ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Professional Geologists, No Licensure Required in Colorado
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 11 2018, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

While 29 states and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico require professional geologists to have a Professional Geologist (P.G.) license, Colorado does not. The state certainly has an interest in protecting citizens, government entities and companies from unethical and/or incompetent practice.

Here's a link to what Colorado requires;

PG Definition

Our state should impose a licensure process in order to assure accountability and responsibility of P.G. practitioners. 2c.gif

ASTROBLEME

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
GeoMatt
post Jan 20 2018, 09:35 AM
Post #2

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 117,968

I'd be careful with pulling a geo/mining engineer out of ICMJ. Just remember that you also get what you pay for. If you are looking to establish a multi million dollar valuation, you are going to have to spend some money in order to establish a credible resource - defensible sampling & analysis (statistically relevant) of the actual material, and a report generated by someone other than the state.

I'm up at the AME Roundup and VRIC in Vancouver this weekend, need me to get you some good consultant resumes? wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:38 PM