weeks on that spot....i may never know. it too was covered with bugs that i just ignored. i think crusty took a picture of me in there with a swarm on the day he joined me.

--------------------
Rock: Climb it. Dig it. Build your house upon it.

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Mar 22 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #18

Rock Bar!

Luckily these weren't biting insects hehe. I don't mind the bugs unless they are chewing me up!

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post
jimmyrig
post Mar 8 2022, 09:55 AM
Post #19

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 132,619

Just FYI about the legal stuff. I have been contemplating and researching the "what if I find something". To sum it up is: Go find it and don't tell anyone where it is. Leave it there and go get a treasure permit from the forest service. Go back and recover your treasure. It may be hard to do but that is really the only legal way. Usually the forest service and BLM are reasonable with permits, worst case you will have to take an archeologist with you but the permit and treasure are yours.

--------------------
James
Member Since 06/2017
Referral JB748

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Jun 16 2022, 07:42 PM
Post #20

Rock Bar!

I never found a treasure unfortunately but i metal detected the area and found alot of things left by the old miners there around the cabin ruins.
I even dug out a bunch of the tunnel and nothing.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:10 AM